Honda is catching fast..

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
Just stumbled upon an article on Malaysia vehicle sales in newspaper recently, and I can't stop looking at the statistic that shows how poor is Toyota performing compare to its archrival Honda. Eventhough Toyota is still leading overall, but the market share has been deteriorating, no thanks to Honda. The worst result is from Vios, where sales has been sliding, while City gained a whopping 89%. It is good that Toyota quitted F1, so that the savings gained can be used to develop better consumer car that actually reflect current trend and needs. Or will this ever happen? what say u?

Honda gained, while others dropped, and Toyota being 2nd worst.

18,662 advantage, and now down to only 7081. congratz to City.

The only consolation, in pick-up category. Is Hilux in it?

sighh......

Last edited:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
good info sharing.....most of the time we get less from Toyota for the same amount of money that we pay for same segment car. Time for Toyota to do something. Not just to throw us outdated technology for the car that sell in Malaysia.
They have plenty of nice cars but not available in Malaysia market.

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
Bring on RUn X...
Where's Mark II, Chaser, Crown, Camry TRD n so on...
i think because of our goverment impose such rules & restriction on imported cars just to protect our national car. sky high tax on import cars. also with AP thing. AP is created for their kroni's welfare only.
No benefit at all of the AP regulations.

If not, like chinozie said, bring on the long list of toyota model to Malaysian market. Then we can see who's controlling our local automotive market

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
good info sharing.....most of the time we get less from Toyota for the same amount of money that we pay for same segment car. Time for Toyota to do something. Not just to throw us outdated technology for the car that sell in Malaysia.
They have plenty of nice cars but not available in Malaysia market.
Yeah... You are right! UMW Malaysia should be time for improvement!

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
IF only UMW is looking at this.... i hope they will not rest on their laurels just because they are current market leader. Camry and Hilux aside, I think the rest of the models are dead boring. Uncle auntie may go for the good 'ol brand of toyota, but the spending power is now on the young exec, who dun mind 'urban legend' of Honda gearbox easy to spoil, cushion hard...yada yada. 3 years down the road, just sell off the car and get something cheekier. no problem.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
few of female frens just changed to city recently. i asked them why honda? they just told me city got vtec and looks very stylish ma. vios looks like ah pek's car. even my sister in law also told me recent toyota cars look very outdated. conclusion, girls also know vtec for honda, but toyota got wat? they said duno wo. nowadays not only guys know how to choose a car, but girls are pretty knowledgable and demanding as well.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
few of female frens just changed to city recently. i asked them why honda? they just told me city got vtec and looks very stylish ma. vios looks like ah pek's car. even my sister in law also told me recent toyota cars look very outdated. conclusion, girls also know vtec for honda, but toyota got wat? they said duno wo. nowadays not only guys know how to choose a car, but girls are pretty knowledgable and demanding as well.
hey... Toyota got VVTi what!?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The VIOS durability still better than City what!?

But City much hansem than VIOS lo... Because VIOS = Very Indianan Old Style...

Last edited:

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
i think because of our goverment impose such rules & restriction on imported cars just to protect our national car. sky high tax on import cars. also with AP thing. AP is created for their kroni's welfare only.
No benefit at all of the AP regulations.
this is out of topic..but something to ponder about. Australia is lowering their car prices. Will we ever see this here??

Tariffs | New year | Car savings

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
this is out of topic..but something to ponder about. Australia is lowering their car prices. Will we ever see this here??

Tariffs | New year | Car savings
Australia lowering their price quite some time ago le... I at there can buy a Impreza ver 4-5 with just 5000 AUD only.

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Er, well Toyota does have VVT-i, but that is not as advance as the VTEC system. In fact the VTEC system was first available to the market in the 80s and it was the first of it's kind mass produced. VTEC also enables you to save fuel and yet have the power when you need it, VVT-i's primary focus is on fuel economy. Moreover, the VTEC system has been well known through various races all over the world, therefore, for girls to even recognise this should not come as a surprise.

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
Australia lowering their price quite some time ago le... I at there can buy a Impreza ver 4-5 with just 5000 AUD only.
I know. This is just an example of a government that actually lowers tariff for its people. for m'sia, the government just keep raising it.

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
hey... Toyota got VVTi what!?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The VIOS durability still better than City what!?

But City much hansem than VIOS lo... Because VIOS = Very Indianan Old Style...

lol..girls ma.cheapest city 85k, cheapest vios 70k.but still city achieved good sales record. obviously malaysian nowdays lifestyle improved and willingly to pay more.can say toyota sales and marketing strategies went wrong?

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
Sorry chang for my statement that seem to be out of topic. the rules & regulations off-limit the automotive company to expand their sales in local market especially toyota. where it seems to reflect the drop of toyota sales performance nowadays. i hope for better future of Malaysia esp. our automotive industry.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Turbo Tuesday guys, if you haven't read my review of the 2015 FK2R Civic Type-R Turbo via the main page recently, please enjoy this instead. All questions or comments be it on the review or the FK2R is highly welcomed

There's also a short video overview for your enjoyment

This is the link to the Full Article: http://www.zerotohundred.com/2015/primo-2015-fk2r-civic-type-r-turbo-first-drive/
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience