RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Naah no need as it's still the same RON. Additives doesn't make a difference in power and short runs.
If it's 98 then I'll give it a shot (coz this car if in Japan usually consumes 98).
Drive to Singapore and fill up......:rofl::rofl:

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
bringing this topic up back since Petronas will be introducing Ron 97 4M petrol next mth. What will the benefit in terms of performance and engine wise?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As far as I know Euro 4 petrol is cleaner. Low sulphur ppm so is clean running, lower emission. Power wise I don't think any difference.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
What if compare Petrol with 4M and Petrol with additive like Caltex Techron (With The 5 Benefits of Caltex with Techron® : Maximized Power, Better Fuel Economy, Smoother Drive, Lower Emissions, Reliable Performance)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What if compare Petrol with 4M and Petrol with additive like Caltex Techron (With The 5 Benefits of Caltex with Techron® : Maximized Power, Better Fuel Economy, Smoother Drive, Lower Emissions, Reliable Performance)
Euro 4 should be lower emission, unless Caltex also bring in Euro 4 petrol.

Every petrol brand have their own marketing strategy......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
better to environment...only...

iszo can answer? OnG experience....
Octane is the same, lower emissions and cleaner burn. That's all really. It's like VR2Turbo said.

The benefits of Euro4 is generally longer lasting engine parts and catcon. For Diesel it's actually critical because the way it burns is cleaner than our crappy older diesel so Diesel cars get better performance and last longer generally.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Octane is the same, lower emissions and cleaner burn. That's all really. It's like VR2Turbo said.

The benefits of Euro4 is generally longer lasting engine parts and catcon. For Diesel it's actually critical because the way it burns is cleaner than our crappy older diesel so Diesel cars get better performance and last longer generally.
That is why BHP started selling Euro 4 diesel in JB a while back. Malaysian trucks delivering goods to SG have to have clean emission to enter SG....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,i need some suggestion abt l5 engine..i juz install l5 4pston auto engine to my kncil..bt the engine did not respone as what i expected..it only can reach 120/km in 400m like my prvious 850 engine..anyone can help me what shld i do to increase the torque..shld i change to manual trans?:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience