DC5 Advice

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Just got the figure! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

It's for my eyes only :biggrin:
Anyway met Turbulence and 2 more dc5 owners during the dyno they saw the figure. 201.44whp and 19.42kg-m. I think not bad since my car only got: custom muffler, 2.5" straight piping, de-cat, hks open pod. Air-fuel ratio have room for improvement with tuneable ecu coz I'm using stock ecu right now :smokin:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
does anyone know when or how to know whether the brembo caliper need to be service?
last time i replace old rotor with slit rotor and upgrade brake pad ...but i din feel any difference...not sure whether the brake pad itself or what..currently using yellow ebc..

btw, how much to service caliper?

I spoke to DCLoo a couple of weeks ago , enquiring about the same thing.

apparently he has this Brembo service kit, specially from Honda for DC5's.

I think it replaces the piston rings/seals in the brembo.

logically thinking, rubber parts exposed to heat will harden, might even crack or deform, theoratically, that would cause a loss of pressure and potential leaks, wouldn't it?

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
my frens went to exceptional today, he asked for me bout the repair kit for dc5 brembo...cost around 600++ for 1 set front. mahalnyeeee

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
my frens went to exceptional today, he asked for me bout the repair kit for dc5 brembo...cost around 600++ for 1 set front. mahalnyeeee
berembooo maaaa.... mmg laaa mahal ha ha ha!!!:biggrin:

neesern

Feb 29, 2008
hey guys,

just wanted to ask, what kind of clutches are u guys using? read somewhere here that someone recommended either stock or ogura 250 ? anyone here with any good suggestions? oh and wanted to ask if the lightend fly wheel that comes along with all these branded clutches, do they actually make a difference?

thanks lot. damn clutch giving away larr...

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
I need clutch too :hmmmm: ...anyone wanna share or suggest?

neesern

Feb 29, 2008
first of all, i did not start a new thread seeing that nobody ever bothers to reply threads started by newbies, hence me deciding to post on this thread,which is obviously the most view and posted on thread. However, what i've noticed is that the so called members in this club only reply to each others post which most often isnt even related to dc5. i've seen how other car clubs work and this is definitely not how one works. posting here have been a waste of time.

Not having a club is better than having an ignorant club.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hurh?i dunno wat pissed u off but i tot i saw 2 person replied 2 ur query?or is it u 1 more specific answer/suggestion like :-
a) cost of d clutch
b) whr 2 buy
c) whr 2 install
d) how long wud they last
e) how many hp can d clutch take
etc etc etc?

n no,i m not a DC5 owner,m just shocked w ur reaction,dat's all..so,care 2 share wat actually pissed u off dat made u post such a statement?
thk u very much

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
first of all, i did not start a new thread seeing that nobody ever bothers to reply threads started by newbies, hence me deciding to post on this thread,which is obviously the most view and posted on thread. However, what i've noticed is that the so called members in this club only reply to each others post which most often isnt even related to dc5. i've seen how other car clubs work and this is definitely not how one works. posting here have been a waste of time.

Not having a club is better than having an ignorant club.
Hey bro. First of all, we are not in any club. We don't have a club and we intend not to have a club. The DC5 owners here are also not attached to any other official car club. Regardless of the non-existent of the club, we get to know and become close to each other here, in ZTH, by participating actively in the forum and meeting up regularly to share our experience with the car.

I consider myself a newbie as I still have a lot to learn about this car. Not all of my questions are answered in the forum or on the net...but hey that doesn't deter me to look for the information I need somewhere else. It might take sometime, but with patience and preserverance I manage to get what I seek. p/s: note the keyword - PATIENCE and PRESERVERANCE.

Your total post of eight (8), the question you asked and the flaming response you gave when your question was unanswered truly shocked me, and most likely evryone else here. You really think all questions in your life will be answered in 30 mins? Come on man. Even a 'kaunter pertanyaan' in a shopping complex couldn't answer everything about the entire complex!

Since it's a waste of time for you to be here, don't be here then. We all got nothing to lose here. There are a lot of other friends out there who can benefit from this forum.

"Make friends, not enemies.":nurse:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I wonder if this is the appropriate section or even the right forum to post this. Need some help from those with experience in accident cases.

Are all accidents even a very minor one need to be reported? I had a minor accident this morning while turning into another lane and this car knocked my rear bumper (on bumper corner). The driver said forget it. So, should I report or not? If don't, what if he eventually go to make a police report?

Only scratches found on both cars. Am I at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience