Direct sales. Really so effective or just gimmicks?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Recently, I've noticed that there has been a lot of young fellows especially those in their late teens getting into all these direct sales thing. Like trying to convince people to join them or buy their products. They sell things like food, normal house products, heath care products and so on. (sadly no car parts, if not, I'll be very interested :rofl:)

Today a friend of mine came to me and talk about these kind of things to me. Said something like you can earn RM120k in a year or two and around RM400k after 5 years after joining. I was actually wondering, is there really such a good deal in this world where you can earn money in such a short amount of time? (many people also find it expensive to buy even a halfcut which cost like 10k and now these direct sales thing say you can get 120k in a year...)

I'm not trying to downplay or defame any of these companies who are doing this. The reason I posted this is to ask the opinion of senior or active members around here regarding this issue since many forumers here are experienced and can be considered as my senior in terms of age. I hope there won't be flaming because of this thread.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Recently, I've noticed that there has been a lot of young fellows especially those in their late teens getting into all these direct sales thing. Like trying to convince people to join them or buy their products. They sell things like food, normal house products, heath care products and so on. (sadly no car parts, if not, I'll be very interested :rofl:)

Today a friend of mine came to me and talk about these kind of things to me. Said something like you can earn RM120k in a year or two and around RM400k after 5 years after joining. I was actually wondering, is there really such a good deal in this world where you can earn money in such a short amount of time? (many people also find it expensive to buy even a halfcut which cost like 10k and now these direct sales thing say you can get 120k in a year...)

I'm not trying to downplay or defame any of these companies who are doing this. The reason I posted this is to ask the opinion of senior or active members around here regarding this issue since many forumers here are experienced and can be considered as my senior in terms of age. I hope there won't be flaming because of this thread.
Previously I think duckster posted something related to your question before. IINM.
All I can say is be careful not to be involve in illegal ones, in other words, money games, head hunters or even binary.

Involve in illegal ones, u will get scammed lots of money and not only you alone but friends/family will get scammed as well without you realising it because u thought it was a legit career.

Some products are good though but only from legal Direct Sales/MLM with licenses.
Aiya u see lots of such topics in Lowyat.net haha! Not really the right place to ask :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Previously I think duckster posted something related to your question before. IINM.
All I can say is be careful not to be involve in illegal ones, in other words, money games, head hunters or even binary.

Involve in illegal ones, u will get scammed lots of money and not only you alone but friends/family will get scammed as well without you realising it because u thought it was a legit career.

Some products are good though but only from legal Direct Sales/MLM with licenses.
Aiya u see lots of such topics in Lowyat.net haha! Not really the right place to ask :biggrin:
I think not illegal. It was something about buying things online. Say this company get products directly from supplier instead of going through retailer/wholesaler. Claimed that through this way, products are 60% cheaper. Buy from them can save money.

I ask because I want to get some opinions from you all ma. No other place can unite all of you on the internet other than here. :biggrin:

my advice, stay out from MLM, get into college, get your degree & start climbing the corporate ladder.
The funny thing is, the person who told me about it is a uni student himself. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think not illegal. It was something about buying things online. Say this company get products directly from supplier instead of going through retailer/wholesaler. Claimed that through this way, products are 60% cheaper. Buy from them can save money.

I ask because I want to get some opinions from you all ma. No other place can unite all of you on the internet other than here. :biggrin:

The funny thing is, the person who told me about it is a uni student himself. :biggrin:
Legal MLM are okay. I know some people (not friends) earning quite a lot (RM20 to 30k monthly, so they say...hahaha), but is not easy work. To make that amount is not to sell the product but to motivate people to sell on your behalf. Make your down line grow and have many many people under you selling the products. Sell by yourself you won't make it. Get a big amount of people as your down line you think can or not. Nowadays many call and say want to talk about MLM, I will say please don't come, so you think it will be easy or not?...:biggrin:

Product cheaper? Yes, the owner of the company buys it cheap, but when reach the end user it could be a few hundred per cent higher. Why? Remember you down line and what about your up line. Each level gets a cut (commission), that is why called Multi Level Marketing (MLM), so actually the end price is so expensive. Cheap product add commission, add for every level that will gets a cut, then end product becomes high priced...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Legal MLM are okay. I know some people (not friends) earning quite a lot (RM20 to 30k monthly, so they say...hahaha), but is not easy work. To make that amount is not to sell the product but to motivate people to sell on your behalf. Make your down line grow and have many many people under you selling the products. Sell by yourself you won't make it. Get a big amount of people as your down line you think can or not. Nowadays many call and say want to talk about MLM, I will say please don't come, so you think it will be easy or not?...:biggrin:

Product cheaper? Yes, the owner of the company buys it cheap, but when reach the end user it could be a few hundred per cent higher. Why? Remember you down line and what about your up line. Each level gets a cut (commission), that is why called Multi Level Marketing (MLM), so actually the end price is so expensive. Cheap product add commission, add for every level that will gets a cut, then end product becomes high priced...
That is also what that friend told me. He say if you get more people to join, then you will get more money... No wonder he ask me interested or not. I don't feel like I want to be a minion under hundreds of people...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Please go and Google MLM, Direct Sales and Pyramid Schemes. They are 3 different things. Your title is misleading.
More or less the same, as it involves marketing, commission to different levels. Only some got product, some don't, see how they play with it.........

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

That is also what that friend told me. He say if you get more people to join, then you will get more money... No wonder he ask me interested or not. I don't feel like I want to be a minion under hundreds of people...
But when they tell you to join time, they tell you the bottom half, not the top half, who you are under.....hahahahhahahaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Please go and Google MLM, Direct Sales and Pyramid Schemes. They are 3 different things. Your title is misleading.
Sorry because I'm not too sure exactly what they are called. These people claim to be online sales.

More or less the same, as it involves marketing, commission to different levels. Only some got product, some don't, see how they play with it.........

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

But when they tell you to join time, they tell you the bottom half, not the top half, who you are under.....hahahahhahahaha:biggrin:
That's the thing. All the lower ones are supporting the big shots on top of the chain.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Get a degree if you can and give it to your mum. Start a business and horn your skill and knowledge along the way.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I was a member of an MLM company almost 10 years ago and I am still, now. I managed to be promoted to manager but I stopped because I wanted to focus on my study. Another reason is that I'm not really a sales person.

I wouldn't condemn MLM and say that it is no good. And for your information, pyramid scheme is banned in many countries including Malaysia. The difference between MLM and PS is that you need to work hard to earn where else PS mostly would just requires you to find more people to invest and you'll get commission. In a sustainable MLM scheme, you will need to use the product yourself (a walking testimony), introduce, sell, recruit, and manage. It is like a business but with lower capital. Initially you will need to spend money on talks, products, catalogues, and marketing tool. Just don't get too far and focus on your target and everything should go smooth. The most important things in doing MLM are your up line and your own motivation. A good upline would guide you patiently and help you through. He is like your manager in a way.

I have seen many people succeed in the MLM company I joined. One of them is my upline who earns an average of 20-30k per month. No joke as I've seen his salary statement before! I wouldn't discourage young people of age 18 and above to try MLM as this would actually makes them more mature and aware of the real world. Guidance is very important as youngsters are more stubborn or naive. And the motivational talks, products training, and many other trainings such as how to read people behavior and how to communicate/socialize with people are good to shape someone into a knowledgable person.

I quit not long after I became manager and focused on my studies. However I am still using some of the products today. Of course, getting a qualification paper seems like the best thing to do in our life. But in this era, this is no longer the way if you want to get rich. Getting a degree is just a step to earn what you need to do bigger, riskier, challenging, but a more rewarding stuff.after all, no pain no gain.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Getting a degree = gets you a piece of paper to land you a job.
Doing a business = you get to hire the people with the degree to do your jobs.

Its not necessary to have a degree to do business. But its necessary to have a degree for a lot of jobs.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
I wouldn't condemn MLM and say that it is no good. And for your information, pyramid scheme is banned in many countries including Malaysia.
Sure meh? =P

I heard many offices in Malaysia are using Pyramid scheme style :biggrin:

Atas untung goyang kaki, bawah rugi

*when i was studying my lecturer told me that plus he said he had the most awkward pyramid scheme.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sorry because I'm not too sure exactly what they are called. These people claim to be online sales.

That's the thing. All the lower ones are supporting the big shots on top of the chain.
Not really, if u ask me, those who are working like some of us, who are we actually supporting up there? :biggrin:

Just stay away from Pyramid Schemes. I guess cvkit pretty much answered your questions. :top:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
As long as we are working with a company, our income will remain the same as other salary earner.
Only few dedicated person will earn those huge income. Most Malaysian will be drawn to MLM as they are promised all the sweet stuff which is the 5 digit income, luxury car and so on.

I wont say its a lie or a con. Its just that some of us are just not destined to be the successful one.
If u are a hardcore salesperson then i do believe u will survive and can make this as your sole income.
If not, the dont quit your main source of income just to embark on what u believe will change your life.
Do it part time or for fun but find the right company.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

I have googled this color code from Top Secret Japan/USA. They mentioned this is specially customized mixed from them.

May I know do you guys know is there any color code for this gold color?
or any other brand have the closest gold color which similar to this?

Need advice from ZTH Sifu's :adore::adore::adore:

Thanks in advance =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience