Any brand of tires ?

aprilstucked

Feb 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm looking to change my Honda CRV tyres, can anybody recommend a quiet and comfort tyre?*
47000km done for my tyres, and they appear worn out. I know it's dangerous but I need professional opinions on which tyres recommended.
Tight on budget though.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Currently using Bridgestone RE-002 215/55/R16 on old SUV ride for fun. 100% city and highway ride. Much composed handling and high speed drive but was not as quiet and comfortable as previous Michelin Premacy. Maybe due to tread design, compound and harder sidewall on RE002. Previous Premacy was on fatter profile 65. More cushioned when driving over potholes.
Btw, the gap between the fender and tyres is wider than Smart tunnel but it handles much better!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Currently using Bridgestone RE-002 215/55/R16 on old SUV ride for fun. 100% city and highway ride. Much composed handling and high speed drive but was not as quiet and comfortable as previous Michelin Premacy. Maybe due to tread design, compound and harder sidewall on RE002. Previous Premacy was on fatter profile 65. More cushioned when driving over potholes.
Btw, the gap between the fender and tyres is wider than Smart tunnel but it handles much better!
Handling sure better you went from 65 series aspect ratio to 55 series....:biggrin:

Honda CRV different variant uses different size tyres....:banghead:

My wife's SUV about time to change tires too. Still have 50 to 60% thread pattern balance but tyres coming to 4 years, and crack lines are appearing. Thinking of budget UHP tires and size change from 235/60R16 to 225/60R16. 235 seems too width for the rims and huge looking...:biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Handling sure better you went from 65 series aspect ratio to 55 series....:biggrin:

Honda CRV different variant uses different size tyres....:banghead:

My wife's SUV about time to change tires too. Still have 50 to 60% thread pattern balance but tyres coming to 4 years, and crack lines are appearing. Thinking of budget UHP tires and size change from 235/60R16 to 225/60R16. 235 seems too width for the rims and huge looking...:biggrin:
Go for Nittttoooo...be our guinea pig! hahaha

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not professional but I think you should just ask those mechanic instead of waiting for our opinions here... I'm sure you wouldn't want to put your loved ones on danger, so better change your tyres asap. As usual, branded tyres will definitely last longer bro. It's a matter of live or death, so don't ever go for cheapskates tyres (:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not professional but I think you should just ask those mechanic instead of waiting for our opinions here... I'm sure you wouldn't want to put your loved ones on danger, so better change your tyres asap. As usual, branded tyres will definitely last longer bro. It's a matter of live or death, so don't ever go for cheapskates tyres (:
For tyres, better go tyre shop. My mechanic only good for car and engine service and repairs, nothing on tyres. That is a different field altogether....:driver:

kimsian86

Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Have been using it for about 80000km already and still counting.. Really value for money yet quiet tyres.
Interlocking StabiliGrip sipes features pretty awesome.
SUV TYRES
If you're tight on budge, then go for recon tires.. they give the same quality as some branded tires too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
A lot of Michelin promoters even since 3ST launched.....
Is new and could be psychologically wise thinks and feels is good. Same thing I had with
XM2. After driving awhile, push it a bit more...then I start to know the tyre is actually not as good
as I think in terms of Grip.

Comfort and quietness yes. But grip in terms of safety, so so. Acceptable if u dun whack
corners hard or harsh driving.

Overall for normal drive dry and wet is good.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is new and could be psychologically wise thinks and feels is good. Same thing I had with
XM2. After driving awhile, push it a bit more...then I start to know the tyre is actually not as good
as I think in terms of Grip.

Comfort and quietness yes. But grip in terms of safety, so so. Acceptable if u dun whack
corners hard or harsh driving.

Overall for normal drive dry and wet is good.
You buy entry level don't expect UHP loh.....hahahaha:rofl:

anne112

Aug 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I only believe in Michelin tyre. My Harrier fitted with 4 all new Latitude Tour HP and it gives me full confident to drive on wet road. It has better grip during raining season and shorter braking distance. Emergency braking is NOT a problem when I cruise on highway.

yupms

Aug 7, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Why don't you use the original fittment? As far as I know, GoodYear wrangler HP is the tyre that comes with CRV from factory. I think it's pretty satisfactory. I suggest you better stick with the original fittment and needless to say, you're on tight budget. Otherwise you can go for recon tyres too for good quality at lower cost^^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience