Recommendation for tuner workshop in Penang Island

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Its in the sungai ara area. Opposite the Sekolah Menengah Sungai Ara main road, take a right turn at the traffic light, go straight, take a left turn, go straight...you should be able to see the workshop on your right (one of the shotlots). I have actually pass thru it quite a number of times, just didn't know its recommended by the forum folks here.
ohh thanks... will give them a visit...

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
there's no such thing is cheap and reliable in tuning car bro~ onli reasonable and reliable. So far from al my friend's car which came out from Northern Garage, their car all seem nicely tuned and i didn't hear any blabbing on extensive charging.

BadBoyBen

Oct 2, 2006
I'll second that opinion.

Nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good - and everyone should be doubly aware of this when increasing the performance of their vehicles.

BadBoyBen

Oct 2, 2006
I sent my car for servicing yesterday at Northern Garage and the owner personally changed my engine oil and gearbox oil. Tip top job and very careful with the details and also helped check other parts of my car for problems.

Labor charge? Only RM45 - so for those who think that a reputable workshop must charge expensive prices, think again.

While I was there 2 Protons were doing dyno runs so for those who think Northern Garage only does high powered perfirmance cars, think again.

:thefinger:

talam_buruk

Known Member
Feb 7, 2004
Labour charge for RM45 , my personnel its quite expensive , coz I stayed in BM ,

change engine oil & filter = RM10
Gearbox oil = RM10

just my 2 cents .. anyway i will give a visit to Northern G , need to tune my car..

anyone else know who else could i contact to tune microtech in penang??

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
talam_buruk,

Mircrotech in what car & engine? I can intro a few tuners which be able to do it for you using wideband o2 on-road or you can rent the dyno machine at Northern Garage.. anyways just to let you know NG dyno readouts are engine hp.. not on wheel.. so the readings are higher... can syok sendiri...

badboyben, RM45 for servicing is reasonable. Even Toyota Authorized Service center charge more than that... change spark plugs (customer bring in) charge RM19.50... makahai!!!

Today economy not so good.. being boss also need to get his hands dirty la... mana boleh sit down and do nothing one...

BadBoyBen

Oct 2, 2006
I'd seriously rather pay a little bit more for someone who knew his stuff than pay less for someone to experiment on my car.

talam_buruk

Known Member
Feb 7, 2004
Ftzone -> just pm me .. who that gy? .. i'm looking someone who reliable and know what he did , i guess who know microtech , doesn't matter it for which engine ..

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
Labour charge for RM45 , my personnel its quite expensive , coz I stayed in BM ,

change engine oil & filter = RM10
Gearbox oil = RM10

just my 2 cents .. anyway i will give a visit to Northern G , need to tune my car..

anyone else know who else could i contact to tune microtech in penang??
try farouk VTEC from MB garage..his shop at Seb Jaya...

BadBoyBen

Oct 2, 2006
Quick update ... went to service my car today, changed engine oil + filter ... looked at my bill and the labour was only RM15.

I think the last time when it was RM45 I had some other stuff done too.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
talam buruk.. if in penang island.. u can try zahim rs... 0195999946 tell him Raymond ftzone racing referred u there. u go up and chit chat wif him lor... hehehe best of luck!

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Quick update ... went to service my car today, changed engine oil + filter ... looked at my bill and the labour was only RM15.

I think the last time when it was RM45 I had some other stuff done too.
Fren,
Is it suppose to have labour charge since we are walk in to the shop?
I think the price where state on the eng oil should included labour charge...
But in fact they charge extra!? U think this is fair?

And i've also asked for dyno...RM200...!
How bout KL Price?

lavodo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
for penang island ...

microtech, haltech, obit, emanage, safc, vafc, sitc, hondata

Rs performance and DRG motorsport..

Rs performance at batu maung

DRG motorsport bawah pokok at sg nibong..

their tuning my car using afr.. so far speccless.. and realiable too..
and the price quit cheap too..

if looking for them just mention "superman".. ask u go there.. will get good price.. ehehe

Last edited:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
talam_buruk,

Mircrotech in what car & engine? I can intro a few tuners which be able to do it for you using wideband o2 on-road or you can rent the dyno machine at Northern Garage.. anyways just to let you know NG dyno readouts are engine hp.. not on wheel.. so the readings are higher... can syok sendiri...

badboyben, RM45 for servicing is reasonable. Even Toyota Authorized Service center charge more than that... change spark plugs (customer bring in) charge RM19.50... makahai!!!

Today economy not so good.. being boss also need to get his hands dirty la... mana boleh sit down and do nothing one...
NG dyno readouts on engine? why didn't have on wheel?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here's the story:

My friend sold his ride E60 520 with plate no.MBK 89 2005/2007 on this March.Dealer A took his car & paid him RM1k,only K3 form signed & settlement in bank has not done yet.

Dealer A took his car to friend B (took some commission & pass all the document to B),friend B has a client C who paid deposite but end up got rejected car loan.Months passed, market value dropped & B only paid 3 months of instalment then send/sell the car elsewhere. The car & contact person is now...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience