Are all brands of tinting films illegal?

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Are all brands of tinting films illegal? My mum had to go to the car accessory shop today to remove her car tinting because she was stopped by JPJ roadblock in the morning. She did not tell me the location of the roadblock because she was so damn angry about removing the tints. My mum told me what the JPJ officer had told her "All brands of tinting are illegal and to have your car tinted you must bring a letter from a government approved doctor to bring to JPJ for approval". I did some checking the approval only lasts for a year and must be renewed three months before the date of expiry. When these clowns tested her car for light transmission they used something that photographers use for testing their flash. My family only tinted their cars after hearing the advice that was given by the E.P.A (Environmental Protection Agency).

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
aiks.. as i know jpj allow a certain % of tinting mer.. if i'm not mistaken is 50% ler.. din know all tinting is illegal... if 100% need some letter frm doc or something wan ler.. i think if above 50% need letter frm doc or something ler.. correct me if i'm wrong..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
in my knowledge, V-Kool is a good product. it looks clear and can be fitted to front windscreen but can block heat as well as UV rays.

V-Kool also is used in US fighter jets as well as their shuttle space ship.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
crazy clowns from jpj giving stupid excuses to saman people....

later they will say "anything not stock standard from this car is illegal"...
"who ask u change the wiper??... must use back stock standard wiper"...
"tyres also change to AD07.... tak boleh, must use back Sime tyre"...
"Iridium sparkplug tak boleh... mesti guna NGK original dari proton kilang"...
"wah, ambipur 3 unit... tak boleh nih, kereta original takde ambipur.... kasi aku confisicate"...

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
I agree with you on that SkYwalKeR. All these"Operasi" they are doing now is just for show since Merdeka is near. Matters like tinting should be a small matter but these fools just want people to die of skin cancer.

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
they just trying to get some extra pocket money ler... if the tinting is illegal n they ask u 2 remove then u must go back for car inspection.. if not then they r just pulling ur legs..

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
i think i am gonna get a letter from a Doctor, showing that i have skin disease..i must hve tint to protect my skin..hahahaa

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
The jpj ppl see ur mom lidet of course they tipu ur mom la ... Jealous ma, they have to stand in the hot sun to catch ppl while ppl can have tint in their cars.. Right? Kesian ur mother kena bully by those dogs.

I can guess the conversation between ur mom n the officer already..

Mom : Kenapa encik??
JPJ : You tint kereta u ar? Tak boleh nih.
Mom : tak boleh?? yer ke ??
JPJ : (Hahaha, got ya.) .. Yer la semua tinting illegal la!
Mom : Oh, then bagaimana encik??

The conversation goes on until he allow ur mom to go off with a promise to remove her tint ... haih.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
V-kool is definately legal
as for other brand..provided got 70% visibility it would be fine
It's printed in newspaper.
If u do have those old newspaper...stuff it inside his mouth...
within the last two months..there was a frnt page news about car modifications and i remembered clearly it stated 70% visibilith is legal

otherwise...u could try jpj website
damn those idiots.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Am on the lookout for a classy car from the 90s. Something that's fun to cruise in and handles well. Budget's around the 80k mark (with loan) or 40-50k(cash). Nothing urgent, maybe only get it next year.

Has to be reliable and reasonably cheap to maintain. I'm thinking of the following, but please help me out here. Thanks.

BMW E36 (M3 or non-M3)
Merz CLK (230 or 200k)
Merz CE (how much's road tax for the 300?)

Give me your thoughts please; thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience