Taking Care of a White car

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by Seraph+Feb 17 2005, 00:50 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Seraph @ Feb 17 2005, 00:50 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-g88@Feb 17 2005, 00:44
how you protect against those stones hitting your grille and bonnet?

1. Don't drive the car so much :lol:
2. Don't drive on rocky road...

Mine also got kena...can't do anything...touch up balik lor... but i am on option 1
g88- how u touch up balik?

le - yeah, usually with a seperate cloth when wax off. [/b][/quote]
i touch up balik with the left behind paint that i got from my paint shop last time (4-5 years back) when i respray the car

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
so, that's what it means by on/off. I confused..what has waxing got to do with the ignition .. :lol:

am thinking of buying the machine to wax car....what do you guys think? (at least my hand wont so "kebas" after that).

cheers,
s-c

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
Originally posted by spec.check@Feb 17 2005, 15:23
so, that's what it means by on/off. I confused..what has waxing got to do with the ignition .. :lol:

am thinking of buying the machine to wax car....what do you guys think? (at least my hand wont so "kebas" after that).

cheers,
s-c
where can get ?
actuali i m planning to get oso...
my home got 4 cars need 2 polish..
everytime after polish..
my hand can move for dayz :lol:

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
spec.check, some waxes claim to clean and polish and at the same time. these are slightly more abbrasive than pure waxes. pure wax does not have any cleaning properties at all. :P

turtlewax falls into the first category, which is an all in one polish wax cleaner etc etc.

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
popiah dude,

thx for the info. Doesnt waxing give the same effect as polishing? Wuz the diff neways?

Seraph,....so, its called a buffer machine. Never knew what it was called.

chirz,
s-c

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
hi spec.check, a pure polish is used to deepen the car's colour. however, it has no cleaning or protecting properties. pure polishes like meguiar's show car glaze is said to contain special blend of oil and chemicals to make the paint look wet and deep.

a wax is a protective layer that is applied as the final step in a car polishing process. there are some containing natural carnuaba wax, and there are some that are polymer sealant.

the cx, i dunno about soft99 white, i have not used it before. :P i have used the liquid soft 99 in a blue bottle before, dun like it. hehe.

R.C.

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by man10681@Jan 25 2005, 20:45
im using white pearl,every week must wash,if u leave more time then the dirt will stick to the paint...then u r going to spend more on waxing or polishing...
True.

My first car was a white EG hatchback.

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
my dad owned a white saga before.. the color and the shiny last for 7 years! B) then sold it! :(

the trick is, wash your car with clear water, not with car shampoo! it will make the paint loss its color soon.. and one more, wash your car at least once in a week! :D

spec.check

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
popiah,

I reckon it is then advisable to apply wax after we have polished the car. Brands like KIT...is that a polish or a wax?

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
is damn difficult to maintain white car,no matter how clean u washed if rain then become dirty,theres some black colour stain.sigh :(

junauto

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
It's pretty easy, the dirt of course you can't stay away from that. As long as the white shines just wash with water and place the car under shade which I have and color still shining like new after 2 years.