The Best Solution for Comfortable Ride with Minimal Body Roll

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Please suggest the best solution for a comfortable ride with minimal body roll. At the same time, also to keep car from sinking too much when heavy loaded with passengers. What is the way to go for the best of both world?

All I can think of is either:
1. softer spring + thicker anti roll bar
2. hi-lo soft-hard adjustables
3. progressive spring
Which one? Or any other way?

Currently my car is running on hi-lo adjustables and I don't really like the characteristics. It is quite bumpy at the rear but if fully loaded the rear is just nice. The front is ok but not as firm as I expect it to be when driving hard. I neither know the brand nor the spring rates.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I maintain stock springs + performance abs, comfort level acceptable. Handling so so only. but better than stock.
I guess just add on stabilizers bars and stiff rings will be just nice to enjoy the goodness of both worlds :smile:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I maintain stock springs + performance abs, comfort level acceptable. Handling so so only. but better than stock.
I guess just add on stabilizers bars and stiff rings will be just nice to enjoy the goodness of both worlds :smile:
i agree with supra fanatics.. more or less

but 'comfortable' to u doesn't mean its comfortable to me.. it's unique to individual..

i'm using lowered spring & stock abs.. comfortable to me

he's using stock spring & performance abs.. comfortable to him..

long story short, suspension setup u must try and error to get to ur preference comfortable level

most people just get fully adjustable (hi lo soft hard) then set it to their preference

and anti-roll bar is a must :biggrin:

Gudluck :burnout:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I was thinking of fully adjustable too but a new set will cost a bomb right?

cvkit17, I have no idea of what brand is my adjustable, I bought the car with the abs on, no more wording on the abs. It is in red colour.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This one must ask TitanRev to recommend adi :rofl:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
How much spring rate is depend on car weight, even adjustable can be soft with low spring rate. U wan comfort go for no.1.

They can take out n test how much spring u at. Or just go for those titan adjustable which let u setup spring rate till u satisfy.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check your rear spring rate and choose 1 step softer spring at rear...

while at the same time install thicker anti-roll bar...

atleast this is my opinion if u don't want to spend more money on experimenting on whole new suspension setup(new springs and absorber sets) ..

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

check your rear spring rate and choose 1 step softer spring at rear...

while at the same time install thicker anti-roll bar...

atleast this is my opinion if u don't want to spend more money on experimenting on whole new suspension setup(new springs and absorber sets) ..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Please suggest the best solution for a comfortable ride with minimal body roll. At the same time, also to keep car from sinking too much when heavy loaded with passengers. What is the way to go for the best of both world?

All I can think of is either:
1. softer spring + thicker anti roll bar
2. hi-lo soft-hard adjustables
3. progressive spring
Which one? Or any other way?

Currently my car is running on hi-lo adjustables and I don't really like the characteristics. It is quite bumpy at the rear but if fully loaded the rear is just nice. The front is ok but not as firm as I expect it to be when driving hard. I neither know the brand nor the spring rates.
If you can find such a suspension please let me know. :biggrin:

Theoratically though, I do have a recommendation. Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni FSD. The Koni FSD has a dual valve setup which is soft when not under pressure, but stiffens when it is compressed (ie-hard cornering). Comfort and low body roll when you need it. Eibach isn't too hard either and lowers just nice.

If you need further hardening, what I've found effective in my own Wira is supremely thicker front ARB (I went from 20mm to 22mm and the difference was astounding) and thicker rear ARB (mine from stock 16mm to 19mm). Prepare to understeer a bit when pressured though.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
YYC...sounds like u looking for the perfect suspension setup. comfortable for cruising while hard enough for a spirited drive...

i think you'll need progressive springs with active damping and thick antiroll bars. i know tein has active damping but is not realtime adjustment. u can only set soft or hard from yr cockpit but it cant be set independently for each shock.

i drool for something like those super car's active damping system. one way to have a comfy ride while still having rock solid handling.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Although this is a completely pointless thing to mention, I wanna say it anyway. Bose (the sound system company!) made a protoype magnetic suspension absorber similar to the magneto-thingy Audi uses in their higher range cars.

Active suspension ftw!

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Maybe u can try on OEM spring + spring buffer(a.k.a. spring cushion) with heavy duty abs. I'm tried before, quite satisfied!:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Does, those foam thing under the carriage help in car handling? Heard from a mech told me, it helps improves handling and
more quiet ride...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Although this is a completely pointless thing to mention, I wanna say it anyway. Bose (the sound system company!) made a protoype magnetic suspension absorber similar to the magneto-thingy Audi uses in their higher range cars.

Active suspension ftw!
This stuff :
Magnetorheological fluid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So high tech I can't even pronounce it yo!

Newer Ferraris use them as well.

Does, those foam thing under the carriage help in car handling? Heard from a mech told me, it helps improves handling and
more quiet ride...
From what I've read, it makes the chassis sturdier when it hardens (= better handling) and also provide better sound insulation (= less noise). It's also pretty light so no weight penalty.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its rather hard to describe this car. But imagine this, you walk into a used car lot having only 1 thought to buy a white Honda City that is within your budget, this one was there, without thinking too much you buy the car. After coming home with the car, you start to realize there is lots of stains, lots of dirt, different tone on the white, swirls everywhere. Now you feel the <Buyer Remorse...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience