Tech : 4G63T, Vr4, Evo's.

teztozterone

Known Member
May 18, 2006
hi guys,
anyone can tell me where the fuel pump relay is for an evo 2?
I realised my fuel regulator pressure keeps dropping after driving around.
And its running lean on boost...so i suspect that's the culprit...

Thanks guys :)

ADOLF

Oct 17, 2008
hi guys,
rite now runing 4g67 engine (head 4g67 & 4g67 block-rebore with vr4 rs piston and tc), wiring vr4 rs.
so im planing to upgrade my engine to become evo3 engine..hehehehe:biggrin:
i want to know ur opinion, what i need to upgrade first??
1. intake and t/body or (if change to evo intake,can pnp to 4g67 head??)
2. head or (if change to evo head, can pnp to 4g67 exhaust manifold??)
3.wiring (better change whole set wiring evo3 or just change ecu evo3 only??)
please sifu2:wavey:

owndferra

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
jb
guys sorry for the noob question..
is it a big differences in terms of technicality between evo2 ecu and evo3 ecu??

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Hi guys, normally how much do you guys expect from a camshaft upgrade like the HKS 272s?
Is the low end sacrificed for more mid to high end with lumpiness in the idling?

Jan 3, 2015
Johor
Its all based on the cam setting, advance or retard. On a good tune for a 272's streetable cam, nothing will be sacrificed, only bringing up your overall powerband.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Hi Xandos, mine currently is running on stock cam pulleys which I think it is not dialed to the correct specification as HKS intended but still streetable. However in the dyno showed that at the low end, I lost both torque and HP up till 3000rpm and at 4000rpm then only I see gains but not that significant and at the top end only at 6000rpm onwards I gained an additional 10HP over the stock camshaft (After a retuned)

So I feel that the cam settings is way out of whack, so I got HKS to give me the cam card specifications and will dial the cam properly this coming weekend with adjustable cam pulleys and see how it goes. If there is not much of a difference compared to the first tune, I would say I am dissapointed XD

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
OK, got a set of Adjustable cam pulleys and dialled in the cams to spec according to the cam card that HKS sent me. Now the idling is smooth, almost close to stock and after retuning the gains from mid to high is nice :) Gained roughly 30whp from stock cam and 20whp increase from previous tuned with whack out cam settings. Fuel consumption remains unchanged, still able to hit >400kms full tank :D

Recently got a FGK stainless steel downpipe from a friend of mine too. Hope the gains are nice with it :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tufoil is featured in today's May 28 edition of Harian Metro bahasa daily.

We have been told it has a readership of 1,000,000.

You can find Tufoil in this link: www.nstp.com.my according to the NST people.

Happy reading.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience