Need solution - Persona 17" rim sangkut!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
dun wori bro!
its ok to use 205/40R17.
those gen2 majority using tis size.
cheers!

dun wori bro!
its ok to use 205/40R17.
those gen2 majority using tis size.
cheers!

really r bro...?
one more thing, my rims width is 7 and half inch, gen2 guys said 215 will sangkut on the inside so is that mean if the rims half a inch wider the rims itself will sangkut too:banghead:...what do u think kaycee?

im not sure about dat! gonna try then only know. but 215/45R17 tyre itsef would touch da rear mudguard.

Once the plastic panel in the wheel arch rubbed off,the "noise" should also go away...Heheh!
The rim offset is wrong causing the wheels to rub against the balck fender plastic..if possible use 205/45/17 tires or 215/40/17...max width is 7.5 for our Gen2 rims...use R3 springs for money well spent:smokin:

Once the plastic panel in the wheel arch rubbed off,the "noise" should also go away...Heheh!
The rim offset is wrong causing the wheels to rub against the balck fender plastic..if possible use 205/45/17 tires or 215/40/17...max width is 7.5 for our Gen2 rims...use R3 springs for money well spent:smokin:

205/40 should be ok right?
do i have to take out the plactic panel when im fitted 205/40 with 7.5" width rims?:hmmmm:
just to make it clear for me...:smokin:

205/40 with 7.5 should be ok..all depends on yr rims offset..Gen2 oem is +42 if i'm not mistaken...:smokin:

my rim width is 8" but im not sure about its offset as there is no sticker or label on the rim.
any1 here know how 2 measure its offset?
8" width best fit with 205 or 215 tyre? :hmmmm:

any comment?

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpg
    IMG_4882.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,537
  • IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
:wavey: hi guys, im new here. just fitted 215/45/17 to my persona but havent lower it yet. plan to do so. any suggestion whether to change spring or go for adjustable? some people say can use Eibach Pro Kit, cost around RM800 and use with OEM suspension. any pro and cons? :confused:

Bump: :wavey: hi guys, im new here. just fitted 215/45/17 to my persona but havent lower it yet. plan to do so. any suggestion whether to change spring or go for adjustable? some people say can use Eibach Pro Kit, cost around RM800 and use with OEM suspension. any pro and cons? :confused:

Bump: :wavey: hi guys, im new here. just fitted 215/45/17 to my persona but havent lower it yet. plan to do so. any suggestion whether to change spring or go for adjustable? some people say can use Eibach Pro Kit, cost around RM800 and use with OEM suspension. any pro and cons? :confused:

hi bro! ur rear tires got sangkut on mudguard or body or not?

:wavey: hi guys, im new here. just fitted 215/45/17 to my persona but havent lower it yet. plan to do so. any suggestion whether to change spring or go for adjustable? some people say can use Eibach Pro Kit, cost around RM800 and use with OEM suspension. any pro and cons? :confused:

Bump: ic... wat offset is best suit for persona if using 215/45R17? any idea bro?

205/40 with 7.5 should be ok..all depends on yr rims offset..Gen2 oem is +42 if i'm not mistaken...:smokin:

have try 205/R16/50, 205/R16/45, 205/R17/40 & 215/R17/45. For me, the best for look and perf, is 205/R16/45 (currently used). Last time, used 205/R17/40, look superb and pick up not bad (still can spin tyre in 2nd gear) but bad for suspension parts (bengkok both camber screw..... hehehe)

215/R17/45---> so lembab like kura2 (plus sangkut at rear)

No can do to ketuk2 at rear as, it'll touch the rear bumper (saw one that cut all the bumper, ok la, but dangerous to tires)

lowetGAB.jpg

Last edited:
bro.. newbie here..

u got nice car there :biggrin:

just got my persona b4 raya.. so far ok.. wanna ask about rims la.. if im going for 16", do i have to do my absorber & spring as well? if possible dun want to change my absorber and watnot because of the warranty but still want to get a great look like ur car :biggrin:

have try 205/R16/50, 205/R16/45, 205/R17/40 & 215/R17/45. For me, the best for look and perf, is 205/R16/45 (currently used). Last time, used 205/R17/40, look superb and pick up not bad (still can spin tyre in 2nd gear) but bad for suspension parts (bengkok both camber screw..... hehehe)

215/R17/45---> so lembab like kura2 (plus sangkut at rear)

No can do to ketuk2 at rear as, it'll touch the rear bumper (saw one that cut all the bumper, ok la, but dangerous to tires)

lowetGAB.jpg

Nice rims/color combo man :proud:

just my 2cents..

for persona.. the right tyre size should be fitted 205/40/17 if you wanna use 17" rim.. however.. due to low profile tyres n large wheel diameter.. pick up is reduced and comfort is compromised on rough roads..

to lower the ride with 17" wheels.. there are options from springs to adjustable.. if the rear wheels is scraping the fenders.. it is best to suit a suitable off set wheel or.. have the inner part bented, coz ususally it will happen to lowered rides..

i'm also using 17" sport rims (not sure the offset though) with 205/45/17 tyres.
only sangkut while taking corner at high speed with 5 people inside (those 3 at the back are heavyweight >70kg per person :biggrin:) & full load of the car's boot (balik kampung maa hehe).
btw, i'm using adjustable suspension.

im now changed to 205/45R17, solved the prob edy...
no more sangkut on rear body when my car loaded with 5pax included me, average weight around 65kg/pax.

im using stock suspension.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_8478.jpg
    IMG_8478.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6,017
Hi kaycee,

Newbie here. 205/45R17, solved the problem. Looking at it it just nice. How many inch between the tyre or how many fingers can go through the space between the tyre and the body?

Going through bump, no problem ar with 3 people at the back?

Planning to change mine to 17 as well but not sure wanna go for 205/45R17,or 205/40R17. Afraid 205/40R17 not so good to the rim as you know our beautiful roads..
:)

Top Bottom