Supercharge/Turbo kit for Lancer GTS

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1st thing i'm a new member here & would like to say hi to all.

now to the topic, i've recently bought a Mitsubishi Lancer GT-S & yes i pay extra for the 'special edition', i heard that alot of ppl say its stupid but i just can't resist the black rims :biggrin:
I like the car's handling but really really hate the stupid CVT gearbox, it just sap all the engine's power & the manual mode isn't any better. The 4B11 engine is also abit lazy, it didn't rev like crazy & the low end torque is also not good for a 2.0L engine, maybe its caused by the CVT again sien. Seriously i'd rather have a 4-speed manual or a 3-speed auto than this CVT. Right now, i'm very sure that my old Corolla SEG with 20v 4A-GE will smoke my Lancer & blow it away into the middle of next year.

Now i'm just looking for option to make my Lancer faster, i've asked my friend who modified my SEG & he wouldn't work on my car coz he never worked with a CVT before. So, anyone knows where can i mod my Lancer? I like supercharging maybe smaller turbos. Since the CVT can't handle alot of power, i won't need alot of HP just more low-mid range power to help the pickup. If i can match the power of my SEG with the handling of my Lancer then it will be CUN! Any help, suggestions & recommendations greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Finally INVECS-III sucks! :banghead: Please Mitsubishi don't put crappy gearbox into a nice car!

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmm. CVT works well in other cars. not sure why lancer GT is like that. anyway. if u really want.
-change to super lightweight sport rims
-exhaust headers
-air intake
-convert to manual if thats possible
mod will void warranty mah. better live with it la.u drive lancer GT not evo. so be it.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
hello joe2d,

thanks for the info... i nearly bought the GT-S before...
modding the GT-S seems very rare at the moment.

maybe could use fraz006 idea + using piggy back systems...

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i don drive any lancer GT. but, my fren lancer GT, he changed to 17" enkei lightweight. he sed, the stock rims are super heavy. if u follow the manufacturers specs: offset, diametre, chances are no warranty will be voided. lightweight rims give gain for acceleration from standstill, and its significant.

so, yerp just sharing what i believe to be the best safe mod for u. make sure u choose the best design for the rim. coz, the lancer GT stock rim by far is too beautiful, seriously. :adore:

Last edited:

alexlock

Jun 29, 2008
i was drive lancer GT. i use to better and faster. anyways the only need to programing your cpu only good enough

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
light weight rims also helps in cornering, and better stopping power n shorter distance

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Just change or re-programme the engine ECU and CVVT ECU first. Not sure which kedai could do it but you could always fidn out in the lancerGT forum.

Sometimes it not about the CVVT or ("the hardware"), it's the CVVT ECU ("the software') that control it !!

I've the same experienced while driving my Detomaso Auto seven (7) years a go. Swapped my car ECU + gearbox ECU with the newer model would produce a different result/feel.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
now, i'm blur oredi...
we r refering to CVT (continous variable transmission) or CVVT (Continous Variable Valve Timing) that regularly use in Nissan engine....

CVT is not good (in terms of power gains and durability) for performance modification.
It was built more on smoothness n comfortability...

i dont know whether it's possible to swap to manual tranny (which model ?)... but, if possible, it should be done...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
now, i'm blur oredi...
we r refering to CVT (continous variable transmission) or CVVT (Continous Variable Valve Timing) that regularly use in Nissan engine....

CVT is not good (in terms of power gains and durability) for performance modification.
It was built more on smoothness n comfortability...

i dont know whether it's possible to swap to manual tranny (which model ?)... but, if possible, it should be done...
It posssile. FYI, Lancer GT/GS sold in Singapore both in AT and MT. Same goes to Honda Civic FD1 or FD2. Last time while I'm in JB, I noticed this one Civic FD2 Singaporean car converted from 5 speed manual to 6 speed manual.

I guess those who rajin jalan2 to kedai potong should be very lucky if could found one!!

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
at least got some alternative to unleash its true potential...
IMHO, if wanna modify Lancer GT/GTS, the tranny (CVT) should be swap with manual one first..

That CVT really sapped the performance...

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
i have test drive my frenz nissan slyphy 2.0 cvt with 17' rim, for my frist drive with slyphy that power feel like no pick up no power for me , but ..when i test the acceleration 0-100kmh.. just in 10.3sec is faster than 2.4 camry is 10.9sec ....damn:hmmmm:

dun't bolt on turbo or supercharger if ur's cvt gearbox , just waste the money oly , cvt gearbox cant support more higer power , stock ecu will disable ur cvt when ur engine got too hi power! this case alredy happing with lancer gt-s owner at penang

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
i have test drive my frenz nissan slyphy 2.0 cvt with 17' rim, for my frist drive with slyphy that power feel like no pick up no power for me , but ..when i test the acceleration 0-100kmh.. just in 10.3sec is faster than 2.4 camry is 10.9sec ....damn:hmmmm:

dun't bolt on turbo or supercharger if ur's cvt gearbox , just waste the money oly , cvt gearbox cant support more higer power , stock ecu will disable ur cvt when ur engine got too hi power! this case alredy happing with lancer gt-s owner at penang
U can't compare the 1.4 ton car with 1.2 Ton car. Definitely smaller car tend to go first due to the lighter and better power-to-weight ratio gains. Bigger size car ("GX Cars") have different gearing setting and don't really meant for so acceleration.

Take as an example, Accord Euro R CL7 has the same 6 speed MT and engine capacity of 2.0cc K20AR same with those Integra DC5, Civic FD2R or even Civic EP3 ("GL Cars"). Definitely at starting grid, the 0-100kmh result for Accord would be terrible as compared to those GL Cars, since it's heavier. However, when it comes to the fourth gears onwards, all GL Cars would not able to keep-up with the Accord due to longer gear ratio designed for the Accord (except for FD2R since FD2R "copied" the same gear-ratio with the Accord CL7 and different final drive). Therefore the Accord still wins those cars with this longer ratio. (FYI 4th gear on Accord redlined at 180kmh and 5th gear redlined at 235kmh and one one more gear to go. i.e 6th gear).

Same basis applies to the other car model such as BMW E60 525 vs BMW E90325 etc...

GX Cars meant for top cruising whereas smaller car meant for accelerating (in most performance cases)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
It posssile. FYI, Lancer GT/GS sold in Singapore both in AT and MT. Same goes to Honda Civic FD1 or FD2. Last time while I'm in JB, I noticed this one Civic FD2 Singaporean car converted from 5 speed manual to 6 speed manual.

I guess those who rajin jalan2 to kedai potong should be very lucky if could found one!!
i also heard bout the FD2, the owner bought the car darn cheap from auction company something like that, but the gbox hancur already...so he need to find another 1...didnt know he managed to fit in the 6 speeder...:adore:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi people! New thread on turbo... Share your thoughts...

<http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-forced-induction/342583-improved-fuel-economy-from-added-low-pressure-turbo.html#post4366839>

Thank you!

Nov 7, 2009
Kota kinabalu
sory to interup..
just searching the info for lancer gts n found this topic..
im using evo 7.5 gt-a
yup the 1st evo in auto..it use invecs II gearbox...
already been use it for 5 years now..and already have made some mod in the engine..yup my mech also said he worry for the gearbox..but until this time it still can manage the upgrade that i made..
if u do some research for invecs gearbox in mitsu cars..u will find some info that will make u say.."thay way it wont work"...cos every gearbox have it own self character...and it have their own way in how to use it and get the best from it...what we need to do is looking for it..and use it in the way it was to be to get the full potential from it..ihihihihi
just from what i have learn from my car..n like to share it...
n now im looking to find invecs III gearbox to fit in my evos..ihihihi..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,
Myself going to change my satria 1.6 (4G92 SOHC) to DOHC(not engine tukar ya) this weekend but the guy told me after to DOHC, my car pick up is not as good as it is now (SOHC). izzit true.
Pls give me some info here cos the cost of the SOHC to DOHC is around Rm900..
thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience