Putra Mileage and Trip Meter Malfunctioning

Oct 4, 2011
Selangor
Hi guys,

I've just recently purchased a 97' Putra, and have fixed a couple of things already. One thing I realised is that the mileage and trip meter has stopped functioning. Wouldn't move, and sometimes will go haywire moving.

As I'm new to the car mod/repair/fix scene, I'm not too sure what I can do. Would anyone give their thoughts on this?

Some of my friends have said to just get a lancer meter to fit it in, but I've also heard that it might not fit in and work on the Putra, and would require some modifications/wiring.

Would anyone share their thoughts on this matter with me?

Thanks so much in advance.

ruifayz

Feb 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Probably u have to change the meter panel which u can buy at spare part shops.

Anyways, what have u repaired/changed/ mod on your ride?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi guys,

I've just recently purchased a 97' Putra, and have fixed a couple of things already. One thing I realised is that the mileage and trip meter has stopped functioning. Wouldn't move, and sometimes will go haywire moving.

As I'm new to the car mod/repair/fix scene, I'm not too sure what I can do. Would anyone give their thoughts on this?

Some of my friends have said to just get a lancer meter to fit it in, but I've also heard that it might not fit in and work on the Putra, and would require some modifications/wiring.

Would anyone share their thoughts on this matter with me?

Thanks so much in advance.
Im having the same problem on my dads satria also :banghead: .

nelsonwck

Oct 4, 2011
Selangor
Is it that I can only replace it with another Putra meter panel? Because I think it's quite impossible to find now.

So far I've just done repairs: clutch, gasket, battery, servicing, timing belt, tyres, rims, suspension mounting, etc.

Speedometer is actually working, just the mileage and trip meter not working. Would it be the speedometer cable? I'm not too sure.

Anyways, would it be okay to fit the lancer meter onto the putra?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know any difference between straight-out pipes and pipes with box?
straight-out pipes will be more noisy? or eatin more petrol?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience