4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
nice exhaust shield..

waja no case on tearing at engine mount? Anyway, where do u buy depo sensor...is it reliable? especially oil temp/press...
Currently using solid rubber engine mounts at the cross member. I don't think the engine moves that much as my turbo actuator had not contacted my radiator yet :rofl:

Depo I'd say is OK for the price and the quality is pretty good too. Currently using their wideband and EGT sensor.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nice exhaust shield..

waja no case on tearing at engine mount? Anyway, where do u buy depo sensor...is it reliable? especially oil temp/press...
Depo is quite reliable. Accuracy seems pretty close to what the ECU reads so I find it reliable. Price may have risen since sometime ago. I bought my three-in-one and vacuum almost 3-4 years ago.

where did you custom the heatshield and how much if it if u dont mind sharing? :driver:
Yeah I wanna know too

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
where did you custom the heatshield and how much if it if u dont mind sharing? :driver:
Depo is quite reliable. Accuracy seems pretty close to what the ECU reads so I find it reliable. Price may have risen since sometime ago. I bought my three-in-one and vacuum almost 3-4 years ago.

Yeah I wanna know too
Depo so far the issues I had, the older wideband the segmented LED digit display die off one segment at a time until I can no longer read the reading. The 4-in-1 meter works well, but after many years the OLED display starts to dim which I expect might happen to my current wideband as well which uses an OLED display, but at least now the OLED display is a seperate unit with the main controller and should be easily replaced if it does happen. And also their touch-sensitive buttons on certain models tend to get hyper sensitive after a few months use and will press itself while driving.

Accuracy and response wise all is good, the stepper motor they use for the needle seems to be of high quality unlike the cheapo fakes which moves slowly. But as mentioned, only thing I can see is a lower quality compared to the branded ones double or triple it's price but that seems to be improving now as I think there is a new range of gauges. I will still buy Depo gauges for their value for money.

Got the heatshield done at a guy named Saidi. Can find him on FB Saidi SRF. If you know Hongzai the guy doing Subaru and Kia Carnival converts wan, it's right behind his shop.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Emo maximum.... just found out my manifold cracked a full circle on one of the runners at the welding. Looks like the manifold somehow warped and the welding gave way...

now need to spend even more money :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Reactions: Tom

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Well, the crack actually has quite a measurable gap, my theory is that it warped somehow and the forces caused it to fail at the weakest point(welds). Have to remove it and get it welded back :bawling:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
sorry to hear that...luckily i listen to my mechanic..last time die die wanna buy banana...

now cast iron only..cast iron FTW

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
sorry to hear that...luckily i listen to my mechanic..last time die die wanna buy banana...

now cast iron only..cast iron FTW
Well, if it's well made then a banana might improve performance, but yeah daily driven just stick with good old reliable cast iron manifold :laugh:

Could be the vibration and the weakest point cracked.....:banghead:
Yes vibration could be a factor that increases the fatigue, I have one of the bolts off the turbo heat shield fell off after some boosting sessions after I tightened it down myself... :banghead:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Anyway, some minor update.

Last CNY I experienced aircond feeling warm and the water temp increased slightly on my gauge, when sitting in a standstill traffic jam entering a parking lot for 15 minutes under the 1pm super hot sun, the temps fell immediately after I turned off the ac and then the traffic started moving and my aircond temperature started to improve, so from there I suspected I have an issue with my cooling fans. Went to install tints on my front windshield as I torn that out when I went to Puspakom, and still my aircond felt like it wasn't as cool as before.

After some looking around, this seems to be one of the possibilities, there is a large gap between the radiator and the body, where on the original radiator the gap is much smaller, I suspect the air might be recirculating, meaning instead of sucking in fresh cool air from outside, the radiator fan was pulling in hot air from the engine bay instead.

Did a quick mcgyver solution to fix that

And driving around these few days, my aircond seems to be cooler now when driving after parked under the hot sun and when in standstill traffic under the hot sun. Next step would be to replace my AVS pusher fan on the driver side to a SPAL fan and hope it solves my issue. Will also apply some foam surround between the radiator and condenser to make sure more air actually flows between the condenser/radiator instead of bypassing it through the sides. Will update again when i find the time to do those....