Really going for a skyline!

Reyza2020

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
aha.. im sorry guys.. but im going to buy the skyline with my own money.. i trade currency for living.. and i make around 5k++ a month... so.. i'm targeting a skyline to satisfy my need for speed.. aha... the wrx.. i will giving it away to my brother..

BooN

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
Be positive :proud: Jes don regret on wat u do. Cheers!!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
aha.. im sorry guys.. but im going to buy the skyline with my own money.. i trade currency for living.. and i make around 5k++ a month... so.. i'm targeting a skyline to satisfy my need for speed.. aha... the wrx.. i will giving it away to my brother..
Granted that's a fair bit of money to earn at 19. So forex trader huh, that's risky stuff but I guess some of us are made for it. I was in investment banking previously and for awhile I did risk management specifically overseeing the prop traders. I could never do that for a living though, having that much risk and uncertainty on a daily basis.

Anyways, good luck with the car. To answer your original question, if you're going to have to choose between the GTT and GTR then I'd say your best bet is the former. Buy a GTT, preferbably manual unless you're more comfortable with an auto box.

Based on what you say you are earning, factor in the monthly installments, petrol, servicing and maintenance on top of which you are looking to further modify the car - RM5k is nowhere near enough for a GTR. You still need to save at least a portion of what you earn, not to mention your basic living costs and income tax. Not much change left should you take the plunge and go for a GTR.

CSx8213x

1,000 RPM
Mar 8, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
huh ... 5k++ also can afford a GTR ??? I'm earning more than that also can't afford for a GTR ... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

luckily I'm not interested in GTR ... hahah ... prefer RWD can play drift ...

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
sorry to burst your bubble...but you are gonna need a HUGE downpayment. esp if its second hand.

believe me... i know.

and 5k a month is enough, but only just.. you're gonna have a hard time getting money together for personal savings or modding. (talking bout GT-R here)... most of your pay is going to be spent on your car(maintainence is a bitch) Safer bet would be the GT-T

BUT

if you really are hardcore, then by all means get the GT-R.

oh, and welcome to the club.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005

brother, i earn 6 times your salary a month also i contemplate before settling for a GTR, but sigh, you live your life and you make choices of your own. If you really want it bad just go ahead just don't look back in regret.

cheers.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
brother, i earn 6 times your salary a month also i contemplate before settling for a GTR, but sigh, you live your life and you make choices of your own. If you really want it bad just go ahead just don't look back in regret.

cheers.
fuyooo cosmicgate! i also want the same job as you lah! hehehe

Reyza2020

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
walao.. 30k ar a month? can buy a ferrari wit dat.. wahaha.. im gonna save up to about 20k++ for the depo.. it is enough? what is the pro and cons of having a tiptronic skyline??

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
dude, the R34 GTR has no tiptronic. manual ar.
man, my opinion is that u(reyza) better decide properly and think of which model, at or mt, praticality of the car, etc and decide which model and year is best yo.
cos if u don't, ur gona be a in a world of suprise. buying a GTR is not like buying baju, where u can buy then use n throw later when u want a new one. it's something that will stick to u for a long time. GTR is a passion, not a play thing.
unless ur talking bout the G35. :biggrin:

pS- serious yo, i took out a 4 year loan for the car n look at me.
i'm eating mostly maggi everyday. >_<

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
R34 GTT is a dull car with quite a bit of lag unless you mod it.
But today a 2002 GTR has drop tremendously in price ie, my guess RM180K for unregistered.
If you buy a GTT, you will always wish you bought a GTR and the technology gap between the GTR and GTT is way too enormous.

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
agree with jamesweh. but dude, u have to see what u really want.
wish u all the best in deciding.:biggrin:

BooN

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
R34 GTT is a dull car with quite a bit of lag unless you mod it.
But today a 2002 GTR has drop tremendously in price ie, my guess RM180K for unregistered.
If you buy a GTT, you will always wish you bought a GTR and the technology gap between the GTR and GTT is way too enormous.

Where u find rm180k for unreg gtr? Kinda hard 2 find gtr unreg.:smokin:

Reyza2020

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
hurm.. i think im going for a gtt manual... and how much will it cost me if i wanna mod it? to mod it so it can be a fierce monster? ahaha.. where should i mod it?:confused:

caff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2007
hurm.. i think im going for a gtt manual... and how much will it cost me if i wanna mod it? to mod it so it can be a fierce monster? ahaha.. where should i mod it?:confused:
u're going to mod? what u wanna mod? it can be very much, that depends on ur budget my fren. for me, i already mod more than 30k. but this is juz very small amount for other.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro, all the best to you in getting your dream car. No matter how fierce ur monster become..still be careful on the road. be sure you can handle the power of the car and know it well. :smokin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
walao.. 30k ar a month? can buy a ferrari wit dat.. wahaha.. im gonna save up to about 20k++ for the depo.. it is enough? what is the pro and cons of having a tiptronic skyline??
Dude,

If you want a GTR, RM20k there's no way you'll get the loan approved. Tiptronic Skylines would be the GTT. Pros and cons have been debated on these forums before.

Ferrari with RM30k monthly salary? You have got to be joking. Unless you live in a one bedroom house and live like a poor bugger maybe can afford lah. Owning a Ferrari is not only being able to pay for the car and its maintenance - surely a certain living standard must go along with it. And RM30k doesn't go far these days bro.

GTR is a passion, not a play thing.
Owning a GTR requires lack of common sense. But we never asked for this disease. Only can make the best of it. :driver:

If you can find a 2002 GTR for RM180k unregistered then I'll take 5. :burnout:

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
a ferrari? hell no!!! i'm only 28 and only old ppl drives ferrari. I've had a m3 csl before and people starts telling me that's my dad's car. I got pissed off and sold it off lol.

so....yeah, here i am, with a GTR. a youngsters car haha.

Bump: oh yah btw who said gtr unreg can get for 180k i also want one!

Bump: oh yah btw who said gtr unreg can get for 180k i also want one!

Reyza2020

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
aha.. just buy the f355 ferrari.. or the testarossa.. ahaha.. i found a gtr v-spec in the motortrader.. the price is about 169k... huh.. year 00/05...if i buy a gtt.. what should i do to make it faster??remove the speed cut limiter??

BooN

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
aha.. just buy the f355 ferrari.. or the testarossa.. ahaha.. i found a gtr v-spec in the motortrader.. the price is about 169k... huh.. year 00/05...if i buy a gtt.. what should i do to make it faster??remove the speed cut limiter??

Y don u look for unreg coz the interest will be lower than the second car interest. Jes my 2 cent. Cheers :proud:

hkgs67

Sep 20, 2008
anyone seen any spotted skyline r34 with 20inch chrome rims and scissors door..plate number BEAST
always at segi college
its a guy
damn handsome
chinese guy
want to talk to him but i shy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving a wira 1.5GLA. bought it in 2001. But now the engine noise is louder. Anyone knows how to reduce the engine noise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience