TEAM HP4G (Honda Prelude 4th Generation

hmm: (my opnions n reading n research)

actually ar.. exhaust box end .. pipings n extractor all .. is change to better/bigger to "make/increase exhaust gas flows nicely n perfectly thru those pipings" instead of stock small pipings with small2 holes/tubes in diameter cyclinder.

ok lets make a comparison:

1) 1 bottle of water = u drink with normal straw (small straw like mamak)
2) 1 bottle of water = u drink with bigger straw (big straw like starbucks)

Q = which one feels better n faster n enjoy to suck water to ur mouth?

same goes to engine gasses:

stock pipings with cat converter till mid box till end and stock exhaust (of coz this stock factory got a lot of restriction

change extractor,remove cat converter,mid box till end bigger pipes.

basically change all those related to exhaust will make exhaust gas flows and go out better n smooth compared to stock pipes.

* FYI even tho its 2'5inch.. but inner its like 2'25 - 2.3inch

same goes to stock pipes .. 2inch but inner/inside is like 1'7inch 1'8inc

case like sharinling:

off coz i agreed that stock cars if tested with mod cars .. got different. in terms of original condition is good! and its always good. i do agreed

but .. even its stock .. can u guys tell me .. even its stock you still have restriction to it .. let say u got pickups.. very fast want .. but top end? can stock cars maintain 180-190-2xx above with throttle control? (like japs trying to catch up with europeans)

let say mod cars .. got bigger n potential of high speed top end .. it may lose to stock opponent at pickups or top end .. but when its potential of modifications get to its level. u will see big difference..

let say played with turbo:

off coz turbo will lead 1st. due to turbo spools,boost comes in .. but then you at behind trying to catch up (touge battle la example) .. but then in high speeds your car seems to be in front of turbo and turbo slows down .. why? turbo gots its own limit.

so basically its just a examples.. maybe im wrong or not enough info. but seems good 2 me.

for me. mod cars,get good hp n whp. then can drive daily,go here n there. it should be fine. no problem. but dont mod until u wanna drive also scared. for what.. hehehe

mrbear said:

actually ar.. exhaust box end .. pipings n extractor all .. is change to better/bigger to "make/increase exhaust gas flows nicely n perfectly thru those pipings" instead of stock small pipings with small2 holes/tubes in diameter cyclinder.

stock pipings with cat converter till mid box till end and stock exhaust (of coz this stock factory got a lot of restriction

basically change all those related to exhaust will make exhaust gas flows and go out better n smooth compared to stock pipes.

case like sharinling:

off coz i agreed that stock cars if tested with mod cars .. got different. in terms of original condition is good! and its always good. i do agreed

but .. even its stock .. can u guys tell me .. even its stock you still have restriction to it .. let say u got pickups.. very fast want .. but top end? can stock cars maintain 180-190-2xx above with throttle control? (like japs trying to catch up with europeans)

let say mod cars .. got bigger n potential of high speed top end .. it may lose to stock opponent at pickups or top end .. but when its potential of modifications get to its level. u will see big difference..

off coz turbo will lead 1st. due to turbo spools,boost comes in .. but then you at behind trying to catch up (touge battle la example) .. but then in high speeds your car seems to be in front of turbo and turbo slows down .. why? turbo gots its own limit.

so basically its just a examples.. maybe im wrong or not enough info. but seems good 2 me.

for me. mod cars,get good hp n whp. then can drive daily,go here n there. it should be fine. no problem. but dont mod until u wanna drive also scared. for what.. hehehe

Wah.... you guyz very technical liao... heehhe... but i think the best to go for prelude exhaust diameter is 2.5" lah, with this setup initially, then you will have more room for upgrade later without changing another set of exhaust again. Just aim for the correct target HP like Sharinling show and will be safe.

mrbear said:

case like sharinling:

don lar wei, i bengang liao read about the straws hahahaha, bigger straw you need more suction and energy to get the water out ma. Nvmd, i dont get it.

cat box can remove meh? i tot its illegal to remove? i read somewhere that removing it is not good for environment and blah blah blah stuf rite?

Actually the real car tuner ar, will use CFM test to check which piping size is the best possible and not refer to a chart. But we all normal people where got so much time hang out at the workshop and keep changing pipe size to get the optimum CFM value rite? If is kaki racing wan than ofcoz can. I tink I got explain to you b4 how they do it rite on MSN?

Some tuners out there kind enuf to post their findings from the tests so means good for us. Following the chart is just a simple guide so that our own lude bro's dont do wrong thing and screw up our own setup.

Anyway, its time to get off work, everyone have a nice day and ponder your car modding plans muahahahaha

sharinling said:
NO!!! upgrading exhaust system without knowing your engine potential can bring very very bad results for your car.

You can do all the other stuffs first but not exhaust system. U nid to dyno 1st, know how much bhp ur lude got at the engine than only fit the exhaust size.

Why? incase your engine output is actually lower than 190bhp and buta buta go put a 2.3" piping, ur engine gonna die. Why die? because the pressure in your exhaust manifold will be too low and when the exhaust valves open during the running cycle, balance exhaust gas will still retain in the cylinder and this is very bad for engine.

So plz consider very carefully.

Aiyah!!!!! Tai Look loh...... :shocked: I have changed mine to 2.5' few month ago woh...
I never Dyno my car before le!!:emoticon_U:

sharinling said:
don lar wei, i bengang liao read about the straws hahahaha, bigger straw you need more suction and energy to get the water out ma. Nvmd, i dont get it.

cat box can remove meh? i tot its illegal to remove? i read somewhere that removing it is not good for environment and blah blah blah stuf rite?

Actually the real car tuner ar, will use CFM test to check which piping size is the best possible and not refer to a chart. But we all normal people where got so much time hang out at the workshop and keep changing pipe size to get the optimum CFM value rite? If is kaki racing wan than ofcoz can. I tink I got explain to you b4 how they do it rite on MSN?

Some tuners out there kind enuf to post their findings from the tests so means good for us. Following the chart is just a simple guide so that our own lude bro's dont do wrong thing and screw up our own setup.

Anyway, its time to get off work, everyone have a nice day and ponder your car modding plans muahahahaha

* muahahahhaha... muaghahaha (blow jobs) nice!

* aihhh .. ya lor.. off cozz new pipes.. bigger pipes needs more "suction" that's y stock air filter/box/piping,u change/remove to open pod intake filter.

* its illegal to remove cat converter. in US its really illegal. but here? here malaysia maa.. where got jpj gonna knee down to see u got cat converter or not. here JPJ dun have that rules for "illegal removing cat converter"

* my car already 14yrs old. bascially.. that cat converter.. inside they got like liquid or etc2 la.. if gas fumes got a lot of toxic or etc2.. the converter will injects like perfume to it. to vanish the smell. but since the car is 14yrs.. all the things/perfume inside all finish long time gone d.

* normally.. if im not mistaken.. u should change ur cat converter in 2-3-4yrs time once.. if like US.. its illegal to remove n they got laws for it

* ahahha.. if u ever see cat converter.. aihh sad 2 say .. if ur piping is 5inch also.. u dont remove cat converter.. ur car no power lor.. inside cat converter like our car damn small holes. like tiny dots dots only.. front big pipes.. end middle pipe exhaust all big pipes .. but cat converter small2 dots holes (that's y factory put cat converter) summore its restricted by factory. after remove. walaoh.. throttle feels light.. n etc2

* i notice after remove cat converter all.. u can smell sumthing but not so oviously.. dun care also ahaha..

* also got white smoke/etc2.. but thats only when start or idle or cold. (not related to engine problem)

i think i tarik too much leh, just now played some drag along LDP DU side together with another beemer. now ar on the way home cruising at 100 everytime i press the gas to abit got some kind of ringing sound. die lor, i going to drop by amoil tomolo to check. my poor BB

Also, i think my cat box oledi konk wan leh. Cat box theoratically will just be a hindrance to the air flow, hmmmm.....i think i will add this to my mod plan hahaha

Tadi oso a gen2 came speeding from behind at 160, now i starting to respect that car. so out of curiosity i look into campro technology, just another DOHC. But a good DOHC

but chaik!! got anot, proton developing their own variable valve timing tech like vtec and vvti called CPS, scheduled to be installed in 2007 models. hmmm interesting. looks like proton want to go head on with da civics...hahaha

simonyap said:
Aiyah!!!!! Tai Look loh...... :shocked: I have changed mine to 2.5' few month ago woh...
I never Dyno my car before le!!:emoticon_U:

Bro, dont worry please. if you havent mod your engine than i assume your piping is lebih already.

Again dont worry about the adverse effects of oversized pipes. Think on the brighter side, now you can start modding your engine all the way up to 200 MONSTER HORSES muahahahahaha...dont worry too much lar okay, if you want instant boost, go for force induction, TURBO YOUR CAR HAHAHAHA, or if you still want to keep it as naturally aspirated as possible, start from the basics.

Honestly speaking, i think that all ludes should atleast have 200+ horsies atw. Sufficient enuf to tapau a 328 2.8 v6. our stock already can overcome a 318 but when the bigger bro come out only ar, CHEH!! i only get to see his rear end which is....trust me....very disappointing.

sharinling said:
Bro, dont worry please. if you havent mod your engine than i assume your piping is lebih already.

Again dont worry about the adverse effects of oversized pipes. Think on the brighter side, now you can start modding your engine all the way up to 200 MONSTER HORSES muahahahahaha...dont worry too much lar okay, if you want instant boost, go for force induction, TURBO YOUR CAR HAHAHAHA, or if you still want to keep it as naturally aspirated as possible, start from the basics.

Honestly speaking, i think that all ludes should atleast have 200+ horsies atw. Sufficient enuf to tapau a 328 2.8 v6. our stock already can overcome a 318 but when the bigger bro come out only ar, CHEH!! i only get to see his rear end which is....trust me....very disappointing.

TURBO kah??? Don't want le...nanti become TROUBLE!!!
Modding on my car for now are only installed Pivot Speed Cut, NGK iridium spark plug, open pod air filter, 4-2-1 extractor, 2.5' exhaust pipe till end following original route with center bullet and 2.5' S-flow muffler.
Mine is Vtec manual lude. Further is unwanted self or natural modification..... become a cigarett SMOKER with drinking engine oil :embaressed_smile: (suspect valve seal leakage)

simonyap said:
TURBO kah??? Don't want le...nanti become TROUBLE!!!
Modding on my car for now are only installed Pivot Speed Cut, NGK iridium spark plug, open pod air filter, 4-2-1 extractor, 2.5' exhaust pipe till end following original route with center bullet and 2.5' S-flow muffler.
Mine is Vtec manual lude. Further is unwanted self or natural modification..... become a cigarett SMOKER with drinking engine oil :embaressed_smile: (suspect valve seal leakage)

* this tailo .. dun play2 .. powerful wan!! .. aiyoo tailo.. when wanna meet la? go yumcha ma.. talk cock!!

ya simon when want to meet talk kok hahahaha!!!

Anyways guys, looks like my BB got some problems, amoil guys checked my car 1st cylinder got compression leakage, 13 13 13 10!!!! not too bad but run liao, my vtec not running smoothly ade. my gearbox oso going to konk everytime tarik like crazy. Sigh sakit hati.

Anyways, today dynoed my BB,

Before, wif stock cable, NGK Iridium and nology powercore, whp 140PS, max torque 122lbft

After wif nology cable, silver and powercore, whp 142PS, max torque 125lbft

all at 6k rpm

conclusion is, if engine is not in good condition, you wont get good results...but nevertheless, Nology works. So now my next plan going to fix that leaking cylinder, do a pnp, change my gearbox, do exhaust system, get better volt stabiliser and order that Nology ignition coil and module set. existing coil and module not suited for Nology but thats another story.

Arh yes, and my engine sounds different now. More bass sound, i like it....hehehe

yummy 140whp!! not too bad for an auto w/out using a fuel management.

u got so many things on the lineup arr... hmmm very tempting
i think another 20 horses for u after that.

hahahaha....but JZB, i must warn you and everyone else first about nology cables. It is NOT compatible with our stock ignition coil and module ar. Yes there is increase in WHP but the increase in whp from 3.5k till 6k is not smooth compared to stock cable.

To solve this, nology has their own coil and module to control the firing to smoothen out the hp increase. Thats another story for next year hehehehe

GILA!!!

see lar you ppl, put me in a dilemma now. I love the comfort of auto but I also yearn for the power of manual.

guys i feel scared drive my car.. i cannot go even more than 4000rpm.. really scared.. really

when driving more than 4000 till redline .. step the gas pedal..

i felt my body been pushed to da seat tightly..

damnnn.. i dunno wat monster inside .. when pedal off more than 4000rpm

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom