RON95 : Feedbacks

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
i'm using ESSO,now esso using 95....asshole!

shell still got 97?i think i have to switch back to shell on next pump...but shell 97 will stay permenantly?

so in future no more V-power?sorry,noob here...

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
tomolo will be huge jam at petrol station which got 97..

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
last nite going up genting with RON 95 really feel under power only option need to step the gas paddle at max....
dint feel knocking or some things like that just feel under power.....

for normal hill road like genting ~ bentong power respond still ok... i think is the smooth road
but
when in the genting hill road power start to drop... then continue push to maintain the rev on the med and high side to gain back to speed...

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
Yesterday finally finish my last drop of RON95 and chg back to 97, accidentally pump it a week ago. Although last few days govern spoke person keep "selling" ron95 as good as gold, but for me my car totally no pick up and no "kick" when accelerate at full. I did not notice any knocking sounds then.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Yesterday my wife ask me to speed up to hospital... can feel the sluggish power as i was on the same road, but this time with Caltex RON95...

I think the G want to make easy money by selling cheap oil (to them) but sell us the the normal price.

We already sell our best oil to the other country outside, then the G buy and provide us with lower quality petrol..now force us to buy RON95....

What more could be?

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Some reviews from my side,

Accidentally filled Ron95 (Petronas) into Myvi auto last week. Didn't really felt much difference at first cos after filling in then just go back home less than 2km away.
On the following day, driving on my daily route to work, felt the car was slightly underpowered.
Didn't really felt much cos smooth traffic. Only cruise. Was thinking its only psychologically under powered.
Coming back from work was when I noticed. Overtaking is almost impossible.
And after reading more feedbacks from auto transmission users, it cleared my doubts.
Seriously, I had to floor the pedal for it to downshift from over drive to 3rd gear. Never had to do that before this. Engine sounds more rough but no knocking though. Thought the exhaust was leaking but really doubt it as its only 5months old.

Just a few minutes ago, just remembered that Ron97 will go up in price and hurried to fill the cars with Ron97 up till the brim (hehehe kiasuisme to the max).
Drove my dad's Iswara and felt the engine idles like shite and jerking (something like spark plug failure) didnt bother at first. Surprisingly, power wise it didnt drop by much. Prolly manual transmission can't feel much. Called my dad and he said he filled Ron95. So went to the station and filled with ron97 and on the way back, revved the car high about 5-6krpm on free gear...bloody big puff of black smoke comes out of the exhaust. kept revving until becomes less. and now the car feels smoother. Its an old car anyways, cant expect it to be as smooth as new car but at least it doesn't jerk anymore.

Well, we cant avoid this cos our country is ruled by donkeys.
So next election, please be smart!

How about we give feed back on which Ron95 is the best? I've tried Petronas and its definitely a NO-NO. Same goes for Shell but power wise drop by a little but not as bad as Petronas.
Anymore reviews? Anyone tried BHP 2x "something"?

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
damnit, no wonder I'm feeling that my car an old saga had some problem or what, so sluggish, this morning multiple crank to start, no pickup so have to step on it so high FC lorrr
the thing thats bugger me is the gov super daikor aka Minister the "master engineer" claims ron95 is OK...crap !

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
We already sell our best oil to the other country outside, then the G buy and provide us with lower quality petrol..now force us to buy RON95....

What more could be?
yeah... petronas exports light sweet crude but imports the lowest grade fuel (Euro 1 std) so we apart from paying fir a proton car that is 20 years old in technology, we are also paying 'premium' price for the lowest grade of oil. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
any1 here ever calculated the mileage when pumping the 95..??
fuck la... when 97, my old racks able to gets 13km++/liter, when using 95 once, just once... can't even hits the 12km/L... wat the hell....

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
my experience. Wifey pump Primax95 cos you know la, woman... I don't know she pump it till this morning when i use her car, no pickup, sluggish, engine knocking and very hard to go faster then 80 km/h....then ask her you pump ron95 ka?

she just nod her head....

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
my experience. Wifey pump Primax95 cos you know la, woman... I don't know she pump it till this morning when i use her car, no pickup, sluggish, engine knocking and very hard to go faster then 80 km/h....then ask her you pump ron95 ka?

she just nod her head....
may i know what car your wife driving?

Hikaru33

May 4, 2009
For me the worst part is last night whilst trying to buy my last thanks of RON97 at the price of RM1.80, I pulled over to the shell station along Jalan Kuching, near batu caves roundabout. When i pulled open my fuel cover and unscrewed the fuel cap, I inserted my credit card to the card reader. Then I proceeded as usual to pull the card out and tried to pump fuel in to my car. Then I realised its not pumping....I checked again seems like my card was not accepted. So tried again.....and it was rejected straight away....shit, then i asked the attendant what's going on? He then motioned me to the counter saying that the line is down.

It then dawned on me that the same thing happened when the fuel prices shot up to 2.70 and i told the fellow that the line is not down but shell refuse to accept credit card.....I was like WTF.....I got so fed up that i left the place without putting any fuel in. i tried another shell along Jln Ipoh and whilst i didn't get down to try, i was observing others inserting their credit card and got rejected too.....Fed up again, I went to BHP, my least favourite brand and they accepted my credit card happily....

I swear man.....Shell is so contrived to make money out of us, like me a loyal customer at times when the petrol is killing.....Damn......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i take off side fender kancil is it got 2 nuts?
then after removing got lots wires or not from it cause side have signal.

reason want to knock back fender dent . thanks gang
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience