May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I bought a Autometer AFR meter
went to wiring shop
showed them my ecu diagram

then tapped the signal from the ECU o2 sensor
but im getting lean all the way
even start engine showing lean only

anyone experience here to see what i have done wrong in the wiring. Must I tap straight from the o2 sensor ?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
to tap from the sensor wire (NTK Japan 3F25)... the black one is positive, gray is negative. Don't use body ground.. won't be accurate.

It's always nicer to have a proper adaptor/socket, instead of cutting the wire. My friend know where to get it but need to order in bulk...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
hah! common misconception.
O2 sensor must be warmed up before that AF Ratio Meter can function lah..
u go drive around for 10mins.. den u see carefully.... it is working already. if ur engine start and only warmed up at idle it is useless also.. must drive around...

eh..and the diagram is for 4G93 la bro.. your car is 4G63 where got same?? same ah??
hehehe.. that is the diagram i provide.. :D

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If O2 has 1 wire... need to warm up first. I'm using AutoMeter also on 4G63. Tap 1 wire directly to O2 sensor itself. Normally, I'll wait around 2 mins b4 driving. Works ok.

But, after a while, the meter start showing dancing LEDs... sign of dirty O2 sensor or faulty sensor.

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
yup...my o2 sensor needs warming up as well b4 the AFR gives any signal

the dancing LEDs is normal cos the ECU is operating under closed-loop to constantly monitor combustion and fuel parameter to achieve stoichiometric A/F ratio.

Mine used to dance as well till i changed to a 1st gen ECU without o2 sensor and EPROM. It only shows lean under closed-loop and operates under WOT

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
ok... since we had this topics... here i gladly like to know is there any forumers using this guage on mitsu 5537 ECU??? where u tap the signal from... or rather how's your wiring looks like???

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
just installed my AFR meter yesterday. took me 3 hours hahaha to get it done. Most of the time I spent on korek2 the lobang for the A pillar meter mounting. Here is the result: (after 02 sensor has heated up)

The meter shows lean at idle all the time.
At WOT, it shows rich (like stated in the manual).
When cruising, it dances around Stoichiometric area. This is due to the ECU constantly trying to make the engine running stoich (according to manual).
When decelerating, no LED at all.

By the way, I tapped the 02 signal from ECU (the closest to it) since the manual recommended NOT to tap from the sensor (most of sensor wires are shielded).

Last edited:

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
fuiyooo..someone got afr liao...autometer ka?? i oso considering to get one..love the autometer cobalt series..how complicated is the wiring process ar??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I have write this letter for kawal selia for the pass 3 years from my brother GTTi engine change, Toyata SEG and Toyota SE. last my car engine change. So to help you all, if the conversion it is with in JPJ regulation. So far no problem and might help you all there.

Make sure all the documentation in good order and willing to wait for 1 month for the reaplly from them.

Owner Name
Owner Address,
Owner Address...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience