Tires selection.

kimsian86

Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I got a lot of women friends and always having problem in selecting correct tires. Eventually, they met accident more than us, men. So I'm putting up this thread to let others know how to select appropriate tires.
There are seasonal tires, performances tires and mixing tires. If you like speeding, then choose performances tires. Seasonal tires are for dry, wet, terrain, snowy condition.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, not really. Performance tyres like the Michelin PS3 provide a combination of wet and dry grip. The Goodyear Asymmetric range are pretty good too.

So ask your lady friends to stop skimping on tyre costs and get decent brands and makes. Forget the Silverstones, cheap Indon and China brands and go for the sure fire brands like Goodyear, Michelin, Yokohama and don't go for their entry level models either.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, not really. Performance tyres like the Michelin PS3 provide a combination of wet and dry grip. The Goodyear Asymmetric range are pretty good too.

So ask your lady friends to stop skimping on tyre costs and get decent brands and makes. Forget the Silverstones, cheap Indon and China brands and go for the sure fire brands like Goodyear, Michelin, Yokohama and don't go for their entry level models either.
The lady friends I know mostly go back to OE specs and brand....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

are Silverstone tyre that bad? im just curious to know.
Can use but please drive like an old aunty, especially in the wet. In the dry most tyres performs quite well....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Can refer to this thread for your selections....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/wheel-and-tyre/421019-visuals-of-common-tyre-brand-model.html

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
are Silverstone tyre that bad? im just curious to know.
I personally don't think they are bad. Just that it's not for people who aren't savvy on cars. I mean, it's just this :

Aunty A bought new tyres (silverstone) and the workshop promises that the tyres are good and all that. She drives confidently thinking the tyres are great since the workshop man says so. Emergency brakes and has an accident.

versus

Me bought a new set of tyres (silverstone) and the workshop promises me the world. I fark the workshop upside down for lying to me and insist on a cheaper price since tyres are locally manufactured and aren't that great. I'd drive very carefully and slowly knowing full well the car will not be as grippy compared to other tyre brans. No accident.

So it's really up to the driver and driving style. I'm a slow and steady driver. I have no problems with Kancils overtaking me. So to me any tyre will be ok to use. I'd be bitching a lot on noise and aquaplaning but nothing would interest me like cheap tyres because I'm a scrooge. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Damn, that makes me a lady since I almost got into accident with Silverstone :rofl:

Agree that most ladies they go back with the same brand that as factory fitted. I have seen some ladies on the road when I look
at their tyres during traffic jam, the kelisa tyres are as good as bald...the lines are just too faded and too thin to continue use.

So to me is not the problem of girls selecting their tyres, most of them dont drive too fast. Is about knowing how to monitor their tyres and knowing how to maintain their tyres well.

I have a friend a girl, Only pump air once in a month or so. And also hardly do alignment and balancing.

When I told her what she needs to do and she answers me "Oh ya kah? I dunno leh." I say if you want to prolong your tyres,
try to at least pump air every week or at least once in 2 weeks. Also do alignment balancing after some time.

Problem is, they usually expects bf/husband to monitor for them. Good if they did, but if their man didnt do it also, habis la.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
if people could learn and understand things im what it's capable of and it's limitations than a lot of naive and stupid accidents would be avoided. Most ladies and some gentlemen are ignorant and everything is buy and use, never read use directions one.
Look I have used pricey PS3 and now on cheapo Indonesian tyres, not a single issue at all as I read its descriptions and use accordingly. PS3 can whack 200km/h with no loss of grip but don't expect Corsa can work like that.
But,ladies would most likely hang in fashion and gossip forums rather than zth.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But,ladies would most likely hang in fashion and gossip forums rather than zth.
:biggrin:

Suddenly you'll see a whole bunch of hot chicka mommas coming in slamming you for saying that.

(pls pls pls let that happen)

:biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
It's dangerous to stir the beehive, man! Especially those big mouth small tt ones.:biggrin: Let izso handle!

rosalinda9988

Jul 2, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Fully agree with you. 9 of 10 of my friends will just recommend me to go for Micheline Primacy 3ST because of the quality and it provide enough grip during turns or braking even on wet or dry road condition.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn, that makes me a lady since I almost got into accident with Silverstone :rofl:

Agree that most ladies they go back with the same brand that as factory fitted. I have seen some ladies on the road when I look
at their tyres during traffic jam, the kelisa tyres are as good as bald...the lines are just too faded and too thin to continue use.

So to me is not the problem of girls selecting their tyres, most of them dont drive too fast. Is about knowing how to monitor their tyres and knowing how to maintain their tyres well.

I have a friend a girl, Only pump air once in a month or so. And also hardly do alignment and balancing.

When I told her what she needs to do and she answers me "Oh ya kah? I dunno leh." I say if you want to prolong your tyres,
try to at least pump air every week or at least once in 2 weeks. Also do alignment balancing after some time.

Problem is, they usually expects bf/husband to monitor for them. Good if they did, but if their man didnt do it also, habis la.
Not to say need to pump but is good to check. I do it every alternate time I refuel my cars.
Is good practice especially when you find one tyre having less pressure then the others, then you will check for puncture. Tubeless tyres with a nail puncture will have slow leak, so by checking the air pressure you will know ahead rather then by the time you have a flat tyre....:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Aiyah! another marketing p*st around......:banghead:

yupms

Aug 7, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for sharing... unfortunately I am still very blur about tires..it took ages to learn.. if you throw me at workshop.. i will completely blur..so many brand in the market...got Bridgestone, Hankook , Dunlop and etc.... and my friend told me that Recon tyre also got high market already....make me more blur..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I had a few friends who had bad experiences with silverstone. No accidents whatsoever, but 2 out of 3 friends using experienced tyre swelling very soon. When driving above 80 km/h, it's really irritating.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TQ to some comment, n sry 4 late reply rushing school work assignment.

Now I want to Clarify My Issue more with the process + include some picture jpg.

I own a 2nd hand L5(EF-RL) 3 cylinder turbo & Reconnected the EGR.
Originally the EGR hose left hanging in the engine bay, its running due to contain engine oil in the hose and my air-conditioner sometime got engine oil smell.
Mileage Clocked now is 48k++.

last change new engine oil at 40k mileage with diesel engine(Petronas Urania rated...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience