Laptop Detector - Is This True ?

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Receive an email from a friend, there is this laptop detector now available in the market from China. Donno true or not, make your own conclusion, just hope its not.

this is from the email:

Dear All,

For sharing information purposes especially those who are using notebook, here is a sample device which detect notebook in a hidden place (i.e.: in a car). For those who have never heard of it, attached below are the pictures of the detector:

Even with the WIFI (wireless), Bluetooth or the entire notebook is completely off, it can still be detected via radio frequency. Therefore never leave your notebook, PDA (Personal Digital Assistance) , mobile phone or any valuable electronic devices in the car. These devices are not expensive, it costs less than RM50 for the thieves to start the "business".

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
thought they detect the CMOS batt...

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
yes its proven to worked already
even they can detect whether u had gps in ur car or not!

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
looks like a device from GHOSTBUSTERS :P

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
The 2nd pic look like a speed trap jammer.

Is there anyway to fool the device?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
there's one dude in marketplace selling a radar detector...interesting, but scared to buy...hehe

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
can u find out whether this gadget really works?
I just saw the device in a glimpse never thought of testing it coz im not into 'criminal mind' :biggrin:

Never tested but already few cases happen to family & friends where they specifically target & break cars with laptop/mobile phone & didnt touch car in front or behind it.....left d car for less than 5 minutes pon kena :mad:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
haiz..the never ending fear of your car getting broken into just gets worse day by day.

Lumar is an alternative?? too costly...can buy a new laptop with that.

calvint78

Mar 14, 2006
JB
HEAR THis before and is true. this device detect any leftover battery current in ur laptop, normally laptop will have high frequency so when they detect, then ur car windscreen or doorglass will be break. this what happen to some of my customer.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow

TENMA - PSA2701T - Spectrum Analyzer

http://www.newark.com/jsp/Test+&+Measureme...requestid=86979

1MHz to 2.7GHz Spectrum Analysis in the palm of your hand

Pittsford, NY: PSA2701T is an entirely new type of instrument that utilizes the power of a handheld computer to provide every engineer the opportunity to own a powerful 2.7GHz spectrum analyzer. Weighing about a pound, PSA2701T offers sweep modes of continuous, single, peak hold and average (up to 256 sweeps) with unlimited storage for waveforms, set-ups and fully annotated screens under user defined file names.

PSA2701T is built around a Palm T|X handheld computer, so data transfer to a PC for analysis, documentation and printing is easy via the built-in mini USB connector. Additional benefits which this built-in computer brings include Wi-Fi (802.11b), Bluetooth 1.1 and Infrared interfaces. Bitmap images of the whole screen can be stored for viewing or printing. Now you can have a versatile tool for recording site documentation too, since applications like word processing and spreadsheets, contacts and appointments, multi-function calculator, picture viewing, audio and video players, plus web and email access via WiFi and Bluetooth, can all run on PSA2701T, making it an extremely versatile service tool.

PSA2701T offers professional specifications, with -93dBm typical noise floor,

-20 or 0dBm reference level, a zero span mode with AM and FM audio demodulation, and resolution bandwidths of 1MHz, 280kHz, 15kHz. PSA2701s sweep parameters can be set as ‘centre plus span or ‘start plus stop to 1 kHz resolution. A ‘zero span mode with AM or FM demodulation is also provided. Stored reference traces can be displayed simultaneously with live trace, clearly differentiated by color, the reference trace being automatically shifted and scaled to match the current sweep parameters when they are changed. Control of the compact 6.7” x 3.8” x 1.85” analyzer is by soft keys on the touch screen, or by using the handhelds hard keys.

PSA2701T is a cost effective, highly portable tool, allowing a spectrum analyzer to go to areas that have traditionally been a problem to access with bench top instruments. WiFi and RFID site testing are expected to be popular uses for the PSA2701T, but EMC and RF/clock interference can be quickly evaluated too.

Made by one of Europes leading test equipment manufacturers Thurlby Thandar Instruments, PSA2701T is available now from stock at $1999 from Saelig Co. Inc.

Bump:

http://www.shopwiki.com/_rmr-dls340+radar
Price Range:$85 — $229 Average Price:$143 —— DETECTS ALL RADAR BANDS (X, K, KA, SUPERWIDE); DETECTS ALL LASER RADAR; DETECTS VG-2 & VG-3; SAFETY ALERT (SA) & SAFETY WARNING SYSTEM (SWS); WARNS DRIVERS OF THE PRESENCE OF POTENTIAL ROAD HAZARDS BY DETECTING SIGNALS FROM SAFETY RADAR TRANSMITTING DEVICES; DENSE DIGITAL INTEGRATION (DDI); CITY/HIGHWAY USE; MUTE, DIM & LAST SETTING MEMORY FUNCTIONS; SIGNAL STRENGTH METER; 360º DETECTION; SELECTABLE ALERT TONES; ICON DISPLAY; SCRAMBLES ALL LASER RADAR

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car have idling problem every morning.
My gearbox is auto.
The car always have high vibration when the car stop on "D".
But this problem go away when is afternoon or at night.
There is no problem for this until i had install turbo.

Could it be:

1) at idle speed, i believe that turbo is turning and i guess there is extra air entering into engine cause too learn?
2) at idle speed, i believe that the inlet pipe is too long and cause less air, so insufficient air into engine cause...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience