BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
thats the usual thing, u need to rebore ur head,untill a certain limit, u have to change ur head, pray best to god that nth happen to ur block =)

Wild_Seven

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005

Wild_Seven

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Communication skills plays a big part i guess.. I agree with Normality, mechanics can be moody, etc..

I personally am getting my car done up with Dragger racing, and so far, he's explained everything to me in detail.. Showed me the stuff, explained it to me, drove me to the shop where the parts are coming from and kept in contact via emails. Picked me up from the toll and brought me to his shop.. etc etc.. I guess in summary if your nice to some people then they will be nice to you in return. And i'm going to his shop all the way from JB...

I admit that there are certain things that may seem expensive.. But i believe that if you get a good value for it then why not.. I'm in sales industry and thats how business runs.. 'A' might charge you $5000 , BUT 'B' might charge you $4000 for the same thing.. AT the end of the day, if your happy with what you've got then thats all that matters.. BUT make sure your paying for what you WANT.. don't expect to pay for stuff that you "initially" did not want and then complain later.. SERIOUSLY... Most people JUST want cheap cheap cheap.. its our culture i guess.. I guess if your in the sales line it would be easier to understand.. hehe.. anyways.. Be nice to ppl, smile and watch your talking tone, don't be snobbish and arrogant just because your the customer.. Try this and you will be surprised at what you can get in return :)

These are just my 2 cents worth.. I hope i've not offended anyone.. After all we are all car lovers.. wanting the best for our rides..

have a good day ppl..
Coolval,

That was what happened between me and Andy initially. Thought he was a nice guy, spent a lot of time explaining things to me and etc.

But when the actual work started, the horns grew on his head. Workmanship was shoddy at best. One week became one month. Promises were not kept but only broken.

The point here is this, if you CAN'T deliver, DO NOT overpromise your customers. No one forces him to do cheap BOT, no one forces him to deliver the car in a week's time. More often that not, its his ATTITUDE that needs to change.

I am surprised that he doesnt show up in the forum anymore to answer the allegations personally. Most of the time, he send his dogs to defend him.

Cheers.

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
yo yo yo... price = quality la.. i must admit, my first impression of PS products are "old fashion" and looks like shit! BUT.. i must salute to the man behind the technology! this thing works like magic... why wanna sell?? the reason why so many of those apexi and hks stuffs for sale is because they doesn't work at all..

hahah.. i was one of them too... i used to have HKS EIDS (if i can remember them correctly) something claims to stabilize the idle... haha.. no feeling at all la.. turn from left to right, right to left... ahahah..

then i got my apexi safc, hhahaa.... again... useless piece of shit.. this is good for those who like to adjust a lot but little gain... hahha.. (someone did complain about the ps being too sensitive)... (oppsss... sorry no offense)...

also.. apex rsm hahaha... speed cut la, rev cut la... haha.. isit really useful?? i dunno man. i just got rid of mine..

well, sorry to hi-jack your topic on BOT i just cannot help it when come to this.. hahah... good luck guys!
It is like saying a type writer is better than a computer

kelv!n

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
hmmm... blur here... can ask wats the price and location to do a bolt on for waja :p

Waja4646

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
As a thread starter...Im so proud to have this topic going and going .....KEEP YOUR SNAILS FIT BRO .........PUMP ENOUGH OIL .....happy boosting to all GREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL.....!!!!

QUEST FOR PROTON OEM TURBO CARS ON THE ROAD ....
PROTON NEED HELP......PROTON NEED TO TRANSFORM......PROTON NEED """""TURBO PROTON OEM CARS """"""" .....PROTON ....TRANSFORM !!!!!!

HE HE HE HE.....BTW...ITS TRANSFORMERS WEEK COMING SOON ..........ENJOY !!!

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
Hahaha.. Why did the transformers have to land in the states in the movie..
They should have in landed in Malaysia..
Then there would be transformed Kancils, wira's etc etc..hahahaha..
Then JPJ also can't catch.. Wahaha.. Ok.. i got hit by the transformer bug.. Sorry..hahaha..

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
Sorry But i just could not help myself..
But imagine this..
Ironhide in the form of a Proton..
Meaning He's a Proton with Cannon's .. Wahaha..

Last edited:

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
This is my first time posting in this thread cause i am going to bot with my 4g93 from eterna. This block got lower compression than 4g93p (9:1) so less power run in n/a. I am also newbie with turbo system.I got the turbo kit already consist with:
td04l, intercooler piping and intake piping, gsr bov, gsr IC, gsr TB, downpipe and header, gsr7737 ecu with wiring,gsr 390cc injector and gsr air flow sensor 449. all the item above cost me rm1.9k.The price is reliable or not?

My question is it all the item above complete already for bot?
Is it really important to install the oil cooler kit?
How to set and maintain the boost?
Which one is better, using stock gsr ecu or using back n/a ecu with piggyback management?

I hope BOT otai can answer my question....After install all the thing hope can join robot t.t...

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
1st of all, how do u know the block got lower compression than 4g93p (9:1) and by what method? stack gasket? changed to low compression piston?

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
1st of all, how do u know the block got lower compression than 4g93p (9:1) and by what method? stack gasket? changed to low compression piston?

I check it from mitsubishi technical spec.My engine come from e52 eterna yr 92-95. U can also find this halfcut at chop shop.But usually this e52 come with auto but i get the manual one.come with 6123 mmc ecu. camshaft lift also lower compare to 4g93p and the head slightly same like gsr only the valve little bit smaller.

So can u tell me that my turbo kit is complete already or not.

Last edited:

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
This is my first time posting in this thread cause i am going to bot with my 4g93 from eterna. This block got lower compression than 4g93p (9:1) so less power run in n/a. I am also newbie with turbo system.I got the turbo kit already consist with:
td04l, intercooler piping and intake piping, gsr bov, gsr IC, gsr TB, downpipe and header, gsr7737 ecu with wiring,gsr 390cc injector and gsr air flow sensor 449. all the item above cost me rm1.9k.The price is reliable or not?

My question is it all the item above complete already for bot?
Is it really important to install the oil cooler kit?
How to set and maintain the boost?
Which one is better, using stock gsr ecu or using back n/a ecu with piggyback management?

I hope BOT otai can answer my question....After install all the thing hope can join robot t.t...
well....i agree on normality78's question.....u cant rely just on the original mitsubishi technical specs as the compression rate for each engine may differ..classic example if u were to compare the factory tech specs of the engine HP, it hardly matches the real HP that u will get if u send ur car in for dyno..its best to send to ur mech and ask them to check and calculate for u the compression rate....but hmmmm 4G93 from eterna? 1st time i am coming across with this engine.... =) is it using the same block as 4g93 N/A as well? on the safe run, calculate ur compression with ur mech...then decide whether of plonking in a metal gasket to get ur ideal low compression would be an option for u or not....

regarding on ur question of ur BOT kit,
basically u have got urself a very much complete set...but for ur GSR air flow sensor....u will have to check if its compatible with ur current wiring.....coz apparently i've tried to install a 449 GSR air flow sensor to my 4G91 ...but my tuner said that its not compatible coz GSR only shares the same wiring as EVO 1,2,3...

having a stock GSR ECU might not be fully compatible with ur engine setup if u were to BOT...coz u are still running on N/A internal parts and there is limitation for u to tweak the air,fuel.....unless u add on a piggyback to it....well i think adding a piggyback to ur current engine ECU shall do the trick for now.....better safe up for a standalone to achieve optimum tuning....just my 2 cents tho :_:

Last edited:

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Fooyoh... expert BOT speakin' up! hehe....

give examples abit la on how to achieve optimum tuning
eg : e-manage.. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey members,

I am a Malaysian. I used to be a student in USA and now I have graduated with a Master degree. I have then work here for more than a year. I own a car in here for almost 3 years and I would like to import it back to Malaysia. My car is a LHD car. 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. Anyone know the procedure to import it back to Malaysia? Also register to drive on the road. The cost, etc?
Please help! Thanks a lot.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience