Typical timing for street cars at Sepang SIC

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
wow wat a long post!!!

Just so u know, I'm not known to make crazy claims, as there's nothing to gain doing so. I hope that's not what ur implying.

As to the 2' 42++ time ( it was 42 point something but I forgot), in a bone stock FD2R, yes it was done by a current HMRT driver (not me though, I'm slower ) , so there goes one of my backup as u called it. Timed using a Demontweeks lap timer, not hand timed. Also during a session, with very very lil traffic. If wat u require is video data , then I don't have it. Sorry.

So make of what u will, to believe or not the time done.

Yes I do attend RCA, been there for the last 2 in fact, and will attend the one in DEC. Though i think it's not me u should be exchanging pointers with but the guy who did the time right?

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
wow wat a long post!!!

Just so u know, I'm not known to make crazy claims, as there's nothing to gain doing so. I hope that's not what ur implying.
Nope, that is definitely not my intention because sometimes we say something based on what we hear and see without knowing the true intricacies. And that is unintentional. And again, I do not mean you, just to be clear. And yes, you are right, there's nothing to be gained unless its linked to some form of business for which the crazy claims were meant to serve as some form of advertisement.

As to the 2' 42++ time ( it was 42 point something but I forgot), in a bone stock FD2R, yes it was done by a current HMRT driver (not me though, I'm slower ) , so there goes one of my backup as u called it. Timed using a Demontweeks lap timer, not hand timed. Also during a session, with very very lil traffic. If wat u require is video data , then I don't have it. Sorry.
You do not have to be sorry. Yes, it would be best to have video AND a datalog (so that one may compare from a simple 3 channel (velocity, lateral and long. G)output to be sure its more or less an apple to apple comparison. Having said that, no one is obliged to share what they know, more so in motorsports where it is competitive. But for anyone who would reciprocate in kind with information, I would be most willing to share. And that really is my aim, to be able to exchange honest, clear and scientific based information.

So make of what u will, to believe or not the time done.
It would be immature of me to view this as a "believe or not to believe" issue. I seek to improve my laptimes and iron out my driving flaws. Having said that, achievements and instructions alike should be logic based.

Yes I do attend RCA, been there for the last 2 in fact, and will attend the one in DEC. Though i think it's not me u should be exchanging pointers with but the guy who did the time right?
Why would you not think it could be you that I should be exchanging pointers? For the record, pointers can be exchanged with anyone who is honest about his driving. I do not think sharing is limited to a certain class, make, speed, level or timing. But yeah, if your friend is keen to share, I am sure I will not be the only one to benefit.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
*sigh*...December is looming ard d corner & i still haven't sorted out my car yet.........so,any1 know whn is d nex track day besides d RCA 1 in Dec?heard der shud b 1 in 22nd Nov but postponed to 29th?mayb all zth forumers can meet up during 1 of dis track days n exchange notes/knowledge?i'd really like 2 haf a look @ all d gizmos u guys r using 2 record lap/sector times....
n oh.btw,i'm driving a B16B 1989 Honda CR-X....best time of 2.48:xx,recorded w RaceChrono...using Shell RON97 w Yokohama A050 semi slicks....n i know y i'm doin d miserable 2.48:xx instead of d supposed 2.45:xx....hehehehhehe

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Having said that, no one is obliged to share what they know, more so in motorsports where it is competitive. But for anyone who would reciprocate in kind with information, I would be most willing to share. And that really is my aim, to be able to exchange honest, clear and scientific based information.

It would be immature of me to view this as a "believe or not to believe" issue. I seek to improve my laptimes and iron out my driving flaws. Having said that, achievements and instructions alike should be logic based.

Why would you not think it could be you that I should be exchanging pointers? For the record, pointers can be exchanged with anyone who is honest about his driving. I do not think sharing is limited to a certain class, make, speed, level or timing. But yeah, if your friend is keen to share, I am sure I will not be the only one to benefit.
pdreams,

Personally I have nothing againt's data info sharing, as this is related to street car times. It's not as if we were gunning for grid slot MMER Class A2. So I don't see any need for secrecy.

Do believe me when I say any achievements or info I share here are logic based.

As i asssumed u wanted driving pointers in relation to the 2'42 time, it was best I pointed to the man that did it, my HMRT teammate and friend.

I have no problems exchanging pointers with anyone, as most of us on this thread have the same aim, to improve our street car lap times. Personally I'm seeing if i can improve my laptimes in a streetcar too, for personal satisfaction.

If u are attending RCA Dec 09 then maybe we can meet up for a chat. I can't guarentee if my friend will attend though. I must say his input did help improve my own laptimes, albeit in a racecar and assisted by datalogging.

cheers

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

faisal bro what will you say if people talking stock fd2r can do 2:37? 5 seconds faster than HMRT driver
i dun believe 2:37 possible!
got some singaporeans talk like dis Singapore Mitsubishi Evolution Club • View topic - MPT Time Attack - Evo X one make class !!!
haha, well I can't say much can I? My own eyes have only seen 2'42 so that's what I'm sharing with u guys.

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
guys,
heres the timing for stock fd2r running replacement 850degC pads, hondata reflash & k&n dropin panel filter. 110kg driver n 70kg passenger. relatively stock condition car XXX1212.

Attachments

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Bro, ECU reflash & K&N is not stock FD2R aredi :biggrin: , thou I must say the times, with combined 180kg driver/passenger on board are mighty impressive. 6 laps conducted within 2' 42.xx . nice

Last edited:

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
guys,
heres the timing for stock fd2r running replacement 850degC pads, hondata reflash & k&n dropin panel filter. 110kg driver n 70kg passenger. relatively stock condition car XXX1212.
bro reflash not stock and pple put flash oredy most prob do other things liao like tire or align
anywayz i oso can easily take old list and say my car iz stock during that time but in reality not loh but lucky i gotz data and video to prooff plus i straightaway tell my fren and show him at the track and he can see my set up is stock on that day
you think so easy to win HMRT drivers i dun tink so loh!!!!!!!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
well,since i know jdm_supplies personally,i'm not shocked 2 c him doin such lap times....n i can tell u guys d car IS relatively stock except 4 d stuffs he mentiones......w a BONE STOCK FD2R,i think he cud still do sumthg like 2.45:xx sap sap sui....he's d 1 who taught me how 2 push my CRX 2 clock below my usual 2.5X:xx lap times....

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
good to see this thread continuing. so-called benchmark times will also vary depending on track temperature, whether it rained recently, etc... at the end of the day, just enjoy urself, push your limits and try to find the limits of your machine. every car is different!

for your viewing pleasure, 2 laps in a street worthy S15 (sound system, aircond, full interior except rear seat removed for harness mounting, no rollcage...) around Sepang :)

YouTube- Time Attack Silvia at Sepang - 2m 31s

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
mist,

Nice laps :adore:

I notice hardly any roll and pitch of your car, in corners (especially direction changes) and under hard braking. You must be running very stiff suspension set up?

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
bro reflash not stock and pple put flash oredy most prob do other things liao like tire or align
anywayz i oso can easily take old list and say my car iz stock during that time but in reality not loh but lucky i gotz data and video to prooff plus i straightaway tell my fren and show him at the track and he can see my set up is stock on that day
you think so easy to win HMRT drivers i dun tink so loh!!!!!!!
bro, i know is not TOTALLY stock n thats y i quoted the parts changed lar so that pdreams can do his benchmarking.... am definitely not worthy to be compared with all the sifus here but i strongly believe a TOTALLY STOCK condition fd2r can do below 2:42 with a LIGHTER & BETTER driver.:driver:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Nice vid prefer more engine sound than music. Made me feel a bit sleepy :D

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
i strongly believe u can do it too minus d passenger......ur own weight?no problem lar..u told me u can distmantle ur balls anytime 1 mah..leave it in d pits n race once w.out 'em..sure can clocke below 2.42:xx w a bone stock FD2R!hahahahhhaa..anyway,whn u clocked 2.42:xx w WXX1212,ur car running stock suspension n factory tyres,right?no IHE mods too,right?

deacon,
yeah,i agree w u...many vids nowadays all got music.can hardly hear d engine + gear shifting....prolly d driver 1na mask it?hehehehhhe.......

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Yeah totally man. I woulda preferred to hear the roar of the engine and everything else as well. This video almost seems surreal, what with the weather pattern in the sky and the almost "corner on rails" driving that was displayed.

Just for reference sake:-
YouTube- Honda S2000 vs. Ferrari 360 Modena

Laptimer

Known Member
Nov 7, 2009
KL
bro, i know is not TOTALLY stock n thats y i quoted the parts changed lar so that pdreams can do his benchmarking.... am definitely not worthy to be compared with all the sifus here but i strongly believe a TOTALLY STOCK condition fd2r can do below 2:42 with a LIGHTER & BETTER driver.:driver:
bro everyone have beliefs on everything but many beliefs oso wrong
what have been really done is one thing
belief is another thing!!!

liddat i say i belief a totoally stock condition fd2r with 100kg passenger and an LAGI better driver can do 2:32 oso no one can say anything cos is jus belief but no one have do before not even schumacher or the best drivers in our country

i tok to 100 driver
95 tell me fierce story say they so good so fast say SUPER TIME and say they belief can go even faster but all tok tok tok oni
but oni 5 will have the data or the video or can really shows me. this one is not jus tok or belief!! is what have really been done liao!!!! is real!!!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
looks like u need 2 go thru d ligthen process & detuned ur FD2R,thn clock below 2.42 wei!hahahahhaha...............

mist,
whoarr...really nice driving!ur behind d wheel?

jdm_supplies

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
jdm_supplies,
looks like u need 2 go thru d ligthen process & detuned ur FD2R,thn clock below 2.42 wei!hahahahhaha...............

mist,
whoarr...really nice driving!ur behind d wheel?
hahaha.... already did, replace pads back to original and lost my 15kgs balls of steel....
so though lighten now, i have no belief i can even do 3mins liao....:adore:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
hahahaha...who killed ur confidence?any1 else wud like 2 share their lap videos?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
jdm_supplies,
aiyo..dun like dat lar....thn take action lor..come come..i loan u my vid cam + tripod...i set it up in WXX1212 4 u,ok?

pdreams

Nov 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi jdm_supplies,

Thank you for providing your friend's lap for me to benchmark, serves as reference but not correlated for benchmarking for me.

Let's talk about the 2m42s with reflash that your friend did. Have you considered the effect of a reflash at a circuit like Sepang? Everything changes from rate of acceleration, to top speed, to earlier vtec point changeover etc etc. Its a power game from here onwards. Is it worth a few seconds per lap? All things being equal, I would say yes. For every second that your friend spends at a max. speed of 200km/h compared to mine of 192km/h, he would gain 2m over me. Imagine the gap he's pulling throughout the entire lap.

To say that he will do a 2m45s in a totally stock car is as good as me saying that I think I can do a 2m42s in a totally stock car i.e. it means nothing. Same applies for MME/HMRT driver who has done a lap of 2m42s but no proof. Of course, no one has to prove anything to anyone. I am merely saying, go one more step after believing, do it and quantify it in the process.

Transponder timing has no bearing about the car. Other than showing a time it shows nothing about the car or the driver. Today, video (try GoPro) and data acqusition are cheap (RaceLogic PBox) compared to the kind of parts being put onto the car. There's no excuse for any enthusiast to not quantify their laps if they want to be serious about the sport. And serious in this case, in the context of say football, means buying a ball and some boots. The basic.

I am of the belief that anytime ANYTHING that affects the car to do an ultimate fast lap is changed, it is NOT STOCK. Its funny how STOCK has evolved.

Case: An FD2R did a 2m41s recently, the car was stock I was told. Upon finding out, I think no one ever intended to present it as stock but word of mouth made it stock (it had exhaust, speedcut and a top of the line Tein coilover). Can such a lap be benchmarked? Guess not since a tricked out suspension can really achieved something (minimally 0.5s/1 min, likely more).

Cheers

Last edited: