Are all brands of tinting films illegal?

bmw_m3

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
jpj this jpj that.. like cari pasal la these ppl..

almost everything we do to our cars need approval, etc. etc. its like wat skywalker said la.. haihx..

bobo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Klang Mali
they got not enough pocket money mer.. so everything need approval then onli they can get extra pocket money mer...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
some jpj officers are misusing their rights to saman people....

jz like last time kastam officers misuse guns distributed to them to counter piracy problem... they shot a teenager vcd seller and ruin his life....

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Slipknot Fanatic said:
Are all brands of tinting films illegal? My mum had to go to the car accessory shop today to remove her car tinting because she was stopped by JPJ roadblock in the morning. She did not tell me the location of the roadblock because she was so damn angry about removing the tints. My mum told me what the JPJ officer had told her "All brands of tinting are illegal and to have your car tinted you must bring a letter from a government approved doctor to bring to JPJ for approval". I did some checking the approval only lasts for a year and must be renewed three months before the date of expiry. When these clowns tested her car for light transmission they used something that photographers use for testing their flash. My family only tinted their cars after hearing the advice that was given by the E.P.A (Environmental Protection Agency).
Hi there, in ur case, there might be two possibilities... first being ur mum maybe might be driving a luxurious car and if let say ur tinted film exceed a certain limit, they might wan some kopi money from u.. secondly is that, maybe u guys actually tinted fully black, that s y the JPJ officer asking u to get an approval letter from doctor in order for u to apply to tint ur windows completely or almost black.. and bear in mind, these need to be re-new annually, preferably three months b4 the licence expiring.. hope it helps mike! cheers! :_:

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
davidchen27 said:
Hi there, in ur case, there might be two possibilities... first being ur mum maybe might be driving a luxurious car and if let say ur tinted film exceed a certain limit, they might wan some kopi money from u.. secondly is that, maybe u guys actually tinted fully black, that s y the JPJ officer asking u to get an approval letter from doctor in order for u to apply to tint ur windows completely or almost black.. and bear in mind, these need to be re-new annually, preferably three months b4 the licence expiring.. hope it helps mike! cheers! :_:
Not using 100% tinting. I guess they just want to trouble people.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Slipknot Fanatic said:
Are all brands of tinting films illegal? My mum had to go to the car accessory shop today to remove her car tinting because she was stopped by JPJ roadblock in the morning. She did not tell me the location of the roadblock because she was so damn angry about removing the tints. My mum told me what the JPJ officer had told her "All brands of tinting are illegal and to have your car tinted you must bring a letter from a government approved doctor to bring to JPJ for approval". I did some checking the approval only lasts for a year and must be renewed three months before the date of expiry. When these clowns tested her car for light transmission they used something that photographers use for testing their flash. My family only tinted their cars after hearing the advice that was given by the E.P.A (Environmental Protection Agency).
I m not sure about others brand but the one I m using is Rikecool according to the spec lay down by JPJ,so in case the Jpj issue saman for tinting the Rikecool company will bear the compound,they will pay on your behalf for all compound incur.:regular_smile:

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Slipknot Fanatic said:
V Kool. It came when she bought the car last year. Now, she plans to fix the same tint again after Raya.
oh really? Impossible le.. i think maybe ur estima originally came with factory slightly black tinted rear window loh.. after which when u tint with v-cool, those stupid officers might have mistaken that u actually tinted black ma.. that;s y they cari pasal loh.. nowadays when u buy JDM specs car either estima, alphard etc from naza, u have a choice to stick to the black tinted rear windows or they are willing to change to the clear type at no cost! :_:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
A lot of tinted film also compliant with JPJ, but when sticked onto certain car screen or window, it become illegal. Probably due to some car's original windows already tinted with coating. Example model: lancer brown color windows for wira, 407 original and etc. I suggest that every shop should have a machine to check before installation. No one will buy illegal or illegally install tinted film.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Slipknot Fanatic said:
V Kool. It came when she bought the car last year. Now, she plans to fix the same tint again after Raya.

usually, the installer will give warranty against any 'potential' problems and even will ensure that the summons will be paid by themselves.... IF u got it from reliable installers laa...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Always install tints at reliable shops, not just any Tom, Dick and Harry accessories shops.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Yeah, all of you are right...

Went to TINT SHOP to enquire about tintings...

Most of the tint carried by TINT SHOP is all summons proof, they will claim it for you...

Went to Rike Cool just now... Same thing too...

Got lotsa good tints around... Huper, V kool, solar guard, rike cool, ecotint...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lately I got interested in old school cars made in 1970s. Thought of starting a thread to discuss about these cars. Can be stories, own experience, discussion, photos or anything related to these old cars.

Let me start with this for the thread. Do you think that it is still possible to find a KE25/TE25/TE27 Corolla Coupe in Malaysia nowadays? Probably TE27 is almost impossible since that one is the highest spec Corolla Levin. Not KE20 2 door, but the coupe version of KE20.

Here is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience