4g93 n/a:bolt on turbo or mivec head?

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I am using 4g93 n/a Japan engine taken from eterna e52. This engine built with lower compression piston if compare than 4g93p (9:1 compression ratio). I plan to upgrade with bolt on turbo or mivec head. Got some one want to sell bolt on turbo consist with:

-turbo td 04, complete intercooler and intake piping, gsr intercooler, extractor, downpipe, gsr throttle body, airflow sensor, gsr injector, gsr wiring and ecu.The price is 1.8k.

-MIVEC parts consist with head, intake manifold, throttle body, mivec ecu and wiring.Price 2.2k.

I need ppl oppinion, which one is more better in term of power, feel, price and maintenance. If i am using bot with 9:1 cr, estimate boost that can go (as i know gsr comp ratio is 8.5:1)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... go for bolt-on-turbo first.... sicne u already has low compression piston, its a good start off.... later not enough only upgrade mivec head lor....

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
i seem to disagree with the turbo option. lets not look at it from the point of view of the compression rather what's good for GTpui in the long term. Going from NA to Turbo is always a No No in my opinion. There's simply too much to change, and too big a difference between the NA 4G93 and the GSR 4G93. I can't name them all, but any mechanic who is familiar with it won't tell you it's all the same but very different. The NA 4G93 simply is not built for Turbo. Change to GSR if ever you want a turbo.

Mivec however is a different story. NA to start with, but there's hell too much work to do the conversion. You'll need a really good mechanic again going rojak. The mivec if you want to run with a shift light or not is your choice, but I would like the cleaner option, Mivec wiring, mivec ECU. After which, you still need a piggy back, chip retune or standalone to run the 1.8 mivec efficiently, effectively and safely. That is to say the mivec head's not a problem to find with the wiring and ecu. You'll still be short of a gearbox for real performance.

SO, conclusion would be to find a half cut. It's going for about 5-6K for a mivec and abt 6K for a GSR.

Always remember, Do the right thing. We're not doing R&D anymore on these two options.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone knows how to improve a car's braking power? My car uses disc brake in front and drums for the rear...rear very hard 2 convert to disc brake.. :( got any steel braided brake lines for proton or not? can proton tiara use other car's brake lines? i mean da steel braided ones designed for other cars... :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience