WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Not really about practicability. Most are just going for looks and tech geek stuff. They are more into the latest cars. Most of them like cars such as Audi TT, A5, VW Golf GTI, Scirocco and so on. For the more affordable range of cars, they prefer cars like Vios TRD, City, Peugeot 208... They emphasize on styling and other interior creature comfort. Things like Bluetooth stereo, nice instrument cluster, leather seat and stuffs like that matters more to them. There are also some friends who show some interest in cars but when I talk to them more about the technical stuff, they look confused and say they have no interest whatsoever. Some even claim paddle shifters is the way and traditional MT is just outdated and slow. They don't care what kind of gearbox is it as long as the paddles are there. Yes, even virtual 7 speed gears in CVT gearbox sounds like 'high performance' for them.

I once asked a friend can he manage parking without the reverse camera in his Vios TRD. He said, well there is still the reverse beeping sensor. I ask what if that is not available too? He said he probably can't handle it. He also said he can't handle my car since my car is a MT and it doesn't come with reverse parking sensor or camera. :rofl:

What's with your friend's father not letting his son having a cheaper Hilux and insist on getting a more expensive FD Civic. :biggrin:
Youngsters nowadays pursue style and fashion more towards building themselves. I've got a younger friend will keep telling me he will get the latest car released every single time there is a new car. In the end, he still driving his Toyota Vios 1st gen, spent most of his phone in the latest phone, tech watch, hairstyle, clubbing and bitches. Really no financial planning, when he asked me why i got so much money to spend modifying my Lancer while still got savings and such, i will just tell him to stop chasing technology and latest stuffs, you can never keep up. Till date he changed 5 sets of wheels for his Vios ... just because they looked cool. My Lancer still with original 18' rims and with a sumitomo brakes behind, low profile to the max ! Hahaha :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah that's awesome, she indeed would know a lot more about cars than some of us! :top:
Kudos to you too bro!
Thanks bro., and it was her idea to take the course. When she told me, I was shocked also.....hhahhaha:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Youngsters nowadays pursue style and fashion more towards building themselves. I've got a younger friend will keep telling me he will get the latest car released every single time there is a new car. In the end, he still driving his Toyota Vios 1st gen, spent most of his phone in the latest phone, tech watch, hairstyle, clubbing and bitches. Really no financial planning, when he asked me why i got so much money to spend modifying my Lancer while still got savings and such, i will just tell him to stop chasing technology and latest stuffs, you can never keep up. Till date he changed 5 sets of wheels for his Vios ... just because they looked cool. My Lancer still with original 18' rims and with a sumitomo brakes behind, low profile to the max ! Hahaha :rofl:
Agreed. They are more into whatever things that is regarded as trendy. Just follow the crowd and flow. Some will argue that when you are young, you must try and experience everything when you have the chance because doing it at an older age will be weird. For me, it doesn't matter if I don't try those things because I'm not interested in them anyway. To be honest, I'm not into smoking, drinking alcohol (only tried once), clubbing, gambling, fashion and so on. The bad habit that I have is spending money on my other hobbies such as scale model kits or die-cast cars.

I suppose your friend is changing those taiwan/philippines replica rims for his Vios? If he kept changing original forged rims for his Vios, I guess he must be quite rich.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That will depends on the father status loh. Super rich sure will fully pay for it. Got to maintain status.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:
Even if I were super rich I'd make my kid pay for her/his own car. Like I said - max 40% deposit assistance. Unless my kid says he/she wants a Myvi. Then I'd bitch slap him/her and buy him/her a Toyota.

Waah more difficult la, no money leh for expensive cars and expensive maintenance!
Correction, cheap cars expensive maintenance. Jetta now brand spanking new is 90k tops. Hence KCNg's dilemma selling his Jetta which he keeps trying to push to me.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even if I were super rich I'd make my kid pay for her/his own car. Like I said - max 40% deposit assistance. Unless my kid says he/she wants a Myvi. Then I'd bitch slap him/her and buy him/her a Toyota.

Correction, cheap cars expensive maintenance. Jetta now brand spanking new is 90k tops. Hence KCNg's dilemma selling his Jetta which he keeps trying to push to me.
Wah! Myvi to Toyota must be Vios dy.......god car mah.......hhahahhahahah

VW either sell cheap or VW for life......lol:biggrin:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Agreed. They are more into whatever things that is regarded as trendy. Just follow the crowd and flow. Some will argue that when you are young, you must try and experience everything when you have the chance because doing it at an older age will be weird. For me, it doesn't matter if I don't try those things because I'm not interested in them anyway. To be honest, I'm not into smoking, drinking alcohol (only tried once), clubbing, gambling, fashion and so on. The bad habit that I have is spending money on my other hobbies such as scale model kits or die-cast cars.

I suppose your friend is changing those taiwan/philippines replica rims for his Vios? If he kept changing original forged rims for his Vios, I guess he must be quite rich.
Our groups in society are influenced too much by whatever pop culture out there. Especially the #YOLO group, always sharing quotes on internet that you only live once so you can afford to be irresponsible :hmmmm:. Yes my friend changed those replica rims, not even quality those, one small pot hole then the whole wheel goes bonker. I'll always stick to my stock wheels even they are heavy, probably will try to afford a second hand light weight wheels to put extra power to the ground.

My bad habit ? Modifying cars and take corners like a speed racer :driver:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I've been trying to get my daughter into sports cars. She's identifying modified cars as sports cars now, which is a start. And I'd get the MRS, slightly newer :biggrin:
MRS is newer but doesn't hold better value than MR2. Simply because MR2 was shaped like a Ferrari and it has a 3SGTE engine, very fun to drift that thing around ! Furthermore, don't forget to forgotten pop up headlights !

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
MRS is newer but doesn't hold better value than MR2. Simply because MR2 was shaped like a Ferrari and it has a 3SGTE engine, very fun to drift that thing around ! Furthermore, don't forget to forgotten pop up headlights !
mr2 is abit too old.... spare parts such as the trim and panels abit difficult to source, mrs would be alittle easier to maintain but.... my god its a tiny car!! the celica is much easier to deal with... but ofc its not gona be as fun and some people really dislike the celica~

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mr2 is abit too old.... spare parts such as the trim and panels abit difficult to source, mrs would be alittle easier to maintain but.... my god its a tiny car!! the celica is much easier to deal with... but ofc its not gona be as fun and some people really dislike the celica~
Tiny is understatement....hhahahhah
My friend Satria was in workshop so he borrowed the MR2 which was a spare car from his brother. He call me to buy a crock pot on his behalf and came over to my house to pick it up. Two seater, so behind no space, open boot, crock pot also cannot go in, say come another day to pick it up.......hhahahhahahhaha:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tiny is understatement....hhahahhah
My friend Satria was in workshop so he borrowed the MR2 which was a spare car from his brother. He call me to buy a crock pot on his behalf and came over to my house to pick it up. Two seater, so behind no space, open boot, crock pot also cannot go in, say come another day to pick it up.......hhahahhahahhaha:biggrin:
Put on the passenger seat cannot?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Our groups in society are influenced too much by whatever pop culture out there. Especially the #YOLO group, always sharing quotes on internet that you only live once so you can afford to be irresponsible :hmmmm:. Yes my friend changed those replica rims, not even quality those, one small pot hole then the whole wheel goes bonker. I'll always stick to my stock wheels even they are heavy, probably will try to afford a second hand light weight wheels to put extra power to the ground.

My bad habit ? Modifying cars and take corners like a speed racer :driver:
YOLO? Then I'll just say back I only live once, so I need to get an interesting car to drive instead of those boring cars. :rofl: Some grown ups I met with previous experience of modding cars in their youth told me it is not worth to do all sorts of mod in cars. It is true that modding cars indeed cost a lot of money and they say it is a waste, but everyone in this world is acting rationally, where will all the fun be and how can we release our stress or tension. Normally I'll say back that you guys have already experienced all these fun cars be it the high revving variable valve timing NA (VTEC, MIVEC) or high boost turbocharged engines but for me, I have not even experienced much in all these yet. You may be bored with them already but I haven't even tasted them yet. :biggrin:

At least you have a Lancer GT with 18" wheels to take corners. I assume your size is 225/40/18. For me, sometimes I do corner at high speed using my ordinary car. Wira with 185/60/14 tyres. Those are not even performance tyres I'm using, just entry level Goodyear Duraplus. Perhaps I should not risk cornering like that anymore :banghead:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
YOLO? Then I'll just say back I only live once, so I need to get an interesting car to drive instead of those boring cars. :rofl: Some grown ups I met with previous experience of modding cars in their youth told me it is not worth to do all sorts of mod in cars. It is true that modding cars indeed cost a lot of money and they say it is a waste, but everyone in this world is acting rationally, where will all the fun be and how can we release our stress or tension. Normally I'll say back that you guys have already experienced all these fun cars be it the high revving variable valve timing NA (VTEC, MIVEC) or high boost turbocharged engines but for me, I have not even experienced much in all these yet. You may be bored with them already but I haven't even tasted them yet. :biggrin:

At least you have a Lancer GT with 18" wheels to take corners. I assume your size is 225/40/18. For me, sometimes I do corner at high speed using my ordinary car. Wira with 185/60/14 tyres. Those are not even performance tyres I'm using, just entry level Goodyear Duraplus. Perhaps I should not risk cornering like that anymore :banghead:
lol I as a youngish fella will also tell you it is not worth it modifying cars.... other than for personal self satisfaction... how old are you anyway?? around the same age as me?

**also not buying that ur car is stock :vroam:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
lol I as a youngish fella will also tell you it is not worth it modifying cars.... other than for personal self satisfaction... how old are you anyway?? around the same age as me?
23. For me, I'm the kind of person that is keen on keeping my own possessions as long as possible. So, if I pick a suitable car to mod, I'll probably keep the car for the next 20 years or more if possible. Don't feel like selling it and start with another car again. Just maintain the car and drive it. Since I am keeping the car for long, I think it is okay to mod it.

But depends on what car I plan to mod. If I am using converted ordinary cars like Wira, EG/EK Civic , Satria with swapped engines, I'll probably mod the car as much as possible to make the car more powerful. If I am using true performance cars like Evo, WRX STI, Skyline GT-R, simple mods like intake, exhaust system, forged wheels, brake discs/rotors will do. Since those are powerful enough in stock form and also I want to keep the maintenance easy. I'm not aiming to mod until like it is the fastest or most powerful version of that car in the country.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's a new UHP candidate from Continental Tyre lately, and it's not just another Sport Contact sibling either. Yes you've heard, It's the new MC6. Short for Max Contact, The new MC series will not just replace older MC5, it takes on a new role in the world of Ultra High...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience