What gear oil you using for your DC5?

hey...totally off topic...but the cheapo engine oil that the dealer serviced my DC5 with is starting to piss me off. engine is sounding very coarse...

just wondering...I've done some reading and it really boils down to a choice of Redline or Motul...

I'm leaning more towards Motul just for the fact that i've used it before in previous cars.

Does anyone know where I can get the Motul Chrono 300V 10W40...

Appreciate any feedback... :adore:

hey...totally off topic...but the cheapo engine oil that the dealer serviced my DC5 with is starting to piss me off. engine is sounding very coarse...

just wondering...I've done some reading and it really boils down to a choice of Redline or Motul...

I'm leaning more towards Motul just for the fact that i've used it before in previous cars.

Does anyone know where I can get the Motul Chrono 300V 10W40...

Appreciate any feedback... :adore:

u may try Lucas or Torco..they are great too.........

u may try Lucas or Torco..they are great too.........

i'm interested in giving Motul a try for this round. Lucas engine oils are usually very thick....

never heard of Torco before...

So does anyone know where I can get the Motul 300V?

honda MTF-3!!
sure beats the crap out of the other oils :P
haha sorry, I'm not driving a DC5, just some other car :)

ps: @ RM180, it's actually 4 litres.
Your DC5 will only need 2 litres, so you can share with a fren :)

honda MTF-3!!
sure beats the crap out of the other oils :P
haha sorry, I'm not driving a DC5, just some other car :)

ps: @ RM180, it's actually 4 litres.
Your DC5 will only need 2 litres, so you can share with a fren :)

its very hard to separate out 2 liters... might as well save it for the next gearoil change... i have my extra 2 liters lying at home...

anyways...does anyone know where I can get Motul 300V engine oils? :hmmmm:

cheap thing no good
good think no cheap!
always look for quality product on lyour lovely ride!

i agree...and the Motul 300V engine oils cost RM370 for 4L.... :bawling:

the guy will throw in a FOC oil filter...but it still costs a bomb just to service the car!!

in this case my service is the same price as my previous Alfa 147!! Who said Hondas were cheap to maintain! :mad:

I'm using MOTUL 300V 5w40 myself too. Meant for high revving engines.. :)

Goes for RM180/2L and its easily available. Most shops in Sunway have it.

I'm using MOTUL 300V 5w40 myself too. Meant for high revving engines.. :)

Goes for RM180/2L and its easily available. Most shops in Sunway have it.

I was reading up on this guys DC5-R blog... he seems pretty knowledgeable about the car, and he's in Japan... he's running 10W40 and thats why I wanna try it out...

how do you feel about the 5W40? have you compared to the 10W40?

its very hard to separate out 2 liters... might as well save it for the next gearoil change... i have my extra 2 liters lying at home...

anyways...does anyone know where I can get Motul 300V engine oils? :hmmmm:

hii..
im using motul 300v 15w50 fly syn. Can try search at JC racing..

I was reading up on this guys DC5-R blog... he seems pretty knowledgeable about the car, and he's in Japan... he's running 10W40 and thats why I wanna try it out...

how do you feel about the 5W40? have you compared to the 10W40?

Been using 5W40 all the while, so wouldnt know bro. I dont think there would be much difference. Janji boleh vtec .. :biggrin:

you can get motul easily at sunway. try to search around.

cheers guys.... thanks alot for the info.

now im just wondering which shop is the cheapest since everyone carries it. :biggrin:

a friend of mine gave me a contact, and he quoted me RM370 for 4L + Free Oil filter.... is this a reasonable price? This is without labor of course...

So with RM20 labor... it should come up to be RM390... how much do you guys pay for in Sunway?

now im just wondering which shop is the cheapest since everyone carries it. :biggrin:

a friend of mine gave me a contact, and he quoted me RM370 for 4L + Free Oil filter.... is this a reasonable price? This is without labor of course...

So with RM20 labor... it should come up to be RM390... how much do you guys pay for in Sunway?

4 liteRS not enough bro. heh heh. kena add one more liter. so should be more than RM390

try to get free labor charge bro...so u save d cost....

oil filter either use bc ori honda filter, or aftermarket filter such as M7 or Power mag........

4 liteRS not enough bro. heh heh. kena add one more liter. so should be more than RM390

how come not enough? the standby can in the car is it? :biggrin:

anyways...im gonna go get it done later at Skyzone is Aman Suria... used to bring my Satria there back in the day...

RM185 per 2L as per market price... so oil itself is RM370 already... + RM24 for oil filter + RM10 for labor = RM404...

=.=

Who the hell said maintaining a Honda is cheap!! :mad:

I miss my Alfa Romeo... :bawling:

how come not enough? the standby can in the car is it? :biggrin:

anyways...im gonna go get it done later at Skyzone is Aman Suria... used to bring my Satria there back in the day...

RM185 per 2L as per market price... so oil itself is RM370 already... + RM24 for oil filter + RM10 for labor = RM404...

=.=

Who the hell said maintaining a Honda is cheap!! :mad:

I miss my Alfa Romeo... :bawling:

it all depends on wat engine oil u using...

if u use petronas/shell engine oil..lets say rm200 4litres.....rm24 oil filter, labor rm10....rm234...u save almost half :)

Top Bottom