Honda D16 BOT help~

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys,

im wondering is there anyone bolt on turbo kit for their D16? my engine is d16 non vtec... had considered of transplant a B16a in it.. but kind of expensive. I've seen some seller do offer a low boost turbo kit for honda engine , max boost 0.5bar. no need to change internal part. im actually kind of interested in it. so wonder if anyone bolt on with that low boost only?

will it have alot problem since it's low boost?

how is the maintenance? will the engine bay become very compact and difficult for maintenance in future?

will it be more save fuel compare to na since injector and fuel pump no need to change...

would like to hear from you guys opinions..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i cant answer u based on ur questions because i dont own 1, but i can tell u, u'll tear every b16a u see on the road, maybe a b18 as well.. *shrugs*

personally sat in a d15 turbo. it had approx 215whp.... awesome

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i was quote rm 10k toc 15k at powerzone glenmarie...everything custom from turbo,piping intercooler,intake,exhaust piping ect....can remain stock just bot on.. boost around 0.2 to 0.3.. if piston ring cantik,good compression lah..piggyback emanage with dyno cos all custom... or he say can stage by stage....slowly...onve ready leave lah your car 1 month...after that can woots woots....expected hp gain around 60 to 70....torque not sure must be around there liow...standard d16 sohc non vtec is 130hp...after boost leh??

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i was quote rm 10k toc 15k at powerzone glenmarie...everything custom from turbo,piping intercooler,intake,exhaust piping ect....can remain stock just bot on.. boost around 0.2 to 0.3.. if piston ring cantik,good compression lah..piggyback emanage with dyno cos all custom... or he say can stage by stage....slowly...onve ready leave lah your car 1 month...after that can woots woots....expected hp gain around 60 to 70....torque not sure must be around there liow...standard d16 sohc non vtec is 130hp...after boost leh??
wow..... that's the ideal boost... low boost... no internal change.. but 10k t 15k is bit expensive oredi..... some more BOT wont be as user friendly as the OEM right? :confused: but seriously i love turbo... unfortunately honda got no OEM turbo.... if with that price it seems worth to get a halfcut B18CR already... hehehe.... so you car now got turbo? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

i cant answer u based on ur questions because i dont own 1, but i can tell u, u'll tear every b16a u see on the road, maybe a b18 as well.. *shrugs*

personally sat in a d15 turbo. it had approx 215whp.... awesome
wow... 215whp.... awesome dude! but i more worries about maintenance...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
My engine is D16 non-vtec too (D16Y7), hehe.. I'm also thinking about BOT using small turbo just to increase low-end torque a bit & getting good throttle response at the same time, no need intercooler. Can it be done? :confused:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My engine is D16 non-vtec too (D16Y7), hehe.. I'm also thinking about BOT using small turbo just to increase low-end torque a bit & getting good throttle response at the same time, no need intercooler. Can it be done? :confused:
without intercooler maybe cant...cause when pressure increase temperature also increase.. hot air intake not good for engine.. efficiency lost plus you can get overheat issue.. low boost just put a small intercooler will do... no need like those big hks intercooler.. unless you want to go high boost in future... somemore big intercooler attract attention of polis and jpj... :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
whoah 10-15k crazy??????

a good friend of mine, had this project done on his car...power was awesome...came with a few overheating problems.... d16 single cam vtec, with BOT, he spent about RM5k-6k..

Emanage
VF23 turbine
oil cooler
intercooler
extractor
stock internals
thicker gasket
racing clutch(original clutch slipped very badly)

car was very powerful...only thing was the overheating problem...and must take care of the engine....so..if you are going to BOT...

dont think u can always rev the engine kowkow like b16/18c.

upgrade your cooling efficiency. long aluminum radiator...low temp thermostat.. make sure engine well maintained...its very fun to drive..the power is very nice...but just be careful.

in the end? he sold off his kit.. my friend now driving b20 with type r head and loves it....he till today wishes he straight went down to converting...and saved that money to upgrade his b20 into a monster.

hope you take everything into consideration.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
whoah 10-15k crazy??????

a good friend of mine, had this project done on his car...power was awesome...came with a few overheating problems.... d16 single cam vtec, with BOT, he spent about RM5k-6k..

Emanage
VF23 turbine
oil cooler
intercooler
extractor
stock internals
thicker gasket
racing clutch(original clutch slipped very badly)

car was very powerful...only thing was the overheating problem...and must take care of the engine....so..if you are going to BOT...

dont think u can always rev the engine kowkow like b16/18c.

upgrade your cooling efficiency. long aluminum radiator...low temp thermostat.. make sure engine well maintained...its very fun to drive..the power is very nice...but just be careful.

in the end? he sold off his kit.. my friend now driving b20 with type r head and loves it....he till today wishes he straight went down to converting...and saved that money to upgrade his b20 into a monster.

hope you take everything into consideration.
how to upgrade the cooling system? cos EG/EK radiator damn small.... my car thermostate removed... how much is a B20 cost? i wanna to boost 0.3 bar only with stock injector... cos expect to have slight torque or power increased.... but also fuel save indeed? hahaha... cause high pressure just need a little bit of fuel so the power produce is almost same as normal engine? i mean like a stroke of engine will produce 30 psi per cylinder for example, since the air in the cylinder is bit high, so the fuel required to burnt and produce 30 psi eventually lesser... it is make sense? hahaha

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i prefer a bot d series then an na Bseries, but dats just me.. for a cheaper bot option, please pm me for more detail, tq

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

for a charged engine, if everything else is cun, then u need to maintain it like a normal car jer. if everything goes wrong, then there isnt any different between an na and a charged engine, dua2 sakit kepala and poket, lol

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i prefer a bot d series then an na Bseries, but dats just me.. for a cheaper bot option, please pm me for more detail, tq

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

for a charged engine, if everything else is cun, then u need to maintain it like a normal car jer. if everything goes wrong, then there isnt any different between an na and a charged engine, dua2 sakit kepala and poket, lol
where is your shop? pm me the quotation of the kit.... im just want low boost..

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so guys, transplant a NA B16a is better or bolt on is good? im not a heavy footer but i expected more torque in low rpm... like overtaking only... top speed, im not a speed racer.... need some more opinions and review from you guys.... thx~:wavey:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u wan torque?? b16a is practically known as a torqueless engine

theres a reason why they came up with this pic

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

yea... ive keep viewing the video in youtube of the B16 engine acceleration.... bit slow to climb.... what is the in the picture by the way? also more torque more fuel? then what is B16 engine good in if torque is not good...?:confused:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

it is the turbo in the B16 infront of the extractor?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

madman, dats just mean laaa... hahaha
you got turbo in ur car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HALO! guys! need a help!
i wan to change rear drum to brake disc,so wat size or car disc brake
can use in satria 1.3, did it need to change 15inch rim? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience