VQ20DE - low to Mid Power range

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hi Guys,

I got a question on increasing low to mid power range for my beloved car.

I go up Cameron a lot, and in the winding uphill road, top speed seems kinda useless.

I don't feel like going down the Supercharger/Turbocharger path quite yet and an engine transplant doesn't really seem a feasible option when I should be concentrating to pay off my car.

Somebody suggested an adjustable cam pulley, do we have such thing for our car?

Last edited:

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
cam pulley won't help much just doing correction, and I don't even know if there is any adjustable cam pulley in the market for the engine.

You have no other choice, you best option is to get the 3L.

Do it the illegal way, dump in the 3L and nobody will even know it is a replacement anyway, cause the engine all looked the same. And no cops would even want to pull a Cefiro over.

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Either that or dump in a Manual gearbox ...

But ... KL .. jam .... wouldn't wanna walk around with left leg bigger than the right .. hehe

But the thought is ...... quite intriguing .. and i thought I saw a posting somewhere here about the manual conversion for 1.8K ....

Illegal 3.0 is nice, but not when i still owe the bank ...

if it is actually an option .... VQ35DE from Teana seems a nicer option .. :evil:

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
problem getting the VQ30 is hard...the VQ35 FF its even harder..

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
bro...sell ur 2.0 n get a 3.0....easy...3.0 is much cheaper than ur 2.0...hehehe
Roadtax .. very .. high .......

but .... very ... good .... power ....

add Titan .. add DCST (Defcon Chassis Strengthening Technology) ... :biggrin:

very .... Good :banghead:

Last edited:

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
cam pulley won't help much just doing correction, and I don't even know if there is any adjustable cam pulley in the market for the engine.

You have no other choice, you best option is to get the 3L.

Do it the illegal way, dump in the 3L and nobody will even know it is a replacement anyway, cause the engine all looked the same. And no cops would even want to pull a Cefiro over.
Btw, I read somewhere today JPJ was doing some operasi at one of the Highway rest area ... got some pic of the officer looking into the engine bay ... :confused_smile:

There are time I wish that engine number are not that easily viewable. My friend dumped a 2.8 (or was it a 2.5) engine into his E30 beemer replacing the stock 2.0 cause it seems the engine number is under the engine, they have to lift the engine then can oni see the number :emoticon_U:

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
normally for na engine ppl start doing ting wt da exhaust n intake as a begining.
Thanks Cheong, was thinking about it, had been asking around and was quoted 700 for 2.5" piping + the mugen replica twin loop muffler (supposedly better for automatic as less restriction than S-Flow, don't know how far true it is though)

Dunno much abt the mods for intake other than the drop in filter though. Anyone heard about wire mesh air filter? Better performance?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
power don't come cheap leh.. so add turbo which cause your lots of grand.. or change to 3L and you get to have better mileage vs he 2L only pay 2k extra per year

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As far as driving simulators go, Red Bull’s racing simulator mops the floor with almost anything else available to the general public. Gran Turismo 5 might be all the hype now, but when the men step up to show the boys how it’s done, GT5 just wouldn’t cut it.

Recently, David Coulthard and Jason Plato had a go on the Red Bull sim. They might...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience