• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
PutraCraze said:
ok... since we had this topics... here i gladly like to know is there any forumers using this guage on mitsu 5537 ECU??? where u tap the signal from... or rather how's your wiring looks like???
Mitsu 5537 (step 0) ECU user here....
Got mine tap directly to the o2 sensor but can't remember the colour code. It was done long ago. Should be either blue or white wire.

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
aiks.... 5537 got 02 sensor kah....... u mean u tap the signal from ecu izzit???

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
nope.......my 1st ECU with o2 sensor kong, now running on 5537.
Original step 0 ECU have no o2 sensor and signal wiring.

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I got an Autometer AFR from a forummer (FarinaRacer) here. Used but looks like new. Got one week warranty summore. Installation is rather straight. Just tap to ignition, ground it and tap to 02 signal near the ECU. If you get a cobalt series one, there's an extra wire for in dash light. Mine no lampu at night but still happy can see dancing LEDs at stoich. At lower RPMs and throttle around 30%, it shows lean. Should I worry ?

wildboar said:
fuiyooo..someone got afr liao...autometer ka?? i oso considering to get one..love the autometer cobalt series..how complicated is the wiring process ar??

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to interrupt but since is brought up. Anyone have done DIY wiring for Siemens ECU? MInd to share?

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
hi all...

just sharing infos...

there's 2 way to get the signal....

straight to the o2 sensor wiring or straight to the ecu...

habis cerita... the rest is up to you...it doesnt matter what ecu you are using....

delphi, revving 30% still lean ka??
i would say that it's dangerous...try adjust your AFP to higher psi....else check your plug...both pun takbleh..maybe yoour sensor dirty...just that

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
yeah.. sometimes at 2.5k RPM @ 80km/h oso shows lean. I also suspect a dirty sensor. Plug just changed 2 weeks back and I dont have adjustable fuel pressure regulator so at the moment increasing fuel pressure (errr.. you are talking about this right?) is beyond reach. I can oni try cleaning the sensor lah. how to clean aa? Can I just use petrol? Water? Detergent?

My car is pinging quite bad.My ride is 1.8 Mivec by the way.

rorytate said:
hi all...

just sharing infos...

there's 2 way to get the signal....

straight to the o2 sensor wiring or straight to the ecu...

habis cerita... the rest is up to you...it doesnt matter what ecu you are using....

delphi, revving 30% still lean ka??
i would say that it's dangerous...try adjust your AFP to higher psi....else check your plug...both pun takbleh..maybe yoour sensor dirty...just that

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
err.. how do I gauge the fuel pressure? tap a gauge by a T connection at the FPR? hmm.. I think I just get an adjustable FPR with meter. what pressure should be enough? Or i just keep adjusting until I get the right reading from the air fuel ratio meter?
oh ya.. by the way, my ride is Mivec 1.8. Satria body.
GSR block, Mivec piston.

I heard somewhere that changing to a standard 1.6/1.8 piston is better.
Can I change fuel pump instead of putting and adjustable FPR to increase pressure?
errr.. i guess the cost is more .

rorytate said:
before cleaning your sensor, suggest get a gauge to monitor your fuel pressure...

it also could mean that your fuel pressure is weak..

what car are you driving? some specs could be helpful

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
dude, i think u can check ur fuel pump condition with the MUT..cos when i checked my car last month (at tau chooi), he said my fuel pump was weak and not supplying enuf fuel..he was puzzled cos i said my fuel consumption was high but my fuel pressure low, so fuel consumption should be low...i oso garu kepala..partly becos of this, i wanna get an afr to monitor..takut my fuel pump reli not supplying enuf and running lean all the time..

btw, he checked my car FOC but just a quickie..and adjusted my ignition timing a bit..mebe u could go kam cheng wif him..he might check for u FOC too..just chat chat wif him, ask for his advise & opinion..mebe u can persuade him to check for u FOC too..

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
wildboar said:
dude, i think u can check ur fuel pump condition with the MUT..cos when i checked my car last month (at tau chooi), he said my fuel pump was weak and not supplying enuf fuel..he was puzzled cos i said my fuel consumption was high but my fuel pressure low, so fuel consumption should be low...i oso garu kepala..partly becos of this, i wanna get an afr to monitor..takut my fuel pump reli not supplying enuf and running lean all the time..

btw, he checked my car FOC but just a quickie..and adjusted my ignition timing a bit..mebe u could go kam cheng wif him..he might check for u FOC too..just chat chat wif him, ask for his advise & opinion..mebe u can persuade him to check for u FOC too..

abang ter... where is at n normally how much he charge for MUT??? coz i wanna check is my abs sensor kong???

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Wildboar broo,

it's normal for high consumption even if it's low pressure. It happens te same way if it's high pressure as well.

the answer lies on your feet...the more you tekan, regardless high or low pressure, it's the foot that pedals down.

P.Craze,
it's always have pro and cons each way. You can change to higher flow rate fuel pump thus supplying more and enuff fuel for your car. Then you might flood your combustion chamber, and fuel consumption is higher.

IF you change to adj. FPR, you can adjust the pressure to be higher to supply the engine, but remember but increasing pressure on the FPR also means that there's pressure back to the fuel pump, thus making the fuel pump worn out faster. Image i close your mouth with my hand, but allowing you to breath.

you can consider both ways.

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
delphi,

you can buy a gauge, and install it by yourself. It's easy thing.

Put a T and tap it from the fuel filter to fuel rail.

The fuel pressure has to be right for your ride. Lack of pressure, leans out your engine and possibility of engine knocking is higher, also engine can blow. At low RPM should be fine, but at high RPM you lean out ALOT. If it's high pressured, low RPM you car will be sluggy, coz the combustion chamber is flooded with fuel. High rpm is ok lor. But makan minyak lor, coz we do not tekan every second also mah....

More info needed from your piston. What is the compression and size as in mm? MAx RPM? Can suggest a pressure for you but lack of infos....

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
oh soh soh.... soh desu ne.... so rory.... so to be sure, we should know the capacity of the fuel delivery system lah rite.... can show and example kah???

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I dont know much about the size. One thing for sure it's Mivec piston and I can notice the shape is a bit different (the top part is taller) compared to normal 1.6 piston. I think the diameter should be the same as normal 1.6 piston. 81mm perhaps? and I also know from discussion here it's a hi-compression piston. watever that means :P

from your suggestion to apply adjustable fuel regulator, it seems I'll be running hi FC. Is there anything that self adjusting according to throttle position or RPM or anthing like that. Is the term 'rising rate adjustable FPR' got anything to do with that?

rorytate said:
delphi,

you can buy a gauge, and install it by yourself. It's easy thing.

Put a T and tap it from the fuel filter to fuel rail.

The fuel pressure has to be right for your ride. Lack of pressure, leans out your engine and possibility of engine knocking is higher, also engine can blow. At low RPM should be fine, but at high RPM you lean out ALOT. If it's high pressured, low RPM you car will be sluggy, coz the combustion chamber is flooded with fuel. High rpm is ok lor. But makan minyak lor, coz we do not tekan every second also mah....

More info needed from your piston. What is the compression and size as in mm? MAx RPM? Can suggest a pressure for you but lack of infos....

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
PutraCraze said:
abang ter... where is at n normally how much he charge for MUT??? coz i wanna check is my abs sensor kong???
u shud know where tau chooi is ma..the pepper estate in tg tokong..dunno how much he usually charge cos dat was my 1st time checking wif MUT..but my rough guess wud be abt RM40 kua...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
wildboar said:
my fuel pump was weak and not supplying enuf fuel..he was puzzled cos i said my fuel consumption was high but my fuel pressure low, so fuel consumption should be low...i oso garu kepala..partly becos of this, i wanna get an afr to monitor..takut my fuel pump reli not supplying enuf and running lean all the time..
When fuel pressure is low, injector fuel spray pattern is poor and fuel is not throughly distributed inside the combustion chamber.

Much fuel is unburnt and blown out the exhaust.

U need good reasonable pressure and a balanced spary pattern from the injectors.

Have you checked injector spray pattern? Might be a good idea to take them for a sonic bath.

Last edited:

PutraCraze

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
dat's a fair price... to be frank.. i know where is pepper estate n i heard there got garang car.. yet i never go....

rorytate

4,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Errm, Putra craze, unsure what you want me to demo leh.... :P

Delphi, unsure about 1.6 but 81mm is 1.8 already. Yes the centre part is higgher thus creating a high compression. Maybe you can tell me about your compression? eg 13.0? or low like 10.1 or low compression piston is 8.5+-

What abang Joeker says is correct, you might wanna check it out first..Joeker, the bonnet still got a? My bonnet dented...KNNCCB

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:)

I take no responsibility from failures.... :)

disconnect battery b4 doing wiring works... unless u are very sure of what u are doin.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience