New Tires : Front or Rear

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
my rear is light too. but front super heavy makan very fast so usually i just replace front since my front tires are cheaper than my rear - change more often = lagi makan duit so gotta use cheaper tires than d rear lol

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my rear is light too. but front super heavy makan very fast so usually i just replace front since my front tires are cheaper than my rear - change more often = lagi makan duit so gotta use cheaper tires than d rear lol
You use front and rear different tyre size then this topic not for you. You can change front for front, and rear for rear only........hahhahahhaa

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Safety view : New tyre should fit to rear, if anything slip, front still able to steer back, while rear cant.
Eco view : Front wear faster, if new tyre fit rear, then u have to change another 2 tyre for front very soon.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
I dont care what ever theory any expert made. I strongly believe on my own driving experiences. My opinion, newer tyre should always be at front. In most oversteer case due to "lesser thread tyre" (older tyre) put on rear is when u overspeed over water pond at sharp corner. In normal straight road, the front tyre is used to cut over water pond and it will created a temporary "longkang" for rear tyre to go through it. One more thing, front tyre also steer-able and this wayer pond will bring a force to steering wheel and make it difficult to control (especially for those boy-racer who sit really far from steering wheel and hold the steering with straight hand like fast n furious movie's hero style).

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I dont care what ever theory any expert made. I strongly believe on my own driving experiences. My opinion, newer tyre should always be at front. In most oversteer case due to "lesser thread tyre" (older tyre) put on rear is when u overspeed over water pond at sharp corner. In normal straight road, the front tyre is used to cut over water pond and it will created a temporary "longkang" for rear tyre to go through it. One more thing, front tyre also steer-able and this wayer pond will bring a force to steering wheel and make it difficult to control (especially for those boy-racer who sit really far from steering wheel and hold the steering with straight hand like fast n furious movie's hero style).
I agree. And mostly in city driving somemore, most braking is done at the front.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
if bald put anywhere also dangerous...bar the spare tyre..

the point is less thread located and the tyre which requires less works..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This argument again?

Knnccbbq. Change all 4 when 1 or 2 is worn.

Enough of story.
Not all can change all 4 like you....heh! heh!:biggrin:

The tyre manufacturer have already voiced out how their product is to be used, but being the owners who have purchased the tyres, they got the right to put where they want, whether new in front or rear. For us of course we follow manufacturer advise and will also recommend others to follow them. Whether they follow or not we cannot do anything else....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It is not possible to wear out only 2 tyres, unless you didn't rotate the tyres. So yeah, padan muka kau and change all 4 tyres.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It is not possible to wear out only 2 tyres, unless you didn't rotate the tyres. So yeah, padan muka kau and change all 4 tyres.
Actually I do understand why people don't rotate. My father says it's cheaper to change 2 at a time rather than all 4.

Now when I think about it, is it more cost effective to change 2 at a time or rotate which possibly makes the tyres last longer?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Actually I do understand why people don't rotate. My father says it's cheaper to change 2 at a time rather than all 4.

Now when I think about it, is it more cost effective to change 2 at a time or rotate which possibly makes the tyres last longer?
It will ALWAYS be cheaper to change 2 at a time rather than all 4. Cause.. you're paying for 2 rather than 4.

But, if you rotate, good and even tyre wear, all 4 tyres will be in good condition, and can last longer. I used my PS3 for ~50k km. That's with rotation. I rotate every ~15k km give or take.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience