Latest proton perdana

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Proton SC in Maluri got a waiting room and can see through the glass where we can see them working on our cars. I did went into the working area but no one actually shoo me away. So far okay but I'll never go back SC due to the price and waiting hours :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You mean the SOHC ones as well? :rolleyes:
From DOHC to SOHC.
Those old SOHC VTEC? ZC engine or something like that. Those are weaker than those DOHC variants in B series and H series VTEC engines but they still have more power than modern 1.5 litre cars now like Vios, City, Almera, Myvi 1.5, Mazda 2 and so on... :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Those old SOHC VTEC? ZC engine or something like that. Those are weaker than those DOHC variants in B series and H series VTEC engines but they still have more power than modern 1.5 litre cars now like Vios, City, Almera, Myvi 1.5, Mazda 2 and so on... :biggrin:
No no, the new SOHC in Civic. Same HP as previous FD2 but is using DOHC.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
haha, becoz one company survival, all malaysian suffer paying high prices of cars.

Truly 1Malaysia.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
We already know that long ago that High Tax Prices on Imported cars are to sustain Proton. Try remove all the tax and no one would even bother getting proton.
Probably some people might get Preve/Suprima for the turbocharged engine and lotus handling. A few Neo might be able to sell also, isn't it that you are a fan of Neo as well? For me, Inspira 1.8 manual is still worth getting even when tax is removed. No other C segment cars have manual transmission other than that one. Not including high performance C segment cars like Evo, WRX STI, FD2R and so on....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Probably some people might get Preve/Suprima for the turbocharged engine and lotus handling. A few Neo might be able to sell also, isn't it that you are a fan of Neo as well? For me, Inspira 1.8 manual is still worth getting even when tax is removed. No other C segment cars have manual transmission other than that one. Not including high performance C segment cars like Evo, WRX STI, FD2R and so on....
Fan of Neo, is cuz due to limited choice at that price range. I wouldn't choose a neo if got better options that I can afford actually :laugh:

Btw, saw a Ford Focus Rs for the 1st time in my life in front of me in Malaysia. Damn fast and nice sound when it accelerated...:love: Just can't believe what I see...Lime Green too.

Anyway, Proton knows well they cant compete with imported cars in terms of quality and reliability.
If the price of imported cars are at affordable price, no matter how cheap is a proton, there will be more imported cars on the road than proton today. Is not the price of proton cheaper or not, is the quality and reliability impression that they had given to the public all this while.

Yet Resale Value is bad for proton cars too.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
syukurlah malaysian got proton car to drive......:biggrin:

if not malaysian will ride kereta lembu oredi....:biggrin::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
syukurlah malaysian got proton car to drive......:biggrin:

if not malaysian will ride kereta lembu oredi....:biggrin::biggrin:
Could have got the Supra cheaper without those tax last time :bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Fan of Neo, is cuz due to limited choice at that price range. I wouldn't choose a neo if got better options that I can afford actually :laugh:

Btw, saw a Ford Focus Rs for the 1st time in my life in front of me in Malaysia. Damn fast and nice sound when it accelerated...:love: Just can't believe what I see...Lime Green too.

Anyway, Proton knows well they cant compete with imported cars in terms of quality and reliability.
If the price of imported cars are at affordable price, no matter how cheap is a proton, there will be more imported cars on the road than proton today. Is not the price of proton cheaper or not, is the quality and reliability impression that they had given to the public all this while.

Yet Resale Value is bad for proton cars too.
I vote for rebadged Proton cars. :biggrin: In a way, it's kinda like buying CKD cars.

Could have got the Supra cheaper without those tax last time :bawling:
The roadtax and maintenance for the 2JZ-GTE will burn a hole in your wallet for sure. Sometimes, even when many of these performance cars are cheap, the cost of maintaining it can be expensive. Buying is easy, maintaining it is hard. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I vote for rebadged Proton cars. :biggrin: In a way, it's kinda like buying CKD cars.

The roadtax and maintenance for the 2JZ-GTE will burn a hole in your wallet for sure. Sometimes, even when many of these performance cars are cheap, the cost of maintaining it can be expensive. Buying is easy, maintaining it is hard. :banghead:
I don't mind getting Honda Accord though...sorry I mean Proton Accord. :rolleyes:

Yup, buying is easy, even now at RM70k-90K can get a Supra already, but now have to be in cash terms since the car is quite long already. No matter how old it gets, still really my dream car. :love:

Hope I can get it before all the parts discontinued for this legendary straight six monster.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I don't mind getting Honda Accord though...sorry I mean Proton Accord. :rolleyes:

Yup, buying is easy, even now at RM70k-90K can get a Supra already, but now have to be in cash terms since the car is quite long already. No matter how old it gets, still really my dream car. :love:

Hope I can get it before all the parts discontinued for this legendary straight six monster.
Now it is difficult to find a used Supra in good condition considering the age of the car.
You are working already, this should be faster for you to achieve your goal than me. I still have many more years to wait to get the car that I like. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now it is difficult to find a used Supra in good condition considering the age of the car.
You are working already, this should be faster for you to achieve your goal than me. I still have many more years to wait to get the car that I like. :banghead:
Not necessary la, some may be working 1st, but a lot manage to overtake those working 1st in terms of income and goals achieved.

Good condition, I think won't be hard, since I think owners of Supra would take real good care of them, they love the car only would buy and keep it till date. Just finding someone to sell it nowadays is not that common anymore. Also if on sale, it wont be on sale for long if price is right.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not necessary la, some may be working 1st, but a lot manage to overtake those working 1st in terms of income and goals achieved.

Good condition, I think won't be hard, since I think owners of Supra would take real good care of them, they love the car only would buy and keep it till date. Just finding someone to sell it nowadays is not that common anymore. Also if on sale, it wont be on sale for long if price is right.
I think it all depends on what job you get and whether you get the opportunity or not. Sometimes, qualifications really doesn't matter much anymore once a person is in the working force.

I've seen a few Supra on street with pretty bad looking condition. Not all owners take good care of their cars. Look at this.

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think it all depends on what job you get and whether you get the opportunity or not. Sometimes, qualifications really doesn't matter much anymore once a person is in the working force.

I've seen a few Supra on street with pretty bad looking condition. Not all owners take good care of their cars. Look at this.

Damn seriously, I never came across a bad condition supra like this. Except one which was abandoned somewhere in a housing area in Mont Kiara but is no longer there anymore, either tow to chop shop or owner sold to someone who can afford to rebuild it.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Damn seriously, I never came across a bad condition supra like this. Except one which was abandoned somewhere in a housing area in Mont Kiara but is no longer there anymore, either tow to chop shop or owner sold to someone who can afford to rebuild it.
maybe the owner waiting to finish his project kottt