Why u are not rich

lukeraj

Known Member
Many people assume they aren't rich because they don't earn enough money. If I only earned a little more, I could save and invest better, they say.

The problem with that theory is they were probably making exactly the same argument before their last several raises. Becoming a millionaire has less to do with how much you make, it's how you treat money in your daily life.

The list of reasons you may not be rich doesn't end at 10. Caring what your neighbors think, not being patient, having bad habits, not having goals, not being prepared, trying to make a quick buck, relying on others to handle your money, investing in things you don't understand, being financially afraid and ignoring your finances.

Here are 10 more possible reasons you aren't rich:

You care what your car looks like: A car is a means of transportation to get from one place to another, but many people don't view it that way. Instead, they consider it a reflection of themselves and spend money every two years or so to impress others instead of driving the car for its entire useful life and investing the money saved.

You feel entitlement: If you believe you deserve to live a certain lifestyle, have certain things and spend a certain amount before you have earned to live that way, you will have to borrow money. That large chunk of debt will keep you from building wealth.

You lack diversification: There is a reason one of the oldest pieces of financial advice is to not keep all your eggs in a single basket. Having a diversified investment portfolio makes it much less likely that wealth will suddenly disappear.

You started too late: The magic of compound interest works best over long periods of time. If you find you're always saying there will be time to save and invest in a couple more years, you'll wake up one day to find retirement is just around the corner and there is still nothing in your retirement account.

You don't do what you enjoy: While your job doesn't necessarily need to be your dream job, you need to enjoy it. If you choose a job you don't like just for the money, you'll likely spend all that extra cash trying to relieve the stress of doing work you hate.

You don't like to learn: You may have assumed that once you graduated from college, there was no need to study or learn. That attitude might be enough to get you your first job or keep you employed, but it will never make you rich. A willingness to learn to improve your career and finances are essential if you want to eventually become wealthy.

You buy things you don't use: Take a look around your house, in the closets, basement, attic and garage and see if there are a lot of things you haven't used in the past year. If there are, chances are that all those things you purchased were wasted money that could have been used to increase your net worth.

You don't understand value: You buy things for any number of reasons besides the value that the purchase brings to you. This is not limited to those who feel the need to buy the most expensive items, but can also apply to those who always purchase the cheapest goods. Rarely are either the best value, and it's only when you learn to purchase good value that you have money left over to invest for your future.

Your house is too big: When you buy a house that is bigger than you can afford or need, you end up spending extra money on longer debt payments, increased taxes, higher upkeep and more things to fill it. Some people will try to argue that the increased value of the house makes it a good investment, but the truth is that unless you are willing to downgrade your living standards, which most people are not, it will never be a liquid asset or money that you can ever use and enjoy.

You fail to take advantage of opportunities: There has probably been more than one occasion where you heard about someone who has made it big and thought to yourself, "I could have thought of that." There are plenty of opportunities if you have the will and determination to keep your eyes open.

Guys let me have your input

Chhers.
Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with all of you,while we are adressing this issue we need to take controll of our own finances and how we can do that lets provide some tips for the benefit of all of us

Cheers

Fuelstisck with performance
Free fuelstick fuelsaver samples why stock last
www.fuelstick.com.my

another one u pay expensive petrol price higher than the world market oil price!

Still ok laa...i drive a car in HK and pay $6 ringgit /litre for normal petrol... one full tank on my ride cost $280 ringgit from my pocket and it only last for 380-400km if i keep the super charger off. So in average, my car burn a glass of teh tarik in mamak on every km it travel.......:banghead:

Then, monthly parking near my apartment cost me $1200 ringgit per month......

its freaking expensive to maintain a car in city like Hong Kong...every car park out there need to pay money. An hour parking in shopping area like causway bay will cost you $20 ringgit and its easy to spend $50 ringgit for a shopping trip with your gf....

malaysia is not that bad yet.....

Last edited:
Still ok laa...i drive a car in HK and pay $6 ringgit /litre for normal petrol... one full tank on my ride cost $280 ringgit from my pocket and it only last for 380-400km if i keep the super charger off. So in average, my car burn a glass of teh tarik in mamak on every km it travel.......:banghead:

Then, monthly parking near my apartment cost me $1200 ringgit per month......

its freaking expensive to maintain a car in city like Hong Kong...every car park out there need to pay money. An hour parking in shopping area like causway bay will cost you $20 ringgit and its easy to spend $50 ringgit for a shopping trip with your gf....

malaysia is not that bad yet.....

but working as a waiter at small kopitiam oso got atleast HKD20000 ler... wat says u....

we may not be rich bcoz we work for money ... not using money to work for us instead :thefinger:

Intresting la you guys, semua complain only, ,Umno yes kena liwat dulu,crony do you know only in this country you can do bussiness or make money if you know somebody to kow tau but not based on wht you got to offer ,you could have the best in the world and its sucks...........
So lets not keep on complaining la but lets move forward .

Its not we cant be rich our mindset makes a difference .
I want to throw this challange to you guys there is 2 way to be rich is
1 by helping others financially,or word of wisdom or encouragement.
and I gaurantee you by doing this you will become rich by another persons achivement and that benefit will revert back to you.

Now dont complaint la go there and help anyway you can

but working as a waiter at small kopitiam oso got atleast HKD20000 ler... wat says u....

normal waiter only earn hkD$4000-6000 in hk laa...where got so high pay?

according to their bureau of statistic only 30% of the people earning above HK$200000 per month.

but among the 30%, about 10% made more than 1 million HKD per year.

nevertheless, the pay level in the job market is decling especially in the 30-50k monthly pay range which contributed to the majority of the "real" middle class.

i tot we can use the those discraded box rice recycle chop stick hahahaha:thefinger:

use ur :thefinger: stick also can. haha..........
now G lower the fuel price 15cents. wonder how much is V power now.
even though the fuel price drop til Rm1/l we also wont be rich too.

Why we must be rich? To fulfill our unlimited urges? To make other people to do our job? Why must be rich is a very subjective thing on each individual. And at certain age, due to the interpretation of life had changed, the same individual will have different view on the same subject. When I say employing a mate is a luxury thing, someone may say it is a strategy planning. Slavery personnel will even make their mate to work non-stop for more than what suppose to be and release the daily life pressure onto the mate, because of trying to make the RM3-400 worth more than what suppose to be.

One type of rice feed 100 types of people. This subject will become a unlimited argument. But What I wanna say is that, if you wanna improve, 1st of all, must not blame other party. And, being poor is not a sin. Please don't discriminate/look down those poor people. Living in a RM5.7 million mansion doesn't mean more happy than a orang asli in the jungle. Life is not all about fulfilling all the luxury urges. But how many people will have that level of IQ and EQ to understand it? Most just driven by the advertisement media and the general concept of being successful. I named them as lost soul in a city. Sometimes, don't be too Wallstreet. Enjoying life can be as simple as looking at the greens. It doesn't require a suit that have Hugo Boss tag that priced at US$2.8k.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom