Wanna my Kenari look good and fast.HELP ME!!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
erin said:
Anyone here use before GPP brake pad?Good or Not.Red and black box.Eneos got sell.I ask Eneos they said this brake pad better than original brake pad.Around Rm68 or 88.
Pick-Up and speed also need.Last time i go to Genting using Kenari so slow no pick up.
I got silly question to ask.If want pick up then no speed?
I mean i want my car 5th gear at 180 lor 170km\h.I don't want to lower my car,last time my ex lower his car when hit bumper got sound.That sound irriates me.
There will always be a tradeoff in every mod.

if you want your engine to stay the same power, you'll either sacrifice top speed for acceleration or acceleration for top speed, if you can find the correct ratio.

if you want both acceleration and top speed, then you have to make your engine more powerful and sacrificing fuel consumption.

if you want both top speed and accelation, but don't want extra fuel consumption, then lighten your car, strip it, and sacrifice ride comfortability.

same goes with ride height, lower it for better stability but risk hitting bump, raise the car for better ground clearance and risk the car flip over when hard cornering.

mod car to me is more like shifting the balance, to be honest...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
gohkokeng said:
yo bro....lowered the car with chaging sport spring can gain TOP SPEED?

btw what is thet rules of the lowering level of a car? can ngam ngam fit a can drink?

pass bump susah if too low.....must pass left to right or right to left
what i mean is , if she want to go fast (this mean if she want to DRIVE FAST, not make her car go faster), i suggest her to stress on her car stability and braking system first..

sorry if u misunderstood.....:emoticon_U:

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
hmm kenari,if seriouslly wanna get that "top speed"..i agree with rollakid,try sorting out a smaller final gear ratio but it will cut down ur acceleration(give and take la)
but my humble opinion is...wan a box to go 180km/h is abit too dangerous,dun risk ur life....
My suggestion is..try for cosmetic and ICE,light stage 1 mod will be enuff already..
Haha,wake up late so need to speed?? go get skill first before go get the speed ya..
safety first always

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
K_Takuya said:
what i mean is , if she want to go fast (this mean if she want to DRIVE FAST, not make her car go faster), i suggest her to stress on her car stability and braking system first..

sorry if u misunderstood.....:emoticon_U:

chasis and brake upgrade in my opinion come after the driver skill upgrade.A more "healthier" way for it.

erin_k-car

Jun 6, 2006
Fluffy said:
adjustables is the way to go...:_:
ENEOS recommend me GAB for adjustable and worth for money
Is it good GAB?

I don't understand what the meaning in HI/LO for GAB adjustable only Kenari have.They said GAB didn't come out SOFT/HARD plus HI/LO for KENARI

Is HI/LO that mean i can make my car higher or lower my car but can't adjust SOFT and HARD?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
erin_k-car said:
ENEOS recommend me GAB for adjustable and worth for money
Is it good GAB?

I don't understand what the meaning in HI/LO for GAB adjustable only Kenari have.They said GAB didn't come out SOFT/HARD plus HI/LO for KENARI

Is HI/LO that mean i can make my car higher or lower my car but can't adjust SOFT and HARD?

Erin, i think before you do all that, better invest a little sum of money and buy a really good and reliable alarm clock :X-:

May i know how long have u been driving?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well the amount of years dont really justify ur driving skills.lol. i used gabs before. it was the normal ones not the hi-lo, i thought it was ok for the price. its more towards the hard side. but i enjoyed it. i dont know much bout kenari but how bout adding an anti roll bar.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah.the locally assembled ones are not that good with some ppl.i havent tried it..might buy them.that's if i cant find the jap ones.

the jap ones are hard soft adjustables..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
rollakid said:
fuiyoh.. damn terror way of asking other ppl's age? :rofl:

i heard gab nowadays is local made and its not really that good?
:regular_smile:

erin, we all care about you. dun drive fast bcoz of late to work..

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
local gab are only good when new, after a while they start to leak, my experience is i hv claim twice in 6months (only city driving).

changing to a smaller final gear ratio on a kenari would not help the top speed for a kenari, kenari's top speed is at 4th gear(5th gear is good for crusing only).

the cheapest and most effective way to gain pick-up and top speed without touching the internal engine is changing the injectors(changing the spray pattern), thus fuel consumption would be higher. satisfaction guarantee. my workshop did that for me, if u want i can intro u to them. they hv built several kelisas engines for racing purpose.

erin_k-car

Jun 6, 2006
I thought want to change GAB because ENEOS strongly recommend me this brand.Which brand suspension is good?No leaking,whatsoever
Anything to modify my car can gain top speed without increasing more fuel comsumption?
ZENDEN exhaust and extractor good or not?
Wanna ask what is "BUMP"?Because i saw in Marketplace section everyone putting Morning Bump,Night Bump some put BUMP

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
erin_k-car said:
I thought want to change GAB because ENEOS strongly recommend me this brand.Which brand suspension is good?No leaking,whatsoever
Anything to modify my car can gain top speed without increasing more fuel comsumption?
Wanna ask what is "BUMP"?Because i saw in Marketplace section everyone putting Morning Bump,Night Bump some put BUMP
There is no "perfect" suspension, all of them will worn out sooner or later, its just how long they will last, some few months.. some 10 years :biggrin:

only way to gain topspeed without increase FC is probably lighten your car and improve the aerodynamic(reduce drag).

zenden never heard before :P me n00b

bump is just to bump their topic to the top of the list, espeically when you wanna sell things and your topic got pushed to the second page and nobody will go to see it.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
erin,
Source for
1) racing cams
2) adjustable cam pulleys
3) port and polish
4) metal head gaskets (just to take the pressures and all)
5) exhaust manifold (mentioned by some)
6) air filter (mentioned by some)
7) bigger throttle body (not sure mentioned or not cos didn't read all posts)
8) air fuel ratio controller
9) haltech / microtech / programmable piggy back ecu / whatever kind of performance ecu
10) 2 tanks of 100 shot Nitrous Oxide (NOS)
11) performance spark plugs
12) performance spark plug cables
13) extra injectors
14) injector controller
15) performance radiator coolant (to keep the engine temp in control)
16) octane / fuel boosters
17) performance valve and valve springs
18) good set of absorbers and springs
19) good set of exhaust
20) wind calculated body kits (for down force)
21) performance/racing clutch
22) short gear shiters
23) gear shift indicators (forgot what you call those with red beeper lights)
24) upgraded brake system and preferably, all round disk brakes
25) front and rear strut bars
26) roll cage
27) rear quick release parachute
28) lots of pillow in the car
29) perhaps a psychologist

Last edited:

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
erin_k-car said:

GAB is a more affordable range of abs,they strongly reckon u because most probarly they wanna clear their gabs abs.Is not necessary for you to go coilover,a nice abs match with a suitable spring will do.Mod car is about modding to ur needs and understand the most fundamental basic for beginners and filter those maybe "u heard,i heard' information.
Mod to gain top speed without increasing FC is another dream of all beginners,as all of us repeated many many times.If you need your car to run faster,put in more air,more fuel and nice spark,fundamental reciprocal engine concept.If let's say there is a mod or engine that can go so fast,but very very low fc or in physcis term,you are putting less or zero input but getting more and more output(which is work),u created a perpetual motion machine which is impossible according to thermodynamic second law.
Rmb..go more top speed,definetly more fuel.Reduce FC,you get shitty power.
You can think of transplanting but it cost alot,stage 1 mod consist of intake mod,exhaust mod,nice plug,a CAI,fuel regulator maybe if wan too and etc etc etc,will most probarly give u abit more than 140km/h..160km/h i guess.Well that is really more than enuff for a kenari.
Oh yeah and like one of our forumner said ,6 years of driving doesn't justify one's skill.
My reckon
Stage 1 mod and tune
change a abs and pair with a gd spring
steel braided hose
better pad
A BETTER TYRE
Better engine oil and gear oil
the rest is up to your preferrence.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Oh yeah and like one of our forumner said ,6 years of driving doesn't justify one's skill.
I agree with this too. 6 years of driving dont always really make us prepared to drive a faster car...

Maybe all sifu's here can give us few lessons..:X-:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my 15yrs old sista also sees like a gen2..what about car enthusiasts think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience