Want 2 modified my dad's toyota unser 1.8gli

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
I think he want to power slide kaw2 in corner.
I didn't drive an unser before but a toyota liteace van 1.8.

Drop 3rd gear direct wheel lock behind.:vroam:
The problem is just the vehicle heavy.:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think he want to power slide kaw2 in corner.
I didn't drive an unser before but a toyota liteace van 1.8.

Drop 3rd gear direct wheel lock behind.:vroam:
The problem is just the vehicle heavy.:biggrin:
Want to do drifting or power sliding, go for KE70 is better.
Unser had a high ground clearance and high center point of gravity. If some mishap happens, the car will turn turtle easily. Besides, TS mentioned his unser is using automatic instead of manual.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Some put in 1G-GE if i recall correctly. But then, Unser is not a car that I find worth modding unless you just want more torque for the car.

But then lots of things to change besides engine and TS is only 15 years old. Don't think he can afford any of this or just ask out of curiousity.
put in a 34 year engine? zzz

change car already la. don't waste money on the unser. it's a heavy fuel guzzler like what dan already mentioned. i borrowed the car for a weekend. Only clocked 300+ km on the highway, and i was driving light footed. imagine how much fuel this car drinks.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

change car already la. don't waste money on the unser. it's a heavy fuel guzzler like what dan already mentioned. i borrowed the car for a weekend. Only clocked 300+ km on the highway, and i was driving light footed. imagine how much fuel this car drinks.
The TS mentioned the unser belongs to his dad, so not him paying for the fuel. LOL :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Haha! Not exactly recommending that engine just saying someone did put in that engine :rofl:

Unser is not worth modding as mentioned best get a better car.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Just like Izso, I've driven the Unser during my study time not fully mine just drove it to deliver things around. I have driven both model the 1st Gen and the facelifted one but both in Manual only. The gear throw is damn long..like driving lorry...Hahahaha

To say the Unser is underpower well its only half true la. The car is torqueky thanks to its tall gear ratio. For hauling purpose as it was widely used as delivery vans and passenger van.

The 3K engine is a very old school type they just converted it to EFI. 8 valve and any workshop knows how to repair it.

Just do an overhaul on the engine and if can swap in a MT. It's definitely better than the AT. For those guys over in Sabah convert to Diesel because they want more torque.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
later u will see Vr2turbo's son posting in zth.

"can AR70 turbine fit into my dad's Galant VR4?"

ahahaha....u never know...
hahahahahahaahha....:rofl::rofl: I like this, but then my son have never been interested in automotive.
However you might see my daughter posting that question.......:driver::driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hahahahahahaahha....:rofl::rofl: I like this, but then my son have never been interested in automotive.
However you might see my daughter posting that question.......:driver::driver:
Lol, opposite already. Son not interested in cars but the daughter is. :biggrin:

Noyl_4age

Jun 24, 2013
Sabah
Thanks u all.....now I think study n help my father to find the engine tat u guys suggested...I hope tat u all can gives comment when im posting new threads...

Thank you,

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Hehe my dad own an old ke30 can drift with stock 4k engine hahh?
Except he change it to 4age kan?
Then faster than his unser

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
later u will see Vr2turbo's son posting in zth.

"can AR70 turbine fit into my dad's Galant VR4?"

ahahaha....u never know...
Dude, you obviously have not met his family. The daughter we all treat as sifu guru besar ok! Father is tayarking. She is his right-hand-man!

Thanks u all.....now I think study n help my father to find the engine tat u guys suggested...I hope tat u all can gives comment when im posting new threads...

Thank you,

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Hehe my dad own an old ke30 can drift with stock 4k engine hahh?
Except he change it to 4age kan?
Then faster than his unser
Dude, I used to be in the same situation as you. Large family, Toyota Unser and lack of power. The Unser was 9 years old going to 10 and had never been serviced before (other than belt and oil changes) and it was an auto. I modified a few things (like the fan suggestion I told you earlier.. makes a huge difference) and did a top overhaul with a slight skim job and hey presto the Unser suddenly had new found life. But the suspension was so wobbly so the absorbers and springs had to be changed. Then the brakes - jeez. Swapped out all the brake hoses, changed Ferodo zero pads (which was extremely rare!) bleeded and changed the oil. Acceptable braking after that.

If you up the power for the car - be prepared to spend a lot of money upping the handling and braking because a car with that much more power without handling will be a boat on wheels, ie - hard to stop and downright dangerous.

That diesel engine swap is a good idea but that's way too much torque for stock suspension and braking. And I don't believe it's a direct swap. A look at the layout on Google, I think the engine mounts will need to be modified and I suspect you'll have a hard time approving that at JPJ.

Oh btw, if you ever decide to scrap the Unser, install that auto engine into the KE30 and flyyyyyyyyyyy

Reactions: alcyon

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
dun ar....with SF aka buaya king around its dangerous....haha :biggrin:
Bugger tiba-tiba put me on table :rofl:
Already met his daughter la bro. His daughter is really sifu or all sifu man. Felt embarrass that
a girl actually knows more than me man...

Her future husband would be very lucky haha! Cuz she knows cars well.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Bugger tiba-tiba put me on table :rofl:
Already met his daughter la bro. His daughter is really sifu or all sifu man. Felt embarrass that
a girl actually knows more than me man...

Her future husband would be very lucky haha! Cuz she knows cars well.
yeah lucky...wife is knowledgable bout cars, father in-law is tayarking, summore drive VR4....:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah lucky...wife is knowledgable bout cars, father in-law is tayarking, summore drive VR4....:adore:
Ya get a good wife and get a great legend as father in law...how perfect. But then you still
can't get to choose the car you want since she knows a lot. She gets to decide to :rofl:

But pros is that it will still be a performance car even though she has the say instead :laugh:
Cons, you can't hide any modifications from her. She will know. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.. I'm new here. Could you guys tell me if I might come across any side effect of switching transmission from an Auto Putra to a Manual one?

And also, usually it costs about how much? Thanks to all the sifu out there.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience