steering vibration

sgsrao21

May 15, 2009
my stock waja having steering vibration at the speed after 110km/h,the rim is still new.

done balancing few times including on wheel balancing.it's a minor vibration,so not sure is it rim problem or some other stuff.

please advise.

Freeflow

Known Member
Oct 6, 2009
Selangor
Re: stering vibration

I guess front wheel bearing. Dont know the exact name of the Part in english... Like a small ball. Hope you know what i mean.

viper5965

Known Member
Oct 6, 2007

i hv been prob like that b4.....u need to re-balance your wheels back...it myb the shop not do proper wheel balancing for u @ their machine not accurate yet.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak

ya.. me too think like that. Check your balancing again. Maybe the shop u go didn't do their job well. If u have tried few shop and symptom still persist, may be it's due to your shaft. Or before that, go and get front strut bar. Sometime it can be chasis vibration also.

sgsrao21

May 15, 2009

thanks for the replies guys

i done balancing more then 5 times already in different places.
This problem occur after my car hit big wodden piece on the road.

The stock rim totally dented,then change to current rim.after only start facing this problem
maybe i need to check the drive shaft after this

viper5965

Known Member
Oct 6, 2007

try check ur drive shaft at g.box side.they also got vibration too if wan to kaput..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
maybe the piece of wood might knock 1 of the lower arms or driveshaft.
jack your car, remove your both front wheels & start checking on all the arms & bushes...if there is freeplay. means that 1 kong edi.....get a mech or experienced frens to help u.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

check your engine mounting also. might cracked.

Lesley Fung

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
if balancing a few times at a few shop then is not balancing prob. If rim bent, u can see it when rotating at the balancing machine and also the balancing machine will keep asking u to add weight again n again. Try this method
1. wheel allignment
2. check wheel bearing - worn out or not
3. arm bush

good luck

sgsrao21

May 15, 2009
Just change the engine mounting,but still didn't resolve the problem.

Already check the drive shaft,no issue at all.

The foreman says the bearing also ok.........

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
You mentioned that you changed to new rims and the vibrations started occurs, right?

I just wonder maybe that little vibration occurs because of the improperly/wrongly size of spigot ring fitted into your rims. This scenario sometimes happened when we changed to aftermarket rims. The bigger size of centre hole on the aftermarket rims must be fitted with correct size of spigot ring according to your car centre bolt knuckle. It is to prevent any "free play" of the new rims at the centre bolt.

sgsrao21

May 15, 2009
the tyre is new,bridegstone my-01

are u saying the centre cone? :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys,
would like to go polish my car and wax a few layers ...anyplace to recommend ? preferabbly around rm 100 oni ler :P hehe tqtq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience