True cost of maintaining a sports car? GTR, Z, Merc SLK

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Helps only until the battery runs out and is gonna be just normal 1.5L 2 door car.

Yup is not a plug & play to transplant a K20A, most are opt for Superchargers instead.

Depends on how much you willing to spend :biggrin:
Supercharger kits from HKS and Jackson Racing available for the CR-Z.
Basic ones that I see reaches 140HP with the kit.

But like i said depends on how much u willing to spend. More upgrades for the car.

Here is some read for you to have a look. :biggrin: Up to 300PS also got but additional mods of course.

HKS Europe - News

HKS GT SUPERCHARGER SET UP KIT
Thanks for sharing he links, haha. If it can reach 300PS, then it is more powerful than K20A already. But the cost of tuning a CR-Z to reach 300PS is going to be very expensive for sure. Probably cost half the price of a new CR-Z already.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I once went to Pavillion before and i saw F430, F430 Spider, 911 Turbo and 911 Turbo Cabriolet parked at there. And, like what you said, many people are taking pictures with the F430 and most people ignored the 911 Turbo. I did the opposite and took a picture with the 911 Turbo :biggrin:
Lotus cars are renowned for their good handling. But I feel that they are a little bit small and most of them are having a very track car oriented interior which is not really that comfortable for daily use. If the Lotus cars are cheap, then it can be forgiven but considering the hefty price tag you paid for a brand new Lotus, I expect it to be more well equipped inside. Lotus is a good track car but it is not really an all rounder car.
That is why I said Porsche are for the purist. The Evora at least look bigger than the Elise or Exige but the GTR still dwarfed 'em. I have driven the entry level Evora overseas about a year ago and it's surprisingly very comfortable going cross country.
Once upon a time in MP Melaka, there is this yellow Elise car on display on main entrance, and I overheard a kid next to me asking his dad to buy him that cool remote control car :rofl:
Btw, RS4 is a bloody good car too as unlike 'kitted' M3, M5 or Brabus and AMGs which can fool the eyes and ear of average joe like me, I have not see a 'kitted' RS4 around in our shore yet.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for sharing he links, haha. If it can reach 300PS, then it is more powerful than K20A already. But the cost of tuning a CR-Z to reach 300PS is going to be very expensive for sure. Probably cost half the price of a new CR-Z already.
That's why if your pocket is deep, is always possible :biggrin:

That is why I said Porsche are for the purist. The Evora at least look bigger than the Elise or Exige but the GTR still dwarfed 'em. I have driven the entry level Evora overseas about a year ago and it's surprisingly very comfortable going cross country.
Once upon a time in MP Melaka, there is this yellow Elise car on display on main entrance, and I overheard a kid next to me asking his dad to buy him that cool remote control car :rofl:
Btw, RS4 is a bloody good car too as unlike 'kitted' M3, M5 or Brabus and AMGs which can fool the eyes and ear of average joe like me, I have not see a 'kitted' RS4 around in our shore yet.
Try testing the new Exige S which is actually using Evora V6 engine but lighter body.
0-100km/h at 3.8secs :top:

Says worth more than buying a 911 Porsche or something like that mentioned by the reviewer
When it can perform that well. Is like buying a porsche at a cheaper price. Not stated by me :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I've seen kitted S4.
By the way, I like your quote about Elise being a remote control car.

That's why if your pocket is deep, is always possible :biggrin:

Try testing the new Exige S which is actually using Evora V6 engine but lighter body.
0-100km/h at 3.8secs :top:

Says worth more than buying a 911 Porsche or something like that mentioned by the reviewer
When it can perform that well. Is like buying a porsche at a cheaper price. Not stated by me :rofl:
But doesn't come with the comfort of Porsche. But performance can be close.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I've seen kitted S4.
By the way, I like your quote about Elise being a remote control car.

But doesn't come with the comfort of Porsche. But performance can be close.
Not sure about the comfort, got to test drive one to know for sure. But the price of new
Exige S can easily get you a R35. Priced around RM390K - RM400K

Cuz not necessary the more you pay the better it is. R35 has already proven that :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not sure about the comfort, got to test drive one to know for sure. But the price of new
Exige S can easily get you a R35. Priced around RM390K - RM400K

Cuz not necessary the more you pay the better it is. R35 has already proven that :biggrin:
But the R35 you get is recond R35. But it is still powerful enough. But most of the reconds here are the original 2008 model. Very difficult to spot a facelifted R35 around. Like the new 2012 R35 with 542hp upgrade. Lately, it also seemed like R35 does not really looked like the car for JDM cars enthusiast anymore unlike R32, R33 and R34. For those people who owned the older cars, they do look like they really are into modifying their cars and they do know what to do with it. For R35, many owners just looked like some rich people(not really a fan of JDM) and they simply just buy their car and ride it just like that.
The status of GT-R is changing.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But the R35 you get is recond R35. But it is still powerful enough. But most of the reconds here are the original 2008 model. Very difficult to spot a facelifted R35 around. Like the new 2012 R35 with 542hp upgrade. Lately, it also seemed like R35 does not really looked like the car for JDM cars enthusiast anymore unlike R32, R33 and R34. For those people who owned the older cars, they do look like they really are into modifying their cars and they do know what to do with it. For R35, many owners just looked like some rich people(not really a fan of JDM) and they simply just buy their car and ride it just like that.
The status of GT-R is changing.
I somehow felt a bit like Dejavu here :confused: Like we have talked about this before or something
:dontknow:

:rofl: Anyway, ya cuz in stock like u said the new one already hit 542hp. So most would find that
it has enough power to even need to mod it further. Enough to compete with many.

Fast enough for them. Even there are rumors or possibility of the revival of Toyota Supra
but this time in Hybrid version which has 400hp+. BUt then is hybrid. More electronic components.

BUt on which car to get either the GTR, Z or SLK. If money not a problem, I would choose GTR35

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Dead TS,
From what i have experienced before, parts availability is a BIG issue for rare cars in malaysia. :) do take that into consideration.
I had to source for my suby parts directly from sg and it took almost 2 weeks for the whole process.
A friend of mine who drives a fairly new passat cc had to get his fuel pump and the original chrome bumper strips from germany.
In my mech's place, there's an mg convertible whose owner ordered most of the engine parts all the way from england. so yeah.
point is, even if you have the money, will you wait the wait?
(not sure bout more popular cars like the TT and GTR tho. probably wouldnt be as bad.)

IMO you should still have a reliable backup incase something in your car decides to fail.

Regardless of what i said above, im still in the process of getting my true love! ;)

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I somehow felt a bit like Dejavu here :confused: Like we have talked about this before or something
:dontknow:

:rofl: Anyway, ya cuz in stock like u said the new one already hit 542hp. So most would find that
it has enough power to even need to mod it further. Enough to compete with many.

Fast enough for them. Even there are rumors or possibility of the revival of Toyota Supra
but this time in Hybrid version which has 400hp+. BUt then is hybrid. More electronic components.

BUt on which car to get either the GTR, Z or SLK. If money not a problem, I would choose GTR35
We did. I forgot which thread but we talked about modern cars having more electronic assist and it makes certain drivers become over confident of their driving abilities. I think that was in the 'Choices of Project car' thread.

With so many features being well made in R35, it feels like it has lost it's traditional characteristics of being a good car to modify. It's like you don't really need to modify it anymore.

Ah yes, I've heard about Supra's revival as well. I can't wait for the trio battle of R35's successor against new NSX and the new Supra. And hopefully, Toyota will include manual transmission as well.

Haha, R35 is the fastest one over the list you've made. But also the most thirsty one in fuel consumption. I prefer LFA more than R35 but the price of LFA is... :banghead:
Did anyone of you heard about the black recond LFA that has arrived in KL lately? It's for sale at around 1.8m if I am not mistaken. :adore: hail the LFA
2011 Lexus LF-A Kuala Lumpur, RM 1,898,000 - oto.my

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Close to RM1.9mil without tax.
The LF-A is a real beauty of single clutch. A true masterpiece!
LFA is definitely a Japanese legend in the automotive world. If the rumored new Supra came out, I really like to see how will it fare against the LFA.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
We did. I forgot which thread but we talked about modern cars having more electronic assist and it makes certain drivers become over confident of their driving abilities. I think that was in the 'Choices of Project car' thread.

With so many features being well made in R35, it feels like it has lost it's traditional characteristics of being a good car to modify. It's like you don't really need to modify it anymore.

Ah yes, I've heard about Supra's revival as well. I can't wait for the trio battle of R35's successor against new NSX and the new Supra. And hopefully, Toyota will include manual transmission as well.

Haha, R35 is the fastest one over the list you've made. But also the most thirsty one in fuel consumption. I prefer LFA more than R35 but the price of LFA is... :banghead:
Did anyone of you heard about the black recond LFA that has arrived in KL lately? It's for sale at around 1.8m if I am not mistaken. :adore: hail the LFA
2011 Lexus LF-A Kuala Lumpur, RM 1,898,000 - oto.my
LFA is definitely a Japanese legend in the automotive world. If the rumored new Supra came out, I really like to see how will it fare against the LFA.
NSX might have chances against the R35 but I won't put hopes or bets on the New Supra even though it would most probably churns out 400HP+. Because rumors or news said is gonna be a Hybrid Supra.

Not a super car like LFA, R35 and NSX. Really a let down if Toyota are gonna destroy
the new successor of Supra like that.

I mean why the hell a Performance car needed to be in Hybrid..if it is meant to save fuel, is not gonna be in a Supra....:banghead: The power it has is also because of the electronic assist from the battery. Gonna end up like CR-Z later....:banghead: Battery finish then become a normal 1.5L...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh hello.. Audi Etron and the upcoming hybrid performance Porsche that was showcased sometime last year (forgot the name).. they are not slow cars ok. And nor is the Panamera Hybrid. Or the Cayenne hybrid. The motors assist the petrol engine to making more power.

Ok what.

Unless you're telling me toyota is planning on implementing the Prius system into the new Supra.. I look forward to see what Toyota can do. LFA as their bench mark and Porsche as their targets. Why not?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Eh hello.. Audi Etron and the upcoming hybrid performance Porsche that was showcased sometime last year (forgot the name).. they are not slow cars ok. And nor is the Panamera Hybrid. Or the Cayenne hybrid. The motors assist the petrol engine to making more power.

Ok what.

Unless you're telling me toyota is planning on implementing the Prius system into the new Supra.. I look forward to see what Toyota can do. LFA as their bench mark and Porsche as their targets. Why not?
Because still find that if they just do some upgrades on the 2JZ-GTE or revive that engine with
better modern tech, that will be great. :smile:

Electronic Assist will still drain out the battery wor....like CR-Z once finsh battery power then rely
on engine power only...

Well, let's wait and see then what Toyota has to offer with the new successor then. LF-A, R35, even
new NSX are not gonna be Hybrid platform.

I know is not slow the new porsche which they proven to the world. Extra cost to maintain it too.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Because still find that if they just do some upgrades on the 2JZ-GTE or revive that engine with
better modern tech, that will be great. :smile:
Haha..there is no chance the new Supra (or any other future model) will be built around a relatively ancient engine as the 2JZ.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone willing to share their experience after transplant into 4G91/4G92/4G93?

This could helpful when there are ppl which consider transplant their "PROTXX" car into MITSUBITSHI engine.... :shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience