What is it with Sony!!!!!why??why??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

antonio

Old Member
When read ICE's forum anywhere alwiz sayz lit dis wan.....

Can anybody highlights the bad thing about this SONY brand????

Reading on posts n viewing their (SONY)highlights or website its like comparing btw metal and gold....

Why must this happend to SONY????

Any other brand that shares the same fate as SONY???(i.e:AIWA,Kenwood,Clarion,JBL,RF,LA,Pioneer,Focal,JL Audio, or whatsoever brand u think share the same "Bad reputation" as SONY...)

:blink:

Sony used to be good until they commercialized their stuff with the Xplod range.. the Older sony XES series is still good comapred to todays stuff.

The Xplod series is commercialized, doesnt look nice (ah beng to me), SQ is bad, Overprocessed Hu's etc.

Somehow in my experience with Sony HU's.. they sound good if you do not have an amp hooked up... once you do, it doesnt soudn that great anymore compared to otehr similarly priced HU's.

If you do get the latest Sony XES series amps, HU, speakers, subs... those are good... but at a price of 30-40k for the whole set. :)

They also goes out of alignment faster than you can say "So....."

from my personal experience

i used to have Sony XS-HF500G component speaker system (comes with 5 1/4",tweeters and crossovers) and Sony XS-L1236 12" Sub 900W .

The speaker died after using it for 6 months.Found out that one speaker kaput for no reason.I have checked all the wiring , all okay.

And best part is the sub.kong after 3 days using it. then switched to JBL knock woods until today still pumping.

My mohawk 900W amp died last week after using it for 1 year.Funny thing is my 600w mohawk amp which i bought 3 years back still good.

I'm using Sony everything except for the front speakers, tweeters and subwoofer.

So far, no complaints. Work as expected.

However, pls note, most of my ICE are 2nd hand - HU and amp.

Now I'm looking for a used 4CH amp, prefer Sony...

Aarrgghh!! Sony fever! Sony madness!

yeah, as bert mention, so far, only Sony mobile Es and XES range is worth invest only

i have sony and kenwood
sony one.....half year.....radio rosak....check check check....cd player's radio thing rosak.....so dun care lah listen to CD

my kenwood one half year also......take out cd , wont come out....have to take another cd korek a bit only auto come out.....

both of problem in 2my cars

diuz
hahaha

i used sony 570 before.....use for around 6 months....send back for repair.. :angry:

Originally posted by normality78@Apr 2 2005, 03:17
yeah, as bert mention, so far, only Sony mobile Es and XES range is worth invest only
[snapback]861333[/snapback]​

I totally agree .... it is funny how Sony makes the corporate decision sometimes, e.g. PDAs.. the had a good thing going on there.. then out off the blue, the decided to discontinue their hard work and their excellend PDA range..

of course in Audio, their gem was the ES then the XES, but when Xplod was introduced... everthing went down the drain..

perhaps as a MultiGlobal company, they have decided which segments that would rake in the highest profit e.g. Electrical appliances, PCs, etc.. but car audio perhaps was left out and they decided just to be a market follower just for branding sake than totally giving a non-existing image in the mkt... just my 2 cents...

p/s : till they day they have not exited or discontinued the products, i believe its a matter of time before they return, the question now is WHEN?

How about XM-604EQX ? Is this a good amp ?

Sony can make excellent product as proven by their track record. The problem is that IMO the investment just not justified because of not much market.. too many competitor.. so just cut off and invest in something more profitable.. after all nothing personal, its business as usual.

They make excellent Sony Wega TV no doubt about it. Even PS2 also have different grade. From my observation, the SCPH 3000X model is the best compared to SCPH 5000X and the latest SCPH 7000X model ( slim one )

Just my 2 cents

Let me see... my CA-690X is already 3 years old and still kicking, no skips unless I drove into a pot hole.

U maybe one of few lucky fella. My last CA-690X the radio when off after about 1 year plus of used.

i have been using Sony CDX L450X HU for about 3 years and like acbc said, only skipping when langgar lubang.other than that is okay.

some sony products are okay, some are ................... :)

i also use CA-690X model 3 years already, still in working condition... yes the power output is higher compare to other brand like kenwood pioneer etc...

i already used 2-din kenwood dpx-4020 model(like new CRV one), but the bass sound poor to me compare my sony so i change back to sony....

Originally posted by acbc@Apr 3 2005, 00:45
Let me see... my CA-690X is already 3 years old and still kicking, no skips unless I drove into a pot hole.
[snapback]863114[/snapback]​

ur an old skool bro *respect ..wuahahha... :rolleyes:

haih my sony xplod use less than 1 year rosak already, press other button but other thing comeout. And now the player is muting itself everytime the car shakes, sometimes no shaking also it gets muted. Damn tulan gonna change to other brand soon !

Top Bottom