Ranting.... Malaysians are Really Lucky People.....

It's better to own a car in:

• Malaysia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Singapore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
Sorry for ranting here but I am just EXTREMELY pissed......

This is because my dreams of a Satria R3 is gone (thought of important into SG) and I don't even know how long I will be able to keep my Satria Neo.

Cause the COE for a 1.6L car in Singapore now cost $56K some idiot in my country decides to cut down car population growth by reducing the COE quota again.... This means prices will not come down for a long long time already.....

And in ~5yrs time, I may be forced to scrap my Neo because I don't think I can afford over $50K to renew the COE for another 10yrs.

Seriously, I am EXTREMELY pissed and really envious and jealous of your people in MY!!

Cars are cheap and can keep forever!! So good...... :(

Really thinking of migrating to MY instead of staying in this crappy tiny island........:banghead:

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
Wow. First time reading online that someone actually likes the car ownership / tax structure system in Malaysia.

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
the grass is always greener elsewhere

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
Wow. First time reading online that someone actually likes the car ownership / tax structure system in Malaysia.
Trust me. Its much much better compared to Singapore. Cars cheaper, no stupid 10yrs limit, much cheaper road tax and insurance and petrol!! I love JB petrol!!!

Got NSHW, got Sepang, Pasir Gudang.......

Best of all can mod!! Can change engine!! Its really a heaven for cars!

OK, maybe the only complain I can think of is tolls for NSHW. But then its still better than the money sucker ERP in SG!!

satria_neo

Aug 1, 2011
Singapore
For me, I too prefer MY than SG. My complain is more of inconvenience of a big country. Even with NSHW, it still takes hours from SG to reach KL.Of course, driving on NSHW is awesome but it still gets pretty tiring after 1-2hrs.

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
You'd be surprised at the number of toll booths existing within and around KL itself (and how much toll drains the pockets of its inhabitants).

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u should be lucky staying in SG.....y wanna own a car there when the public transportation are so efficient there? even my sis used to own a honda civic FD but sold it off after 6 mths because she said there is no purpose owning a car there...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well...i happens i live and work in singapore what would i do is use bike there...and keep a "not road legal" car to whack during weekend in pasir gudang or sepang.....

i think gymkhana/car park rally also quite happening in singapore rite???...

that is the sensible choice la....

and the thing in singapore...buying car/bike is cheap...getting it registered was headache....

the different in MY was...even buying car also expensive.....but can own it forever without much headache....

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
Sorry for ranting here but I am just EXTREMELY pissed......

This is because my dreams of a Satria R3 is gone (thought of important into SG) and I don't even know how long I will be able to keep my Satria Neo.

Cause the COE for a 1.6L car in Singapore now cost $56K some idiot in my country decides to cut down car population growth by reducing the COE quota again.... This means prices will not come down for a long long time already.....

And in ~5yrs time, I may be forced to scrap my Neo because I don't think I can afford over $50K to renew the COE for another 10yrs.

Seriously, I am EXTREMELY pissed and really envious and jealous of your people in MY!!

Cars are cheap and can keep forever!! So good...... :(

Really thinking of migrating to MY instead of staying in this crappy tiny island........:banghead:
I'll take it as a compliment to all of malaysian:rofl:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Mona-vie....i think u can buy a malaysian registered car n keep here as your play car...best of both worlds.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
mona-vie, car price in Malaysia was cheap. But that was even before you were born (I'm assuming you're pretty young?!?). Since then it has never been cheap at all.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Trust me. Its much much better compared to Singapore. Cars cheaper, no stupid 10yrs limit, much cheaper road tax and insurance and petrol!! I love JB petrol!!!

Got NSHW, got Sepang, Pasir Gudang.......

Best of all can mod!! Can change engine!! Its really a heaven for cars!

OK, maybe the only complain I can think of is tolls for NSHW. But then its still better than the money sucker ERP in SG!!
Things would be different if you are working in MY, earn in MYR and buy cars in MY using MYR.

If you are earning in SGD, of course everything in MY are cheap. :rolleyes:

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
the best and perfect statement ever. very good point bro

Things would be different if you are working in MY, earn in MYR and buy cars in MY using MYR.

If you are earning in SGD, of course everything in MY are cheap
. :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Everyone,

I am in search of software I can purchase that will allow me to design a new gear box. I am an engineering student and have always been working on cars and want an entry level or professional grade software application that will help me get a taste or any experience with this type of modification.

I have played with CAD programs but did not see a gears design possibility.

Thanks everyone
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience