HElp !!! car cooling Problem !!!!

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To all sifu !!! :adore:

can you help me to solve n share my car cooling problem ?

normally all car must take care of the car's expansion tank level !? if less just top-up !

but for my case, my expansion tank have to take care everyday !
coz it is happen last month when i drive at traffic jam time, my car expansion tank totally drop to low level out of high level .... distance that i travel was just 50km only from house to office at LDP area !
but if i drive my car without traffic jam do not have problem !:stupid::stupid::stupid:
beside that, i already service my radiator tank last week, but samething happen at traffic jam time ! but without is ok !!!! what wrong to my cooling system ? can any expert share his knowledge !!!!
workshop foremen already check my car and said the engine gasket still ok .... that the water no blow up from the radiator if the radiator cap was open-out !!:confused:

anyone know this problem ??? currently im driving BT !!!

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Bro I think its your cooling fan, check if its working, if not check the relay and the fan, than the temp sensor, ask a mechanic.
good luck.

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thank bro ( E6XLancer & Ayathu ) for the advice !!!:adore:

anyway ..... izit the the BT can take out the Radiator valve ? coz my car when service the radiator that time already taken out by the machanic ! any problem or effect if taken out the valve ???
coz before service the radiator already got the same problem ,.... then the machanic said my radiator need to service ! but seem like before n after service similar 1 !! n i think after service more worst !!! any suggestion ? thank !!!!!!:burnout:

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think i found the leak already !! it was in the hot A/c pipe there !!!! for japan BT converted 1 ... sure got the heater !!! can i disable the heater ???? any problem if i disable on it ?

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
just remove the heater system, put on rubber cap (2 units) and seal it tight. removing thermostat valve also no issue, only your car will take time to warm up during cold start. & may be a bit effect on your fuel consumption (not really noticeable).

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
I'd normally chuck out the whole heater assembly during the conversion. One less potential problem (ie: the leak you're having) and one less mess in the A/C system. Plus, collect enough copper cores to sell to your local scrap yard for $$! :biggrin:

To further reduce the likelihood of another future leak, plug the pipes from the engine with images.jpeg before capping it with index.jpeg and securing that with View attachment 392628 .

Also, if your thermostat has a problem (jammed), REPLACE IT! Chucking it out is not a solution. It's just a band-aid.

Cheers!

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
just remove the heater system, put on rubber cap (2 units) and seal it tight. removing thermostat valve also no issue, only your car will take time to warm up during cold start. & may be a bit effect on your fuel consumption (not really noticeable).

thank your advice !!!
n now already installed 2 units of the rubber cap !!!! n testing now whether got leak again at any paet or not !!! yes ...... reagarding removed the thermostat really take some time to warm up my car n the fan relay also response very slow compared previously !!! zzz ...... now already asked the mechanic installed back !!! coz the 4AGE handbook are not advisable to remove the thermostat !!!

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

I'd normally chuck out the whole heater assembly during the conversion. One less potential problem (ie: the leak you're having) and one less mess in the A/C system. Plus, collect enough copper cores to sell to your local scrap yard for $$! :biggrin:

To further reduce the likelihood of another future leak, plug the pipes from the engine with View attachment 392624 before capping it with View attachment 392627 and securing that with View attachment 392628 .

Also, if your thermostat has a problem (jammed), REPLACE IT! Chucking it out is not a solution. It's just a band-aid.

Cheers!
thank advise !!! ....
i already installed the rubber cap !!! but izit expensive thing >? coz the foremen charged me about RM9 pre unit !!!! izit a reasonable price in market ???? felt like kena potong by them already !? :stupid:

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I still keep my heater. I works well if i have flu or if the weather is too cold once in the blue moon :biggrin:
haha ,,,,, correct also !!! but sadly the foremen said it is take quite expensive to repair it coz there have to remove the heater coil n check !!! n also take sometime to check !!!! then i just ignore it !!! zzz ...............

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
RM9 for the cap alone is waaaaaaaaay too much. Those things are just a few shillings from the spare parts/hardware store...if it was inclusive of labor, then it's fine..

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to all sifu,

as mention this forum above, i still happen this issue by today after 2 week continuous well testing when i removed the leaked heater pipes .... but today when i driving for an hour traffic jam and i checked the expansion tank .... it suddenly got no water inside, somemore the radiator have to filled up some water ?! :stupid:
1) izit my cooling fan already got problem, coz last time 4man added relay to boost up the
fan speed !!?? seem the fan speed weak compare to other car !
2) do i need any overhaul for my engine bay ??!!
3) do i need to change aluminum radiator ? or change radiator cap to 1.1 bar ?

conclusion for my car condition : normal n speedy driving, no any water drop from expansion
tank
traffic jam ( more than an hour ) water level drop fast from
expansion tank

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Hi, I'm no sifu but i've experienced this before...

My radiator fan motor kong one day in the jam, so i bought a halfcut fan (newer model) and fitted it in. Soon after I started to experience what you're going through and many said to check if there's oil in the radiator/water.. so I did. My water didn't have oil or even a layer of oil in it but the level kept dropping when i'm stuck in a jam. After months of figuring out what's wrong, I decided to replace my top head gasket and woalah!! It was the gasket that tore/was burnt slightly when my fan motor kong.. 2 years later my ride still doesn't have a problem with "missing" water anymore..

Hope this helps.

Btw, add relay to boost the fan? Don't mind me asking for what? Wires for fan is DC current and should be more than sufficient for a fan bro. Is your fan on all the time? Why don't you take some pics of your the right side of engine bay so we can see the "boosted wiring" to try and help... also a pic of your a/d compressor from the top.

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I'm no sifu but i've experienced this before...

My radiator fan motor kong one day in the jam, so i bought a halfcut fan (newer model) and fitted it in. Soon after I started to experience what you're going through and many said to check if there's oil in the radiator/water.. so I did. My water didn't have oil or even a layer of oil in it but the level kept dropping when i'm stuck in a jam. After months of figuring out what's wrong, I decided to replace my top head gasket and woalah!! It was the gasket that tore/was burnt slightly when my fan motor kong.. 2 years later my ride still doesn't have a problem with "missing" water anymore..

Hope this helps.

Btw, add relay to boost the fan? Don't mind me asking for what? Wires for fan is DC current and should be more than sufficient for a fan bro. Is your fan on all the time? Why don't you take some pics of your the right side of engine bay so we can see the "boosted wiring" to try and help... also a pic of your a/d compressor from the top.
thanks ... from sharing your experience bro !!!!
top head gasket meaning the 1 likely the rubber surrounding the under BT head izit ?
that 1 i already changed few week ago !!! but what about woalah mean ?
actually my fan not all the time running ... it depend on water temp sensor, but the relay usage maybe to boost up current to the fan seem the foremen check with connected ground to the fan -ve the the fan speed boost up ! the picture i will post it soon ... hopefully someone can help me to solve this problem that i already to spent few thousand to check this n that ... sadly !!!

beside that , how fast n what level that your car drop when facing the problem ?
my case ..... expansion tank level drop finished .... n radiator need to top-up 500ml water !!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask if powerzone does porting for the intake-manifold for Waja 1.6???
if yes, how much will it cost?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience