Is HWL good enough for satria gti?

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
vernshang, you can consider RG. Buy straight from the factory in Klang and it's within your budget. The change can go buy a few cds somemore. And RG is monotube too.

cordialban

Oct 25, 2004
HWL has been proven in rallies. Now RM 1600 with adjustable re-bounce. This gives u better dampering and u can set it to ur liking. Heard that it comes with a 3 year unlimited warranty too if u take it from Mr. Wong himself. Titan in Adrian Abu Bakar's kelisa kaput in 1st leg not even 1st ss completed in last years round. Fortunately the spare original volvo 360 absorbers were with them (no mod-straight fit) and it lasted the whole race thru... hehe.. definately much better than titan.

elgesias

Jul 29, 2004
Visit site
I'm using HWL, provide better handling during high speed conrnering but i choose a stiffer spring so the car r a bit buoncing. Conclusion can be consider at this price RM1600 HWL r the best. My frenz using TITAN if u press the car the suspension r veri stiff but running on the road not bouncing at all and veri comfort but the price r expensive!!!! :blink:

vernshang

Known Member
May 26, 2004
Visit site
jasper,
rg ah?...em..wat is the pricing range?...havent hear much +ve comment bout it yet.

cordial,
thanx for feedback. =) it obviously help. since rallies is hardcord trash the suspension still can...hope with my soft and tender drive can last for 1-2years at least.

elgesias,
hmmm great.. where did u get it done? yea titan is too expensive eventhough many +ve comment bout it. unless ninja iga give New year sales....50% off on all titan products :D

ZephyRed

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
Sunway
Visit site
i've driven a gti with hwl... good... i love it... not too bumpy, and it handles the car well even in an uneven corner...

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
I like my TiTan set on my kancil. :lol:

glee

Known Member
Originally posted by vernshang@Nov 12 2004, 16:22
Hi sifus...

Need to seek advice from all here again.

Was wondering is HWL good enough for satria gti? anyone on satria using it now?
looking it into consideration as the price is within my budget.

How is HWL compare to APM...both also nearly same pricing at around 1.6k

Hope all hwl give some comment here...overally? ride? service? perform? warranty?

Thanx thanx. do not wan to invest in bad product here. :)
hi vernshang, just remember, at the end of the day, the job that all brands of shocks and springs do for your car is the same.

any brand of shock, from any country, can be fine tuned to more or less what you want it to do for you. Coilovers are particularly good for this, as they can be revalved, built to different lengths, or be adjustable, and different spring rates are readily available.

when you look at which brands, it all boils down to after sales service level, and component quality. The most expensive brands are of course built using more expensive components that are either more durable, or last longer. If you are new to buying suspension, after sales service is very important. I can tell you that APM, and RG are not good at that.

I also think for regular street performance driving, multi adjustability is not really important. If you get your setup right the first time, and are happy with it, you will most likely never need to change it again. I have been running the same setup on my coilovers for 3 years now. I have used it for autokhana, autocross, driving to work and shopping ;), on the highway, as well as track days. I am using APM monotubes.

KoNa

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Visit site
hey...
im driving a satria 1.6 with hwl
but i got mine for RM1500...
in sunway... the comfort... lets just say its not good to drive fast after a heavy dinner... well i think the performance is ok... its steady...
compared to apm its harder no matter what setting u use...
i set it to 2 fingers gap... but now afta putting in my bodykit one finger aso canot fit in...
n oh yea one more set back...
its very bouncy... n from the outside it looks like u cut ur spring...
coz tat is wat my bros fren asked me:
eh u cut ur springs ar?
felt like whacking him coz i spend 1500 on adjustables u say i cut spring...
haihz...
but for the price its ok...

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
anyone know where i can find pictures of the apm monotube & twin tubes?? i have no idea how they are different...i know monotube is a single and twin is 2 tubes la but i dunno wat the actual things look like...

btw, are the hwl mt1 monotubes or twin tubes??

i opened up a thread...appreciate if u guys could provide some feedback...

pls provide feedback

eg9525

Known Member
Mar 6, 2004
Cybertron
www.revsaints.com
hi there...

just to share my experience with HWL MT1 that I bought from a dealer in Kepong. actually when I first install the HWL absorbers AKA as MINES, the dealer re label it. the products sucks! they took the old stock for me, the absorbers was soft! and giving me a lot of noise on rear.

so, I managed to claim warranty directly from the HWL factory at Sg Buloh. they just charged me for workmanship for installing and uninstall the HWL, cost me around RM100. if I'm not mistaken, they reservice the 4 absorbers, change the new settings. everything was fine since the they service the absorbers. no complains for 3 months already. handling was quite satisfied since the service.

but my advise is better get the HWL directly from the factory, they got differents kind of settings, especially the springs, they have the comfort version, but adjustable high low. just invest another RM100 additional for installation. you test on the spot, rather than you purchase from the dealers. sometimes the dealers will sell you the old stocks, and the settings got problems.

this is my 1.5 cents advise... good luck...

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
eg9525, where is the factory? How to get there? Address? Are we allowed to buy straight from the factory? I have heard rumors about stories similar to yours.

vernshang

Known Member
May 26, 2004
Visit site
glee,
i guess u r somehow true. just the matter how long it last.

kona,
which shop u got it from?

Wildboar,
i guess MT1 is monotube. i actually seen the different between mono and twin in speedworks. the sales guy there explain to me how does it work. u r right..there r 2 tubes in the absorber. one is the whole thing and one more tube inside. it divides between the gas and the oil. something like that la. i cannot remember liao.

eg9525,
hmm.. good idea...seems like i shld go there directly to the factory in sg buloh. but can they sell to us directly? do u have their address and phone number?

initialD,
u getting one for urself too? when r u planning to get it? perhaps we can go together and install it. probably can get cheaper price. :D

KoNa

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Visit site
i got mine at sunway..
the name of the shop is HUP SOON...
same row as daiichi but further up...
eh..
can change setting?
how?
coz mine they neva say anythin aso..
just plug in n drive..

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
vernshang, I have been on my K.O. stock absorbers for almost a year now. Need to change it liao.

But where is the factory and are we able to purchase directly? RM1500 is a good price. Lasttime somebody wanted to sell me a second hand set for RM1800...lucky I didn't get it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I wonder is proton 4G92P and 4G93P thermostat is the same?

I'm wanted to change my thermostat but not sure which one?

My current engine heat level is just above 2bar where my friends all
is above 3 or 4bar or half?

please advise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience