What can a plastic bag do to your car?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i stop using CAI already. cause of things like this...its too much of a risk for not much performance gain...i mean i really cant feel like immediately gaining so much or anything at all when i installed the CAI...im not saying its useless, im sure it serves its purpose, just that the gain isnt really so drastic.

somore must cut hole in bumper etc..if route to lower part fo bumper where there is a grill(if possbile), might be too low and risk sucking in water... haihs...so i stop using it. if really wanna go all out, just get a vented bonnet, air scoop, and channel cold air into the engine bay.

and about plastic bags, it can get pretty nasty if it sticks to your radiator, exhaust, or even manifold, becareful guys... try to avoid if possible...
ad, mind to explain what's the worst case scenario if the plastic sticks to the radiator, exhaust and manifold? any other parts? if such a thing to happen what should we do?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if stuck at radiator surely car overheated....

so if happen stuck/realized then stop to remove it....

else keep an eye on temp. meter....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i never did CAI, i understood flood water might gush in, if ur stuck in a flood/jam. so yeah, i think for the minimal gain, its better off trying something else
yup... i on the other hand learned hands on, but i never got into a situation where water was sucked into the engine....but it was very close... so i stopped using it 3 years back and never again for any of my cars.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

ad, mind to explain what's the worst case scenario if the plastic sticks to the radiator, exhaust and manifold? any other parts? if such a thing to happen what should we do?
bro,

if stuck to the radiator it will melt on the radiator and will not be able to remove it...and it wil prevent/reduce ur radiator from cooling efficiently as all the plastic will melt and harden....and highly possible to start overheating etc....if can the moment you pass a plastic bag, and you dont see it in the rear view mirror, stop at the side, and check if it sucked into the radiator,manifold or exhaust...if exhaust susah la to take out and nothing you can do....if manifold or radiator try to remove as much as you can....if severely melted...cant remove as its becomes super hard...not sure if there is a special chemical or what you can use to wash it off...if cant...change radiator is the only option.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
thanks adeg. plastic can be very scary. thanks a lot. i learned smtg new. at least now i know what to do if it happens again. most importantly, i'll be extra careful when i see a plastic bag on the road.
zth-ians, please pass the word around. tell ppl not to throw plastic bags around as it has effects on the environment and also our cars.