Professional Headlight Projectors Retrofits Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exterior and Body

Professional Headlight Projectors Retrofits Solution

jolipoli81

Aug 6, 2009
Penang
NOTE: I can always sell you a cheaper projector but you'll have to live with the rather poor or decent at best quality. The projectors I'm selling here are inspected and tested (i.e. solenoid are tested to ensure to stuck shields). You may come across some rather cheap and similar looking projectors out there with lower grade quality. I do sell those projectors too, mainly the Mini H1 projectors, if you do insist on getting those, please do not complaint about the quality late on :(

Projectors facts:
As some of you might already know, these headlight projectors are design to fit HID bulbs. Unlike those halogen projectors (mainly found on Proton Waja, Satria Neo & the newer Perodua Myvi), these HID projectors does not only produce the right amount of light, it also eliminates the unnecessary glaring on the oncoming traffic by having a perfectly clean cut-off pattern.

Thinking of just buying a plug-n-play HID kit and installed it in your typical reflector headlight? Think again.
Those reflector headlight are design for normal halogen bulbs and when installed with a HID bulbs, it spreads the light unevenly and not producing the right amount of light like those projectors that are design to focus those light and distribute them uniformly.

HID projectors however, does just the exact opposite. It produces brighter, more uniform, longer range light output and also not to forget, not glaring, thus less JPJ annoyance. :)

HeadlightRetrofits.com was created to provide an in depth information resource open to anyone interested in high performance headlights & the world of HID Projector Retrofits. Lighting that correctly & properly illuminates the road in front of you in a crisp and clear manner, without blinding oncoming drivers or creating obnoxious glare, is priceless.

Here you’ll find a large ever-growing database of information regarding nearly every aspect of what goes into an HID Projector Headlight Retrofit. The most common components, products and industry terms are all laid out with explanations, uses & example images. Please contact us should you feel any information is incorrect, missing or if you have questions.

H. I. D. stands for High Intensity Discharge. An HID Retrofit, projector Retrofit, headlight Retrofit or Retrofitting is the fabrication & installation of high performance HID projector components into a halogen headlight. Special care is taken during the component’s installation to ensure proper beam pattern & rotational alignment. This is why paying for professional retrofit services is well worth it.led retro hlr home 1 Home

An HID Retrofit is an absolutely great upgrade for nearly any vehicle; even ones that already come with a factory/OEM HID setup. Often times an HID projector retrofit will outperform OEM HID equipped vehicles. A few examples include BMW, Audi, Mercedes & Land Rover.

Please note: An HID Projector Retrofit is NOT a “Plug-and-Play” HID Kit as often sold on the market today. It’s a much greater component lighting system that is explained in detail throughout this site.

Quoted from headlightretrofits.com

Left: Douchebag | Right: Professional

Why you should NEVER use HID on a reflector housing
[YOUTUBE]p9gQvzOLog[/YOUTUBE]
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-exteri...-out-there.html

Facebook: DKLights

1. Ultimate Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projector 2.5" New improved version

Click here for more in-depth look on the Ultimate Mini H1

Famous for its compact size and easy installation on certain headlight housing.
These Mini H1 projector is popular due to its light output performance and required effortless work on retrofits.
This is the improved version of the normal generic Mini H1, giving brighter light output and also a more focused hotspot below of cutoff line.

Price:
Old price RM300 NOW RM300

What's in the box:
1 pair of Ultimate Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Right-Hand-Drive
H4 and H7 lock rings and rubber rings

Bulb type:
H1

Dimensions:
Depth: 136mm
Width: 87mm
Height: 70mm
Lens Diameter (inches): 2.5"

Installation difficulties:
H4 & H7 - Easy plug-n-play
H1, H8, H9, H10, H11, H13, 9005, 9006, 9007 and others - Minor cut and drill required

Warranty:
12 months

2. FX-R Bi-Xenon Projectors 2.5" & 3.0"

No doubt this is one of the best projectors out there. The light output is sharp, uniformly distributed and also gives clean cut-off lines.
Out in the dark, these projector will amaze everyone on the road. The clear lens and clean cut-off shield is a wonder whenever you switch on your headlights in the dark. It produces one of the sharpest cut-off lines and also gives the best flickering cut-off lines(those purple/blue tint you typically see on a BMW, Merc or Prius)

Price:
RM450

What's in the box:
1 pair of FX-R Bi-Xenon Projectors Right-Hand-Drive

Bulb type:
D2S

Dimensions:
Depth (2.5"): 140mm (5.50" in)
Depth (3.0"): 155mm (6.10" in)
Width: 112mm (4.35 in)
Height: 95mm (3.75 in)
Lens Diameter(inches): 2.5" or 3.0"

Installation difficulties:
For most headlights - Cut and drill involve

Warranty:
12 months

3. Grade A 4300k H1 35w HID kit

Price:
RM130

Warranty:
3 months

4. Grade A 4300k H1 55w HID kit

Price:
RM180

Warranty:
3 months
5. Genuine Philips 85122+ D2S bulb (Not fake stuffs) Comes with factory packaging to save freight cost

Price:
RM400

Warranty:
6 months
Dealing Method:
COD at Penang
Free postage within Malaysia

Contact number:
016-441 8989

Payment details:
CIMB account: 07370006958528
MayBank account: 157045506952
Name: Khoo Kah Keat
Email: [email protected]
How to retrofit projector into a reflector housing:
[YOUTUBE]b4ZUZbfC9Ik[/YOUTUBE]

Frequently asked questions:
1. Q. Which is the best projector to install in my car?
A. Well, it really depends on your headlight housing size and also your budget. The FXR is a better projector overall, however the size is much larger and bulb used (D2S) is much more expensive. The Ultimate Mini H1 on the other hand provides and easier installation process and requires less cut and trim to your headlight housing. It cost less too but still provides an amazingly good light output.

2. Q. Can I use back my own HID kit?
A. Yes of course, provided that you have the right bulb type for that particular projectors you are going for. For instance, the Ultimate Mini H1, like it's name says, uses a HID H1 bulbs. Note that these projectors do not take halogen bulbs because it is designed to only take HID bulbs.

3. Q. How long does it take to retrofit my headlights?
A. It totally depends on your headlights, car model and projectors used. If your headlights takes either H4 or H7 bulbs, the Ultimate Mini H1 is a much easier and faster job compare to other projectors.
Some cars requires to remove the whole bumper and some don't, sometimes old cars with bad wiring and connections might delay the process due to the need of rewiring. There might be more unforseen circumstances too. But typically it takes anywhere between 4-8 hours. We've come across a project that takes us as long as 12 hours but that is a rare case.

4. Q. My car headlight comes with a halogen projectors, can I retrofit your HID projectors in to my car headlights?
A. Cars with projectors requires more time and effort to retrofit. This is because a custom metal bracket is needed in order to fit in the new projectors and to ensure alignments of the light are horizontally straight. Dismantling a headlight that comes with projectors also takes some effort and time due to it's extra and complicated mechanism, but it can be done.

5. Q. Will I get stopped by JPJ or any other traffic officers if I install these projectors?
A. That is a very subjective questions as it totally depends on the mood of the officers. So far we've yet to get any issues from the authorities, so does my customers. Usually officers will only stop those with plug and play HID kit into their halogen headlights which gives a blindingly bright output and dangerously affects motorist. The projectors we installed have a very sharp cut-off, meaning lights are only shine towards the roads and there will be no excessive lights above the cut-off line. We will properly aligned the light output so that it is horizontal straight and also ensure it does not uncomfortably blind other motorists.

Retrofits:
Proton Wira depo Crystal headlight with Ultimate Mini H1 Mini gatling shroud 4300k 35w

Customer's Projects:

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=67801429

Installation is not included in those price, but can be arrange if requested.

Installation are done in Penang only, if you're keen, you can send me your headlights. Postage for the headlights at your cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since the C-Class's launch in 2007, the car has undergone a facelift treatment. The old CLC class has been slowly phased out and being replaced by the all new C-Class coupe. Since the introduction of the coupe, these boys on AMG were getting impatient to let loose their C63 AMG Coupe variant. Check out this V8 fire-breathing dragon on video. The V8 growl is so awesome that it would just wet your pants...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience