Are all brands of tinting films illegal?

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
sopefully that good ler.. don later they say this n that everything also no no no no.. then we pay ourself...

Streamo

Sep 14, 2004
I recently bought a second hand car with ECOTINT on it. Got scanned during a road block and found that the light penetration was only 53% for the windscreen instead of the permitted 70% and was forced to tear a part of the tinting so it has to be removed. Since the previous owner passed me the Warranty Card, I called them up to claim for it since they warranty that they will cover any summons issued. Guess what is their answer? WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERABLE. Can only be claimed by the person on the warranty card!

I think ECOTINT is not honest and is trying to con their way out of replacing the tinting.
1) Why claim so loudly ECOTINT will pass JPJ test when it doesn't?
2) Why claim so loudly they will cover summons and then say can only be done by owner? If I buy a 2months old camera and it's faulty, I have to bring the previous owner to the shop just because his name is on the warranty card???

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BUY ECOTINT??? I will stick to V-KOOL.

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Streamo said:
I recently bought a second hand car with ECOTINT on it. Got scanned during a road block and found that the light penetration was only 53% for the windscreen instead of the permitted 70% and was forced to tear a part of the tinting so it has to be removed. Since the previous owner passed me the Warranty Card, I called them up to claim for it since they warranty that they will cover any summons issued. Guess what is their answer? WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERABLE. Can only be claimed by the person on the warranty card!

I think ECOTINT is not honest and is trying to con their way out of replacing the tinting.
2) Why claim so loudly they will cover summons and then say can only be done by owner? If I buy a 2months old camera and it's faulty, I have to bring the previous owner to the shop just because his name is on the warranty card???

ECOTINT mah... eco mean economy~ he he... yeah hate those jpj, i kena b4... tat time i already late to my class, tat jpj stop me.. he said my tinted gelap.. diu, tinted luntur ada lah!!! bcos my car black, so da tinted look darker.. after he check, (i forgot how muc %%)... den i tiao him back, 'sudah i kata tak gelap, sepatutnye dari jauh dah nampak tak gelap, tak cekap lah kamu ni', den i close my door den fast fast lari frm him b4 he wan do sumthing on me he he

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Streamo said:

Where was the road-block held at? Sometimes the surrounding area can affect the result of the scan.

jemie

Mar 25, 2005
kg pandan, k.l
My experience, i convert my engine from non vtec to vtec. So, I go for inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju to endorse my new engine. The tester (puspakom) fail my tinted and remarks need to remove it before he can pass the inspection. I go to puspakom Klang, no problem. All pass. I'm use tinted V-Kool. I still worry, if see road block. Worry, them saman my car coz use V-Kool tinted. :confused_smile:

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
jemie said:
My experience, i convert my engine from non vtec to vtec. So, I go for inspection at Puspakom Wangsa Maju to endorse my new engine. The tester (puspakom) fail my tinted and remarks need to remove it before he can pass the inspection. I go to puspakom Klang, no problem. All pass. I'm use tinted V-Kool. I still worry, if see road block. Worry, them saman my car coz use V-Kool tinted. :confused_smile:
Same here, Puspakom also failed my car because of tinting. I ask the tester what does tinting have to do with engine and he replied with no answer.

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Slipknot Fanatic said:
Same here, Puspakom also failed my car because of tinting. I ask the tester what does tinting have to do with engine and he replied with no answer.
very obvios they r... LAZY~!!