CR-Z talk

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That 18k discount really made me very tempted to get one, haha.. But in the end changed my mind. I knew one day I will regret this.
Really tempting as well :rofl:
I should go have a look :laugh:

jceh

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
Damansara Jaya
Dude, I've tried a friendly test with a friends crz. I trounce top speed but acceleration I'm eating dust. Myvi 1.5 auto goes likes its ass is on fire when floored. Very little can out accelerate that car in the same segment or next. But I'd rather be slower and stable than fast and have a high center of gravity.

And lets all just drop ixeos 'friendly' attitude as we know his character is like that. So either live with it or ignore him or be done with it. But we all can agree he's harmless and he's not all talk btw.
Agreed..stability is of outmost importance to me too.. I've tried vmax on a CRZ before and it went hovering around 200-210kmh... i reckon that's the max for a 1500cc?!?!

I'm sure ixeos is not all talk hence I respecta..

I dont understand as well. Ya heard of that RM18K discount... means around 90K+
If i'm not wrong the 2012 manual CRZ was repriced to RM119k before the RM18k discount..

myvi 1.5 did tailgate me at 180 kmh.. shit fast..
i wanna try a myvi1.5 so badly now...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agreed..stability is of outmost importance to me too.. I've tried vmax on a CRZ before and it went hovering around 200-210kmh... i reckon that's the max for a 1500cc?!?!

I'm sure ixeos is not all talk hence I respecta..

If i'm not wrong the 2012 manual CRZ was repriced to RM119k before the RM18k discount..

If RM119K and then that's the ori price of the Manual CR-Z when it was on sale before the new models right? Which new models now cost more than that if not wrong.

means only paying about RM101K for CR-Z. Quite a reasonable price then.

U would want to test the 1.5 myvi, a friend told me a myvi 1.5 vs eg b16A, starting line. Myvi was kinda ahead of the eg instead. Then after awhile only manage to overtake it. If that's what I recall correctly. Is stock and is Auto. Cant remember the full agenda of it though.

What my friend said was it is amazing for a 1.5Myvi. How stable i dunno la.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It's only good for straight line with no cross winds. CR-Z's handling is much better, stock to stock.

I've always wondered how people speed in Myvi's. Their balls must be larger than their brain.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It's only good for straight line with no cross winds. CR-Z's handling is much better, stock to stock.

I've always wondered how people speed in Myvi's. Their balls must be larger than their brain.
I always ask myself that question too and I don't seem to get the right answer. Each time I see one, it will be different answer altogether...and wonder how much they step on the pedal to actually speed up. FC must be real bad by then.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
i think myvi took off fast due to big dissplacement and very lightweight chasis.. my frend did try his myvi 1.5 manual just took out from perodua shop, floor pedal and get 180 kmh. but only last like seconds when he feel the car like flying.. and the brake sucks too need upgrade..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i think myvi took off fast due to big dissplacement and very lightweight chasis.. my frend did try his myvi 1.5 manual just took out from perodua shop, floor pedal and get 180 kmh. but only last like seconds when he feel the car like flying.. and the brake sucks too need upgrade..
Agree that Myvi and Alza brake sucks...but I somehow find Kelisa brakes are better than those 2.
At least it bites, unlike Myvi and Alza is like is not biting much...

Ya light chassis that's why lots speeding in it and not knowing that is not stable..

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hahah... that's so true bro SF. my close frend did asking me day by day what brake kit to install on his alza.. i told him just take my stock brake n install and pls shut up.. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nothing will be proven or mean anything until you've eaten Pocketrockets CRZ dust. Then you'll know how slow your car is in comparison. :biggrin:

silverboys

Sep 16, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Some say, remove the battery then you will know whether it is fast or not :rofl:

Some additional power also comes from the battery, once battery is drained then is just a normal 1.5L car.

I admit it is fast for a 1.5L.

No offense, by removing the Batt, izit u r removing a turbo engine from a R35??

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, I've tried a friendly test with a friends crz. I trounce top speed but acceleration I'm eating dust. Myvi 1.5 auto goes likes its ass is on fire when floored. Very little can out accelerate that car in the same segment or next. But I'd rather be slower and stable than fast and have a high center of gravity.

And lets all just drop ixeos 'friendly' attitude as we know his character is like that. So either live with it or ignore him or be done with it. But we all can agree he's harmless and he's not all talk btw.
Then I choose to ignore , since his attitude so annoying, and gain no respect for me whatsoever causes.

My friend own a Mk5 GTI, and CRZ, he say CRZ had better handling.
Another friend own Subaru, and buy CRZ purposely modified for track, as he is regular racer (tengku Jhan friend).
If u talking about power, speed, or torque , I don't think CRZ have it. 1.5 with hybrid, cannot expect too much for it.

silverboys

Sep 16, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm.sounds interesting ...I'm getting my in 2-3 days time (working days).

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Some people like to bash the little CRZ for reasons I don't quite understand, haha... Anyway, latest info from Honda SA, 2012 CRZ (old stock) has 18k discount :eek: and 2013 CRZ has got 6k discount.
Bro..adding on into that, is 2012 AM is discount 13k

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Some people like to bash the little CRZ for reasons I don't quite understand, haha... Anyway, latest info from Honda SA, 2012 CRZ (old stock) has 18k discount :eek: and 2013 CRZ has got 6k discount.
Bro..adding on into that, is 2012 AM is discount 13k

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

According to Honda sale guys..is only for this month..but it could be Bullsht. Perhaps every sale man said the same.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Hi Guys,
Pls do let me know on TT event.pls. lets share knowledge.

Hi guys, Any follow up on this?
I would to suggest to meet up next week Thursday.. I leave in puchong...any 1 interested?
If interested then we'll define the venue later.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all zth members.... my friend had a problem with his gearbox since he B.O.T. .. two times oledy his gearbox BBo0oo0mm!!!.... so, what type of turbo gearbox he can use ????? pls give your suggestion coz he need urgently... tq.. :smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience