tyre not balanced worn out

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
can someone explained to me how come the rear tyre not balanced worn out....it like "worn out...normal...worn out..normal" btw im using adjustable suspension. is it problem with my adjustable?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
how old is ur absorber?

try jack up & try shacking ur rear tyre, it shouldn't move, if it does, u got bad wheel bearing

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just share,
mt mech said, most japanese car, not new car, right hand side camber always 0.5 to 1.0......left hand side need to be 0.75 to 1.25.....it wont makan tayar.....

so, wat is ur camber setting......if its ok like above......check other zth member advised......

last time my tyre also makan tayar.....that time i ask mech to adjust camber to zero.....i thought it wont makan, he explain.....while ur car is moving.....it going to pumpy up n down...bottom of the tyre will move toward the car.....it will makan outside bunga......is ur tyre like that....??

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
just share,
mt mech said, most japanese car, not new car, right hand side camber always 0.5 to 1.0......left hand side need to be 0.75 to 1.25.....it wont makan tayar.....

so, wat is ur camber setting......if its ok like above......check other zth member advised......

last time my tyre also makan tayar.....that time i ask mech to adjust camber to zero.....i thought it wont makan, he explain.....while ur car is moving.....it going to pumpy up n down...bottom of the tyre will move toward the car.....it will makan outside bunga......is ur tyre like that....??
the front tyre is like that...mkn outside...but after rotated it is ok and not touch the middle one but the rear tyre look like it worn out not equally..some place got 'botak' and some place normal

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

how old is ur absorber?

try jack up & try shacking ur rear tyre, it shouldn't move, if it does, u got bad wheel bearing
mine absorber is 1 year old...hmm dont know if wheel bearing cam cause these problems

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
makan inside.....means camber too much.....better check bushing bearing....

another thg my mech said......rear tyre front portion alignment need to adjust towards inside....by doing this....more grip when cornering.....

sifu2, correct me if im wrongly explain....THANKS

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
wakaka,nah...im driving an old car and im an old uncle,need stable ride to commute,:rofl:
by the way, Nad, u r driving FF,dun think will makan dalam,u need to look when they adjust ur camber...hmm...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
here the picture...i hope mr crazyfrog can solve my problems
ohh satria neo ke..

okay like this.

first of all

check tyre pressure; front 32psi rear 30psi.

assuming all height adjustment is correct..

you're gonna need negative camber at the rear wheels, -1 to -1.5 degree each wheel ( assuming front wheels' camber is also around the same range as the rear )

0.5mm toe in for all 4 tyres.

front right hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
front left hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
rear right hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
rear left hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"

so, total toe for rear wheels should be 1mm "toe in"
same goes to the front wheels. total of 1mm "toe in"

hope this helps.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
ohh satria neo ke..

okay like this.

first of all

check tyre pressure; front 32psi rear 30psi.

assuming all height adjustment is correct..

you're gonna need negative camber at the rear wheels, -1 to -1.5 degree each wheel ( assuming front wheels' camber is also around the same range as the rear )

0.5mm toe in for all 4 tyres.

front right hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
front left hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
rear right hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"
rear left hand side tyre 0.5mm "toe in"

so, total toe for rear wheels should be 1mm "toe in"
same goes to the front wheels. total of 1mm "toe in"

hope this helps.
thanks for these info...btw i also change my rims that use 7.5 inch for rear and 7 inch for front still use 16 inch rims..some mech says i should pump air 32 psi front and 33 psi rear....and the the chamber i didn't do anything to make it "terkeluar"...it it possible these rims can make tyre worn inside? :confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If tyre wear pattern not balance then could be tyre swollen...get it check. If all is balanced then okay xD Then it got to be chamber and etcs like the rest mentioned xD

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u did alignment/camber adjustment after change absorber or before change absorber last time???

seems to mee like too much -ve camber.....for satria neo stock setup rear camber is -1.0degree if i remember correctly...if around -1.0 or -1.5 still okay...but if -2.0 or more it surely what u see on the tyre

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have here a grey BMW F30 today, for some light corrections and Optimum Coating. Initial conditions of the car was that it is in quite a good shape, paint was clean, seldom driven as the owner was waiting for us to do the coating before he drove it. The only defect we could spot was...

So as we can see from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience