Satria Neo - High RPM during idling and Gear Changing Issue.

Jan 3, 2010
Selangor
hi all sifu,

I am pretty new to this forum and as well as my car. Am driving a manual transmission 1.6. Having some queries regarding the car.

1) Car idles at 1-1.6 when air-con is on and also idles at 1-1.2 when air con is not on.
2) When changing gears, the rpm rises even though i change gear without depressing the accelerator. I find this weird as before this i drove a couple of manual car and never came across this issue. Its just annoying when i change gear and the revving sound rises before i release the clutch.

My take on this is the clutch plate or the gearbox is not set at the usual setting. All sifu's please advise. Would like to get some views before i go for my first service to get it fix and asked Proton's mechanic's take on the issue mentioned above.

Thanks.
Jared.

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
You should probably go clean your throttle body which may be congested therefore causing the high revs. Another could be your accelerator cable which directly connects to the engine enabling you to step on your accelerator pedal and accelerates your car.

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
hi all sifu,

I am pretty new to this forum and as well as my car. Am driving a manual transmission 1.6. Having some queries regarding the car.

1) Car idles at 1-1.6 when air-con is on and also idles at 1-1.2 when air con is not on.
2) When changing gears, the rpm rises even though i change gear without depressing the accelerator. I find this weird as before this i drove a couple of manual car and never came across this issue. Its just annoying when i change gear and the revving sound rises before i release the clutch.

My take on this is the clutch plate or the gearbox is not set at the usual setting. All sifu's please advise. Would like to get some views before i go for my first service to get it fix and asked Proton's mechanic's take on the issue mentioned above.

Thanks.
Jared.
characteristic of campro. lol .. campro manual is very hard car to tame in order to make the gear change smooth. just need to get the timing right.. and very soon, you will get used to it.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
if ur car from the 1st batch of campro, the rpm will go higher on every gear change the moment u step onto yr clutch.....usually 1200 rpm or slightly higher. its campro characteristic to match the gear change and engine speed.

but if idling is so high, then u must go check on the throttle body or send it to proton for tuning...

mfauzi_s

Jun 1, 2006
for question no 2- it's normal when to change to any gear, ur engine rev up when push clutch pedal. same with gen2 campro cps.

jaredchew

Jan 3, 2010
Selangor
Thanks for the insights..Will ask them to reduce the RPM then..most likely around 900 to 1000 with air-con on. Thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,i need some suggestion abt l5 engine..i juz install l5 4pston auto engine to my kncil..bt the engine did not respone as what i expected..it only can reach 120/km in 400m like my prvious 850 engine..anyone can help me what shld i do to increase the torque..shld i change to manual trans?:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience