Increasing power on Satria 1.3gli

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Hey guys , i want to increase power for my year 2001 satria 1.3gli manual , what can i do to increase power of my current engine , i dont want to change engine or bot . I prefer getting the best from what this 4g13 can give.

So please advise and if possible give pricing and recommended shops that are good with this stuff.

What i want to achieve is :

1. Better pick up
2. Smoother power band through gears
3. Current top speed seems to be around 140km/h , want to increase
4. My suspension is very hard , can feel every gravel and bump on the road , WHY ?

My car is all 100% stock , i also noticed water droplets from my exhaust if i leave the car idle for a while , is this a good sign or bad 1.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
Re: Increasing power on Satira 1.3gli

5 years back...when i was using wira 1.3 stock standard..my top speed also only 140...i send it to advance the cam timing...really2 feel the difference...better low end power...and my top speed increase to 160kmh...then change the filter to aftermarket and extractor..also remove the center box...power was better then stock...figure out to change to mivec for more power...but suddenly end up buying another car...hahahaa:biggrin:

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008

Water droplets means good sign. Complete combustion. Go for 4-2-1 headers, original piping route, and a silent straight flow ( big tabung). The setup saves fuel, and doesnt stress the engine much as compared to using s-flow.

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006

few years back my a friend of mine use modded his intake + exhaust system, add a fuel regulator and pivot spark earth and he have a customize high cam and a emanage to control.... his car can overtook any wira 1.6 (m).... around 75-80whp

Last edited:

chimaera1855

1,500 RPM
Sep 10, 2007

save the trouble and money and get a better car.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com

well guys thx for the info , well i dont want to change the car i like the car which is why a bought it, well so i guess going for better intake like k&N or simota performance filter will be good and also a 4-2-1 header with straight flow exhaust.

By the way how do i advance the cam timing, as said by bro camshaft , can recomend the place u did this and price, thx bro.

Bro chimaera1855 , i always see the ornage tvr in ur avatar in bangsar , is that ur ride , and u live around bangsar.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003

Bro, your specifications is not that specific. Eg, you want to increase top speed until????

Whatever you do to modify a 1.3, is still a 1.3.

I own a 1.3 wira, the mods that i've done are:
1. Skim flywheel
2. Exhaust
3. Upgrade the brake servo and disc brakes.

The other simple mod that you can do is the air filter.

It is not the fastest wira 1.3 but it is smooth and qiuck response at the traffic lights

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com

true bro , i dun wan be crazy fast the car is too light i just want smooth power and good response at traffic lights , feels sluggish for pick up bro , my top speed is arnd 140km/h , i want to get at least 170-180.

My car is still stock , shall i get a 4-2-1 header first , and leave the rest of the exhaust system stock. And also a performance air filter

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

true bro , i dun wan be crazy fast the car is too light i just want smooth power and good response at traffic lights , feels sluggish for pick up bro , my top speed is arnd 140km/h , i want to get at least 170-180.

My car is still stock , shall i get a 4-2-1 header first , and leave the rest of the exhaust system stock. And also a performance air filter
Go for the piping as well... it helps much better. Ex: if your throat is 2 inches wide but the rest of your intestines are what, 1.5 inches still theres a restriction :biggrin:.

Air filter also get ori! Pirated ones dont filter so well. :rolleyes:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006

i dont know where in kl..but most reputable workshop can set the timing of the cam...they will loosened up the engine belt...and calculate the degree of the cam pulley and the crank...then they will pull the cam pulley to the desire degree...make sure they done it properly...and with tools...not just by guessing...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Zidane : 4G13 gearbox ratio is shorter, so pickup is definitely better.

Adjust cam timing or ignition timing? Only MMC can adjust ignition timing. Siemens one can't be done unless you overwrite the ECU with a piggyback.

ravingill : You want power? Then you better have a big budget.

1. Bore your cylinders and stroke
2. Larger valves
3. Lightening and blueprinting
4. Balancing and port and polish
5. High compression custom pistons
6. Matching exhaust setup
7. Fuel pump upgrade
8. If your car is a carbie, WEBER!
9. Performance camshafts
10. Standalone ECU / piggy back ECU
11. Advance / retard ignition timing for lower / higher end power

Er.. can't think of anything else. Probably missing a lotta things. By the time you're done doing all that, you probably would have spent a small fortune enough to buy you a new engine.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

4. My suspension is very hard , can feel every gravel and bump on the road , WHY ?
perhaps your stock suspension has worn out whereby the absorbers have stopped functioning, therefore you can feel it is more bumpy now. It is time for you to change your suspension, perhaps this is a good opportunity to get a sports suspension. Or if you prefer comfort, you can stick back to stock suspension.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Came across this article from Elektor Electronics Magazine - November 2004 on the project for building a car battery desulfator.

http://notes.ump.edu.my/fkee/e-Magazine/Elektor%202004/Articles/E/e04b020.pdf

Extract from the article :-
Sulphation
The capacity of a lead-acid battery gradually decreases during its service life due to normal wear and tear, for a variety of reasons. However, the aging process is considerably accelerated if an uncharged battery is stored for longer than a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience