4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Some say this is the fastest Waja in Subang and Glenmarie area.....
mana ada o, i drive slow slow only :sleep:

Waja lanci ni
burnout cover picture more lanci

fastest subang in hong
fastest jack on the road

this is refreshing! what a ride :adore:
Thanks! Still far from complete though, even the brakes are still stocks :rolleyes:

My car entered workshop around end of October 2015, and engine started only around July 2017, during that period I rode motorbike only :beer:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
very very impressed!!

so much win here
Some things I kinda regret not doing though. Did not check the valve-to-piston clearance as I didn't know how to activate the high cams on the bench that time but now I know.

my future reference...:adore:
What are you building? :biggrin:

Now really considering an Accusump though. Last week took a hard right corner and my oil pressure sensor showed that the oil pressure was fluctuating wildly, and the oil level was around half that time, then I proceeded topping it up with a full liter of oil and it is now overfilled by 1/2 dipstick and the pressure seems stable during the corners.

Can see the green line below starts to fluctuate during the corner whereas my RPM is mostly constant. :bawling:

Datalogging is scary...

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Ohh and also forgot to mention, just got my engine endorsed in Puspakom and JPJ as well around 2 weeks back, did it myself without runner at Glenmarie. Passed the brake test without issues with the stock brakes and Evo brake servo, and handbrakes tightened kaokao before I went in. Had a friend told me they won't check lights and stuff so didn't bother removing my HID, but end up kena sangkut the HID and front window tint. Went to workshop and replaced the bulbs, removed the tint and went back puspakom before lunch and got everything done. If those 2 never sangkut probably would've completed everything within an hour. Updated JPJ information in Padang Jawa, took me like 15 minutes including change name samore as my car was under my mom's name before this.

So important things to know when sending the car to puspakom yourself, they check lights, signal lights, horn, high beam, brake lights, rear lights as well so make sure all those are working and legal :laugh:

Reactions: minibeany

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Thanks for the detailed post, it could be a very useful reference for me if I want to evolve my 4G92 Mivec Lancer as it is using similar tech as your Waja.

Love it, just need the time and the $$ LOL

:adore:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Thanks for the detailed post, it could be a very useful reference for me if I want to evolve my 4G92 Mivec Lancer as it is using similar tech as your Waja.

Love it, just need the time and the $$ LOL

:adore:
Glad it could help others around. Another thing I forgot to mention in my post is to use the 4agze pistons with the 4g93 crank you'll have to machine the corners of the piston skirt slightly so that it can clear the counterweight . If you have all the items in hand you will realise it pretty clearly.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
mana ada o, i drive slow slow only :sleep:

burnout cover picture more lanci

fastest jack on the road

Thanks! Still far from complete though, even the brakes are still stocks :rolleyes:

My car entered workshop around end of October 2015, and engine started only around July 2017, during that period I rode motorbike only :beer:
Sien, thought that i can have some fun as anonymous hahha

Glad it could help others around. Another thing I forgot to mention in my post is to use the 4agze pistons with the 4g93 crank you'll have to machine the corners of the piston skirt slightly so that it can clear the counterweight . If you have all the items in hand you will realise it pretty clearly.
eh the skirt, how do you machine it? like a tri-angle shape maintaining the skirt's length?

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Sien, thought that i can have some fun as anonymous hahha

eh the skirt, how do you machine it? like a tri-angle shape maintaining the skirt's length?
there's a reason why my nick is nightstalker :cool:

I also not sure, I only remember measuring it agak2 need to cut how much then workshop sent to machine shop and cut.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
ACL Race bearings for the conrod as I couldn't source the MIVEC conrod bearings and the conrod bearings seem to have no difference in design unlike the main bearings.
Hi Sifu,

How to properly select for ACL bearing for conrod? I heard aftermarket dont have any marking number on it.

My Stock proton have number "2" marking for all 4 conrod.

TQ

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Hi Sifu,

How to properly select for ACL bearing for conrod? I heard aftermarket dont have any marking number on it.

My Stock proton have number "2" marking for all 4 conrod.

TQ
Not too sure about selecting conrod bearings in relation to that, but in the 4g9x manual they mentioned about checking the reading on the crank for the factory which is determined by the crankshaft journal dimensions, which means they have 3 different bearings for different factory sizes. But then again if you had polished your crank it may not be as accurate as it should.

These sizes are only applicable if you purchase the original mitsubishi conrod bearings, which I cannot source locally, probably can get from Amayama though.

Rule of thumb is to check the bearing clearances using plastigauge on every bearing and check with the manufacturer's recommended clearance and if all is good then it's ok.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
nice build! may i know where you bought the welding cables, the battery and the circuit breaker and roughly how much the price is? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any suggestions on good and quality paint shops round kl area? My car is full of dents and scratches everywhere mostly because of my dog :D I was wondering how do I identify whether if they are using good quality paint and lacquer ? And how to judge their workmanship and quality? Like for example taking off headlights and door trims etc? What shops should I avoid? Please advice and need some suggestions for good quality shops
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience