Want Speed?!! Go SIngle Turbo!! Discuss.....

faz

Apr 28, 2005
RealtyAgent said:
Isn't there any warranty? Hm...maybe the quality is not good but very cheap..hehe
I don't know man..i mean warranty or not..they'd just replace your turbine..worth getting your engine blown though?doubt it..

Thanks phat7..I'll make do with what i got first..till then I'll pm you..much obliged..

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
and dont forget very very expensive unless you go el cheapo single. LOL

Feb 17, 2006
just to throw in my thoughts. i purchased a GT35R kit and i couldn;t be happier with it. it will reach full boost by 3500 rpm. i have a lot of mods but i am pushing around 400 hp and i eat up any car that comes along (in the states that is). like anything on the fd it is going to be expensive no matter what you do. i was willing to keep my twins but then i took the plunge to single and i don't regret it at all. if you have any questions just let me know and maybe i can help.

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
Hi,wins

:shades_smile:

If u require 400+hp only, y don't u consider of maximizing d stock Hitachi twin with 1.535" x 2.283" inducer n 15 deg. clip wheel n that will capable of achieving 480hp.:regular_smile: Than u will realize tis have less 'Throttle' lag than d big single turbo unit.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
at what efficiency range though? the stock twins are plagued with problems at even 300rwhp let alone 480rwhp? do you have a dyno of this done? the best i've seen is 380rwhp but the twins got so heated (as it was out of its efficiency range) that hitting 400 with high psi seems ridiculous. what fuel and what psi would one need to hit 480?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
howdy winslow,

good to know you have the 35r. as a matter of fact i bought the same unit for my car. right now i'm rebuilding the engine and getting parts sorted out. one quick question, will the apexi rx6 manifold be sufficient to work with the 35r? are you running a t3 or t4 footprint?

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Force Performance said:
Hi,wins

:shades_smile:

If u require 400+hp only, y don't u consider of maximizing d stock Hitachi twin with 1.535" x 2.283" inducer n 15 deg. clip wheel n that will capable of achieving 480hp.:regular_smile: Than u will realize tis have less 'Throttle' lag than d big single turbo unit.
hey man,how can you do that? 480hp? stock turbine???

any proof? documentary? and pictures?

Feb 17, 2006
yeah i would have to agree with everyone else and say that clipping the fins is not a good idea. i have heard that 380 is about all you can get with the stock twins anyway. Phat 7- i am using a custom manifold for my turbo. the footprint is the same as a t4 though. as for the rx-6 manifold i would assume it would fit. don't take my word on it as i haven't really messed with apex'i turbos. most everybody i know uses garrett. As for turbo lag there isn't that much. the thing to look at when sizing the turbo is whether it is dual ball bearing or not. with dual ball bearings the turbo will spool up faster as there is less friction.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
winslow,

i'm rebuilding at this time. the setup is rather experimental. 35r turbine, cosmo uim/lim, street port and water injection. i would love to see full boost by 3600 but guess i'll have to wait and see. what ecu are you running? would be interesting to compare log files.

Feb 17, 2006
are you going to go with 3mm apex seals? i am running with an agressive street port and 3mm apex seals. for the ecu i have a Microtech LTX8s and i couldn;t be happier with it. what is the advantage of running the cosmo uim/lim? i am looking at getting a bigger throttle body though.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i'm running new seals - will pm you details. pfc seems to get the job done. we've found advantages in running cosmo uim/lim as the ports are approximately 30% larger. the downside though is the amount of work required to port the fd iron housings to match.

Feb 17, 2006
that sounds very interesting!! i would love to hear more.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my brake got sound when i didn step on it..erm..i just change to l2 brake disc rotor and caliper. got some eeeeeeee sound when my car running...but when i apply brake, even just a little, the brake wont sound anymore..anyone know y?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience