[Proton Putra Collective] A Princely Alliance..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
anyway any putra collective member driving a 4g93T engine?need some info.wanna dump in one into my bay.Oh how i missed driving a turbo.haha

karem

Not Seniorita
Jun 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
oooo help help

hi everyone...
recently got my putra!!!
quite a few things need to change/service.

recently just done:
1. change engine oil 10w-40 <--- ok ah stock engine
2. change alternator & compressor belt
3. sparks (of course)
4. tyres yoko advan A008E 21550ZR15

need to ask a q here.

I have a putra currently with 1 side front absorber not feeling well, resulting hit fender on bumps. Suspect that driver side absorber is damaged. After doing item (4) the thing has become more obvious, so curi my cousin's sport spring ayam brand. Ride height is just nice for left side (1.7 fingers), but somehow right side still kena mr fender.
So got this SGTI standard absorber (KYB) to replace the current ones, but want to use back the same ayam brand spring. Would that be a problem coz SGTI's absorber is shorter or something?

thanks in advan.
karem

Last edited:

aquila

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
SA
anyway any putra collective member driving a 4g93T engine?need some info.wanna dump in one into my bay.Oh how i missed driving a turbo.haha
If you logged onto the Putra Collective Proboards Forum, you will be able to get more infos and answers there. There are a handfull of members having a 4G93T under their hoods.

Putra Collective - Login

Register first and asked to be approved here.

Cheerioz...

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
Thanks Andrew for the info.At one time i was considering doing my ride in white but i figured i wouldnt hv time to wash if often.haha.well how often u guys hv TT?sorry i hv not got time to send the pix of my car yet.
we held our TT session every friday..location most probaly PJ area but we'll shift location once in a while when most of us bored of the places..white car is kindda hard to maintan but it looks nice..gotta wash every twice a week..a slight scratch or dent is very noticable..just got my bumper spray and it's now scratch again..:emoticon_U:

p/s: u could register yourself 1st and maybe fill in the forms later..try pm'ed "canken2" so that he'll approved ur id in proboards..cheers*

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
plenty of members here has a 4g93T, u could look for a few members for advise..so far i can only remember 2 of them (1st person chong82 & 2nd person Andrew)..but i recon them hardly online in Zth but active in proboards le..:regular_smile:

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
hi everyone...
recently got my putra!!!

recently just done:
3. sparks (of course)

need to ask a q here.

I have a putra currently with 1 side front absorber not feeling well, resulting hit fender on bumps. Suspect that driver side absorber is damaged. After doing item (4) the thing has become more obvious, so curi my cousin's sport spring ayam brand. Ride height is just nice for left side (1.7 fingers), but somehow right side still kena mr fender.
So got this SGTI standard absorber (KYB) to replace the current ones, but want to use back the same ayam brand spring. Would that be a problem coz SGTI's absorber is shorter or something?

thanks in advan.
karem
i dont quite get ur msg here karem..u were saying that ur passenger side absorber isnt in a good condition but the driver side wheels are hitting on the fenders?
would like to know what springs ur currently running on and what's your planing?
ie. kyb + spring ayam -----> sgti ori abs + spring ayam ?
i'm not sure whether sgti abs same with putra or not..maybe some seniors here could help..register urself at proboards so others member could help u better..cheers*

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
hi everyone...
recently got my putra!!!

recently just done:
3. sparks (of course)

need to ask a q here.

thanks in advan.
karem
have u checked the ride height with you sitting inthe car? possible driver too heavy ;)

the other problem i suspect is tire width too big if you got it correctly
215/50/15 is very wide. do u mean tires hitting the fenders?

to rule our suspension problem fit in a set of stock standard tires with correct offset rims. any good tire shop should be able to loan you one to try out.

Last edited:

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
215?? didnt notice that earlier canken..lol..i just realise our's was only 205/45/16..definatly too wide bro..mine also got no gap left..maybe by few "mm" only by max..unless needed knocking to be done to fenders..i wonder how the back wheels look like? hehe..u can notice the gab left on my signature..sigh*

karem

Not Seniorita
Jun 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
Absorber problemo

Hi guys...
thanks for the feedback canken & andrew bro...

I have reconsulted a few mechs.. definitely the tyres are bit too wide for the arches since it's lowered to 1 finger stance.

Absorbers according to 2 mechs & 1 tyre shop fella should be in working condition.
Absorbers are stock putra's, while rears are BRS, stock abs converted to adjustable (i just found out this from the Infinity mech).

According to him the chassis we are using does have this kind of error where the driver side is slightly lower than the passanger side, so the permanent solution is coil-overs. This statement is agreed by the tyre shop fella, saying that it's quite common, but does not accept it as the chasiss's trait. Anyone ever heard of it?

So until I get my budget correct, I'll guess just get a less wider tyres for now, and camber 1 inch for front. Any comments?

BTW: Andrew bro, I saw a white putra few nights back in Seri Petaling (2 locations) .... Mirasaa mamak restaurant & a home you park on the corner. Had black front hood. Is that you?

Last edited:

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
yup..that's my friends house..that time he invited me for open house session and gambling hehe but i'm cant really comfirm is that u saw la..anyway my car bonnet is black at the moment..regarding the abs & coilovers i nvr heard before to be frank but i dont think most of our cars are tilting on 1 side bro..y not join us this friday for TT so u see others member car whether is it tilting like ur case bro..cheers*

karem

Not Seniorita
Jun 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
putralalala.blogspot.com
TT

thanks for the invitation!

about the tilting, dunno laa... maybe a myth.
I believe many has seen or known the car, since there's a putraclub sticker on the windscreen, so i suspect it is within some's knowledge.
I might join the TT, if time permits. what time & where??

nuno

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
greetings all bros here,
i hope this is right place to get ur attention
already posted in looking for thread but i doubt anyone will reply or look for it
cut the long story short,
im looking for ori putra front lips,anybody want to sell please let me know
mine was pu seriously looking for ori for my putra
hopefully u can pm or sms me at 012 2693094 or else u can leave ur contact number so that i can call u

btw,mr presidento,i already registered at putra collective forum, but my account was suspended,how can i get it back?or i have to join for tt?

tamz18

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
em... hi nuno...

u registered but might not approve.

Putra Proboard: For those who has yet to register with us, your account will be disabled, please mail to [email protected]

u r welcome to tt also
^.^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The term ‘little car, big engine’ has never rung truer with this ultimate sleeper 1980 Toyota Corolla TE71 that has ditched its puny single cam four-banger for some pure American muscle that could rip the chassis apart.

Sitting in the engine bay is a 7.4-liter big block Chevy V8 lump that sends power to the rear wheels...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience